Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-05-2023, 10:39 AM   #1

Water pump issue

I have a 2022 eagle 28.5 and my on board water pump seems to be sucking air. I am currently on a month long trip so taking in to a service center is not really an option. I don't mind fixing it myself but does anyone know just where the pump is located?
Thanks in advance!
Bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 12:20 PM   #2

Check this tread:

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ion-93306.html
USMC Veterans (both of us)
Marine71-76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 12:50 PM   #3

Thank you!
Old 06-05-2023, 02:09 PM   #4

hi bluesman, i have once that issue with our water pump, making some sound like it's sucking air ,and i realise that before i have filled up the fresh water tank and forgot to return the valve knob to city water connection, and it was still on fill tank, so when we were using the water pump it suck air and making weird noise.

2018 jayco ht eagle 30.5 mlok
chevrolet Silverado 3500 gas dually wheel 2011
pc35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 08:40 AM   #5

Ok, I have accessed the pump and it sure seems to be working. When I hold my finger over the suction side it is making suction. It really acts like it's not getting water to it. And yes, the valves are in the correct position.
I did have it in for a hot water pressure issue...they replaced the check valve on the back of the water heater. I wonder if they hooked something back up incorrectly.
Old 06-06-2023, 08:58 AM   #6

You may already be aware of this but just FYI. If you have air before the pump, that air can cause the suction to be diminished and not pickup the tank's water supply if you haven't first opened at least one of your faucets (air pressure past the pump is the concern). I generally open the bathroom and kitchen sink faucets wide open, have a full tank of water, and turn on the pump and then I still have to wait about ~5 minutes of pump time before the water starts flowing. Once the air is out of the system and the water is flowing, then I close the faucets and usually don't have the issue again unless the fresh water tank runs empty. ~CA
Old 06-09-2023, 09:10 PM   #7

Thanks all. So it's all worked out now. Sure enough, my pump went bad. I got a new one and it came right up to pressure. I'll take the old one apart when I get home and if it can rebuilt I'll do so and have a spare.