Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-30-2018, 08:46 PM   #1

Water Pump, Dry Camping 375 BHFS

I just did 5 days of dry camping. Do any of you have issues with the water pump getting air lock and not turning off (keeps running for a while) or stalling (not pumping) at times. I have two bathrooms and probably long lines (375bhfs). Water tank is full when it happens and it was not working great over 5 days if its just air in the lines. I thought after awhile it would improve. I'm even willing to buy a better pump if that's what it needs. My neighbor had a wilderness travel trailer(26ft.) and he was complaining about the same problem. I don't dry camp much so really don't know how common it is. Thanks..

2014 Ram Dually 6.7 Diesel
2016 North Point 375BHFS
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 12:57 PM   #2

Check all the fittings and especially the screen filter. Sounds like you are getting air from something other than a purge.

I have a 2 gallon expansion tank on my unit that keeps the cycling down and allows the water to run for about 30 seconds prior to the pump coming back on.

Also make sure the valves are correctly turned all the way as needed on the control board also that the bypass is not on.

Being it's pumping air I would focus between the tank and the pump.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 03:10 PM   #3

Hey Dan, yes all my valves were set for dry camping. I kinda thought maybe there was an issue with the pump. At times when I opened the faucet there wouldn't be any water but power at the pump. But all of a sudden it started pumping properly. I did check all the fittings and all seemed good and no leaks either. I don't think there is a expansion tank as I didn't recall seeing one. I'm going to double check it again this week. I may check on a new pump & expansion tank as I don't mind buying something better than what is there if necessary. The unit has been flawless since getting it back from Jayco factory service in June and fixing the slides myself. I plan on keeping up on everything to keep it that way.

2014 Ram Dually 6.7 Diesel
2016 North Point 375BHFS
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 03:13 PM   #4

Air leak on the suction side or the pump itself. Definitely not normal. I dry camp 99% and we shower and all on our pump.

Earl
Line-X premium
Mopar wheel to wheel steps
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 06:42 PM   #5

If you have a suction strainer at the pump, I would check it first. Then move to the discharge check valve, generally part of the pump end. Can be replaced by it's self.

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote