Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-09-2020, 09:58 PM   #1

Water Transfer Pump

While boondocking, I will be on occasion, transferring water from a portable 40 gallon water bladder located in the back of my truck, to my 5th wheel trailer as needed. Can anyone suggest a decent 12v pump to do this with? Too many on the market. Looking for real world opinions and applications. Thanks
Whammon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 05:30 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whammon View Post
While boondocking, I will be on occasion, transferring water from a portable 40 gallon water bladder located in the back of my truck, to my 5th wheel trailer as needed. Can anyone suggest a decent 12v pump to do this with? Too many on the market. Looking for real world opinions and applications. Thanks
I'm not sure which 5'er you have, but mine has a "country fill" setting where you can hook a hose to your 40 gallon bladder and turn your onboard pump on. Fills your onboard tank. Jayco may have changed the name of that valve setting since mine was built, but that is the way mine works and don't need another pump.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 06:51 AM   #3

I bought a regular Shur-Flo pump and used it. That way I also had a spare if the original ever failed. I bought a female 7 pin and just used the trailer feed to run the pump which I mounted on a piece of plywood and added a switch.

As edatlanta said you may have Country Fill, but I still used the second pump just to speed up the process.
Old 10-10-2020, 08:47 AM   #4
CAG

What Grumpy said. On long hunts or camping trips I filled that way from a 35 gal. tote.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 09:02 AM   #5

Ed..I have 2018 Eagle HT RLDS. Never heard of this option you’ve talking about. Can you expand on that a bit? Not sure how to use it if available...maybe pics?
Old 10-10-2020, 09:04 AM   #6

Grumpy..isn’t a SureFlo pump much slower to pump the water? Do you have any pics?
Old 10-10-2020, 09:11 AM   #7

No, since I gave my bladder and pump to my nephew.

3.5 gpm
Old 10-10-2020, 09:14 AM   #8
CAG

Quote:
Grumpy..isn’t a SureFlo pump much slower to pump the water? Do you have any pics?

It pumps about as fast as any other.

Simply add a pickup hose, and as much length as you need from the outflow to the freshwater inlet on our RV. My 35 gal tote was in the back of the truck so about 8 feet. I added an electrical line with a switch in line, with clamps that allowed me to hook to either the RV battery or the truck battery.

Intake into the supply, outflow into the RV, hook up the electrical and flip the switch. Pretty simple. I used an RV pump that I kept onboard as a spare.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 12:21 PM   #9

Quote:
Ed..I have 2018 Eagle HT RLDS. Never heard of this option you’ve talking about. Can you expand on that a bit? Not sure how to use it if available...maybe pics?
My 2015 Eagle HT does not have a “country fill” option.

I modified my plumbing (added 1 valve) to allow the onboard pump to discharge to fresh water tank when using the winterize feed (clear hose on my unit).
Old 10-10-2020, 12:46 PM   #10

I'm camping right now and have been filling the fresh tank from 6 gallon water jugs. I Set the Nautalis water management system to Sanitize and turn on the trailer pump. The water feeds to the fresh tank with that setting but it takes about 5 minutes for 6 gallons. The sanitize setting is intended to add a bleach solution to the fresh tank. I'm looking for a faster pump also.

2020 North Point 315RLTS
Ram 3500/Aisin CC, SB, SRW, Superglide
Firestone Ride-Rite Air bags, TST507 TPMS
DrSmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 01:21 PM   #11

I have a 15 gallon water barrel on a hand truck with a Shur Flow pump on top. I rigged the outlet of the Shur Flow pump to connect to the fresh water inlet. I have a long power cord with a cigarette lighter male plug on the end and I added a cigarette lighter female plug in the basement. I use this set up all the time when boon docking and it works great.