Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-21-2022, 10:47 PM   #1

Water Pressure Issue on Fresh Water Tank

I'm going to be trying to hunt down a water issue that only seems to happen with dry camping and using the fresh water tank. Last year, I had a leak only when filling the fresh water tank behind the control station. CW said it was a blocked filter in the line at the water pump. It worked fine until this last time out. While filling the fresh water tank, I noticed a very slow drip of water coming from the low point drain area on the door side just behind the basement storage door. I think the only way to access this low point drain valve is to open the panel where the central vac dust bags are at. Can anyone with a 2016 Pinnacle or NorthPoint confirm the location of the low point drain valve on the door side of the FW?

After filling the fresh water tank, the drip stops. The whole trip it never leaked again. I noticed that our water pump ran way more than it should. I expected to find a leak, but found no water on the ground, or under cabinets, or any dampness anywhere. Every morning, there would be air in the lines again and the faucets would spit and sputter until the water pressure filled up the lines again. Am I looking for a cracked fitting that is letting the pressure bleed off or is the water pump after 6 years gone bad and the problem is at the pump?

Any ideas or suggestions on where to start hunting this "needle in a haystack" would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

RVing all my life......1st Jayco
ETCrockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 07:51 AM   #2

If the drip stops after the FW tank is done filling, I would look for a leak / crack close to the fill point. If your faucets sputter each morning you are drawing air in someplace. It's going to be a process to look for the crack / leak.

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote