Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-18-2014, 03:23 AM   #1

Water Pump Issue

The pump comes on when any tap is turned on eventhough the water supply maybe connected to city water or using water from the water tank. I just replaced the outside city water connection as the one way valve broke and I emptied my water tank in a rest area when I used the pump to get some water for lunch.

Where do I start to look for a problem?

Thanks
macleadv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 03:51 AM   #2

Sounds like your water pump is always receiving power (on). There should be a water pump switch somewhere that needs to be turned off when using city water.
dxrobertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 03:59 AM   #3

If the city connection water pressure is lower than the pump cut-off pressure (usually around 45 PSI) then it will run when a faucet is opened. However, when connected to city water the pump should be turned off. I have never seen an RV that had the pump hot-wired into to the system with no way to turn it off.

EDUCATION is what you get when you read the fine print.....
EXPERIENCE is what you get when you don't.
tnchuck100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 05:33 AM   #4

I mistakely indicated in my original post that the pump ran while on city water. The pump is not on, but actually, it is a noise that comes from the pump; like something spinning inside the pump. I am assuming it is caused by the pressure in the water lines.

It is Shurflo potable water pump and I am wondering if the problem is with the check valve,
Do I need to and can I replace: just the check valve, need a Switch, Check Valve and Upper Housing Kit. or replace the entire pump.

Thanks
macleadv is offline   Reply With Quote