Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-15-2024, 07:47 AM   #1

WE Boost antenna installation

I have a 2024 Jayco Eagle 370FB Fifth Wheel. I want to install an antenna on the ladder and run the wire in the back by the seating area. Anyone know where the best place to route this wire inside? The dealer wants $360.00 to do this and I think that is excessive.
Gdeabl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2024, 07:01 AM   #2

Maybe you'll want to disconnect the wire when you pack up the camper... and when you setup, push it through the rubber on your slide to reconnect the antenna.
Result = no holes.
PullRite #4452 OE Adapter & #2700 SuperGlide Hitch
Stan&Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2024, 08:29 AM   #3

OK.. Good idea.. I tried one time to poke a hole through the seal, and sealed it. but then had water run down on the cable and inside.. Thank you for your reply.
Old 06-16-2024, 08:42 AM   #4

There is also some possibility that you can open the cover used for the backup camera, using a very long drill, drill further into the cabinet over the rear window then insert the wire there and close up and seal the backup camera cover.
PullRite #4452 OE Adapter & #2700 SuperGlide Hitch
Stan&Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2024, 08:48 AM   #5

That would be an alternative instead of drilling into the rear wall. Thank you for that idea.. I'll look at it.
Old 06-16-2024, 08:58 AM   #6

We did the same thing and used the satellite coax connection and connected the inside unit to the jack behind the TV. Worked great.
2013 Ford F150 Lariat EcoBoost Max Tow
Blue Ox Sway Pro
datadr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2024, 09:39 AM   #7

So, you had to run the wire outside to the water control panel area and connect it there? Was the fitting on the antenna that same as the Sat connector at the panel? did you have to get an adapter?
Old 06-16-2024, 12:04 PM   #8

I had a Jayco Eagle trailer and on the back corner by the ladder was a 75 ohm coax connector for hooking up an external cable or sat. The antenna for the weboost has the same connection. I wasn't in the wet bay but even so, same deal. Run it down through the connection grommet for the hose.
datadr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2024, 12:12 PM   #9

ok.. Thank you.. I'll look for that...
Old 06-16-2024, 02:14 PM   #10
Site Team

They started putting the cable and Satellite coax in the utility closet on the newer rigs if you have the extra coax.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2024, 02:16 PM   #11

Yes.. I have an input connector in the left storage compartment in the water control panel. I could just run a cable form the ladder mounted antenna to this connector.
I just might run the coax under the slide and into the seating area and remove it when I leave..
Thank you for the reply..
Old 06-26-2024, 03:25 PM   #12
TJW

We use a Weboost Reach RV cell booster system on our 34G MH, antenna mounted on the rear ladder, amplifier mounted in the outside TV cabinet, wires run under the pass. side slide using adhesive cable clips to inside antenna. Few suggestions: You will need your cell phone to be ideally with a few feet of the location of the inside antenna. Read up on the recommended distance between your cellphone and the inside antenna. We gave up on moving the interior antenna around the rig, wire hanging over the dining table, trip hazard along the floor and settled on using double stick tape and fixed the inside antenna sitting inches away from the cell hotspot and if need to get more boost to a handheld cellphone, we sit on the jack-knife sofa about 1 ft away from the anrenna. It does help to be super close to the inside antenna with the signal to the hotspot. #2 DON'T ask for details but IF you want to drill a tiny hole to route the wire more neatly to the inside.... just be aware that water & loose electrical lines run seemingly everywhere you cannot see them, enough said. Next, the weboost antenna is spring mounted which is great but... do not allow the upper part of the antenna to hit the rails of the ladder. Had my son driving behind the rig once during a windy drive and he said the antenna mast was swaying very close to the ladder rail during tail sway & wind gusts. Next, know that the amplifier needs power so plan carefully for how you are going to get power going. Lastly, depending on the model you get, there is a minimum required distance between the inside antenna and the outside and amplifier. Read up on this before you install. Weboot has a good website that offers this information and the distances between the components were critical to maimtain and further than I expected. Good luck, fun project.
7.3 L V8 (Godzilla), Toad: 2016 Jeep Willys, Magnum Pathfinder ebikes, Roadmaster 077-10 Dual hitch receiver, 2in & 10in. offsets, RV Rider Hitch bike rack, Blue Ox - Accent towbar, Saf-T-Plus steering stablizer, Koni FSD shocks (4), SuperSpring Sumosprings, SuperSteer Rear trac bar, SuperSteer front radius rods, TireMinder i10 RV, Garmin RV 785, Magna shades, Traeger Ranger
TJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2024, 04:54 PM   #13

Our weboost application is a little different than what you are using, however, some feedback in case it gives you some ideas. We have the antenna mounted on a pole near front of the RV and had to run the coax to the back of the RV.

Initial approach
1) We have a slide out at the rear of the RV and used a flat coax cable to run through the slide out to easily connect the outside coax to the inside coax run. I did not like having to run this cable every time we setup and wanted to use the weboost so I changed to below approach.

Current approach
2) We installed a coax plate to the outside of the RV. This was a pretty easy install. It does require one to drill through the RV. Be sure to get a structural drawing of your RV to be sure you are not hitting of concern. coax plate: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082FYL7JX

Hope this helps!

2019 Chevy Tahoe
2019 Jay Feather X213
Scott_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2024, 06:44 PM   #14

use the existing wires

On my Jayco there are two antenna inputs already installed. One is on the utility side - water, sewer, electric... The other is on the roof for the folding tv antenna (now gone). Both terminate where my 2014 sound system used to be. in the back of an overhead cabinet. Use the wires already installed and get a coax splitter if needed.
Depending on connections and cables supplied, and your booster (mine uses size N coax) you may need to purchase some adapters. These are easily available.
Just determine if you cables already fit together then order adapters if required.
No need for additional holes in your rig. Hope this helps
JimLaJoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2024, 05:19 AM   #15

We ran the cable down the ladder,under the belly then up through slide.Prevents rain.
Dunegoon is offline   Reply With Quote