Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-25-2017, 02:48 PM   #21

So to help eliminate the tank connection, hook up a hose and put it in a pail of water and fill the system. If it primes then you know you have an issue far deeper than you can go and it's warranty. If the same occurs it's forward of the pump and between the valve body and the pump. Beyond the valves if the city system works with no leaks, then that is not the issue.

Like the photo above shows the valve body is a rats nest. I am able to see mine from the permanent filter access panel on the side. You should look if you can unscrew a wall to access behind it before pulling all the valves in possible.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 07:36 AM   #22

The first time using the tanks in my '17 North Point and looks like I have the same issue.

I didn't see all the solutions posted for the people that previously had the issue. Just thought I'd check in case there were causes found that could narrow down where to start the search. If the factory was sloppy on a specific area then it could reduce my time in the tight space with the nicely organized plumbing.
Old 05-31-2017, 07:12 PM   #23

I have the same problem,2016

I have the same problem with my 2016 Jayco. what I had to do is put a shut off valve at the city intake, when using dry camping or pump from tank, it sucks water from filter. This filter is hooked up to city intake why, I don't know, but it works, I think the hose are not connected
right..QUOTE=glenn2387;514804]I have a new 2017 Jayco NorthPoint 5th wheel. It has been winterized properly.
The problem is when running on self contained (tank water) the pump is sucking air and will not pressurize the system.
Here's the facts and troubleshooting so far:
- System works fine (no leaks) on city water pressure
- The system will not pressure up on the water pump. The pump will run and sporadically pump water mixed with a high volume of air.
- It is not a pump problem. I have tried 3 pumps.
- When testing the output of the pump (into a pail of water) the output constantly gurgles a lot of air. Run time does not help the air is continuous.
- When I use a bucket of water for my water source (to suction end of pump) the system will pressurize in seconds and operate normally.
- Through all of this, there are no water leaks, not anywhere.
- Somewhere my system is getting air to the pump input side and not allowing it to pressurize.

I've had this brand new trailer almost 4 months and it's been out of commission or in the shop for one reason or another more than I've been able to use it.

If anyone has any ideas as to where I'm getting the air; it would be most appreciated! Jayco Support usually doesn't have a clue. Their reply is "take it to the dealer". My dealer (CW) is worse than awful. They are booked for 6 weeks and say they will probably need the RV for at least 2 weeks to diagnose and fix.

I'm thinking (hoping) it's possibly one of the "water selector" valves (near the city water input. They look and feel cheap, but are next to impossible to access / get to. The factory plumbing and wiring behind that panel is an absolute unprofessional MESS (thank you Jayco).

HELP!! Where is the air coming from?? THAT is what is causing this problem.

Thank you!![/QUOTE]
ronb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:04 PM   #24

During the off season I tested my system with air pressure. Turns out my leak is in the valve that selects the line that goes to the fresh water tank. There isn't enough back pressure on it when doing a city fill of the tank to have caught it before. It didn't leak on the pump since it was sucking. It's on the growing list for the warranty claims before my two-year warranty is up this summer.
Old 05-28-2018, 08:42 PM   #25

Glen,hope you're still around and found the problem and are willing to share! I have the same issue, did all the troubleshooting you've described and have determined that the pump is pulling air from one of the many connections. I filled the tank this weekend and noted that there was a leak. Pulled the cover off the utility panel and found 3 leaking connections on the valves. I couldn't stop the leak by tightening the connections so I'm assuming the o-rings need to be replaced. Really hoping this is my problem but am interested in what you found.

Duke
Duke Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 05:09 PM   #26

For the benefit of anyone following this thread, my problem turned out to be two threaded elbows that were cracked / split. You couldn't see the split with the naked eye but if spread the elbow slightly with the help of needle-nose pliers the split was evident. I wasted some time replacing the swivel seals (cone-shaped washers). It is worth mentioning that these seals are used at the swivel connection onto the threaded elbow but also there are two of these seals back to back on a plastic spacer between the threaded elbow and the valve. I suspect the previous owner didn't winterize the unit properly and the elbows split after freezing. There was evidence that someone tried to fix the leak by applying teflon tape to the threads on the elbow and either thought it was fixed or just gave up and put the cover back on...
Old 06-06-2018, 08:09 PM   #27

Air in the lines is definitely not a problem with any part or fitting on the pressure side of the pump. If there were any leaks there you would have a puddle. Your problem lies in the lines and fittings on the suction side of the pump. To eliminate the winterizing valve simply place the tube into a container of clean water and run the pump. If the pump pulls water up the tube the problem is in your three way winterize valve. If no water is pulled up that line your problem is with either the filter or the line leading to the tank. In either case you should see bubbles coming in those lines if they are transparent.
Old 06-06-2018, 08:22 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by us71na View Post
Air in the lines is definitely not a problem with any part or fitting on the pressure side of the pump. If there were any leaks there you would have a puddle. Your problem lies in the lines and fittings on the suction side of the pump. To eliminate the winterizing valve simply place the tube into a container of clean water and run the pump. If the pump pulls water up the tube the problem is in your three way winterize valve. If no water is pulled up that line your problem is with either the filter or the line leading to the tank. In either case you should see bubbles coming in those lines if they are transparent.
Thanks for the reply, I guess I should add some more details on the Nautilus Uni-Dock P1 system to help understand. There is a youtube video here https://youtu.be/NH4xfcXeccU not mine that might help. The system of 5 valves are configured such that you put them in a combination of positions to fill the fresh water tank and another combination to allow for the pump to draw from the tank. The leaks occurred when filling the tank (not drawing from it), when the valves are configured for "dry camping" some of the same routing is used to draw the water from the tank, this is when the air was being drawn into the system. Hope this helps...