Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-27-2018, 07:03 PM   #1

WeBoost 4g-x

Anyone install one of these in a 377rlbh?

Looking to get one of these and was curious if anyone has installed one in a 377. Curious to see where the inside receiver and antenna would go. Was thinking maybe it would be possible to use the hole for the roof mounted radio antenna that goes to the mid-bunk room radio. This way I have power for the receiver that goes in the inside and it would be far enough away from the roof mounted antenna.
MadJoker TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 07:11 PM   #2

I have been thinking of buying one for my 291rlts. Wondering if they really work.
Old 05-27-2018, 07:18 PM   #3

I can tell you what we did on our 325bhqs. I attached the weboost trucker antenna to the ladder on the back and then ran the coax down the ladder (zip tied), underneath and up under the kitchen slide out. I keep the weboost module behind the tv in the living room and place our AT&T Mobley on top of the weboost pad. I also have a wireless repeater to amplify the Wifi signal within the 5th wheel. It’s worked great so far for us!
sean.harp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 07:19 PM   #4
PMC

We just installed a connect rv 65 by weboost and this weekend are camping in Verizon dead zone. We went from no service to 2 bars of LTE. Their stuff works well.
PMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 08:20 PM   #5

I have one, plan to mock it up this weekend at a weak signal area. Haven't had the time to install it yet. Still new in the box. They just released a better booster for RV's and unfortunately I was past my 30 day return so I couldn't return it for the better model.

We have a weboost at work that works great.

Earl
Line-X premium
Mopar wheel to wheel steps
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 10:20 AM   #6

wan-der-lust's YouTube Channel and Instagram

wanderlust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 02:26 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean.harp View Post
I can tell you what we did on our 325bhqs. I attached the weboost trucker antenna to the ladder on the back and then ran the coax down the ladder (zip tied), underneath and up under the kitchen slide out. I keep the weboost module behind the tv in the living room and place our AT&T Mobley on top of the weboost pad. I also have a wireless repeater to amplify the Wifi signal within the 5th wheel. It’s worked great so far for us!
Sean,

I want to run some cable that way in my 325... how did you get it inside the slide? Any tips?
Chiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 02:30 PM   #8

I couldn’t find a good alternative way to run it, so I just fed it through the gasket underneath the kitchen slideout, right underneath the side where the TV is and the door to the bunk house is. I tuck the “slack” back behind the tv and just pull it out when I go to close the slide. I can send pictures if you need me to.

Because I’ve zip tied it under the 5th and it feeds under the slide out, there’s little risk of a water leak through the slide. I did have to adapt the micro coax to actual coax (rg6) because the antenna coax wasn’t long enough to reach. Might be affecting my signal strength a little bit but it still seems to work great.
sean.harp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 09:48 AM   #9

I have installed the RV version of Weboosts new version of 4G-X. It is called "Drive Reach". It works better than the old Drive 4G-X I still have on my other RV. Here's the one I got:
https://www.signalbooster.com/collections/for-rv
IsabelleThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 09:56 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsabelleThomas View Post
I have installed the RV version of Weboosts new version of 4G-X. It is called "Drive Reach". It works better than the old Drive 4G-X I still have on my other RV. Here's the one I got:
https://www.signalbooster.com/collections/for-rv
All the reviews I've seen and read say the same thing. I'm curious if the reach would do better than the connect 65. I want to upgrade but not sure which one would perform better. The reach or the connect 65. Our 4g-x has been good to us. Just need something a little more powerful.

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 09:38 PM   #11

I bought a weboost but have no outside ladder...any solutions or....how do I install a ladder?
Toyota Tacoma w/ 4wd and tow pkg
195rb
wife and Gracie the wonder dog
larryrebos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 05:42 AM   #12

We have the weboost Home Room. I installed the antenna on my flag pole buddy (which is attached to the rear ladder ) and run it up/point it that way. I run the coax thru the the bottom of the kitchen slide at the bottom rear and place the indoor antenna on the small shelf next to the rear sofa.

Nothing fancy but easy to put up and take down.
2018 North Point 377RLBH, Roadmaster Comfort Ride, Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension, Flexair 21k Pinbox, Victron MultiPlus II 2x120v 12v, power distribution, solar controller, smart shunt, 1000w of solar panels, 4 Lifepo4 200ah batteries
2017 Ford F350 Lariat CC DRW LB 6.7, Air Lift 7500XL with Air Lift dual channel wireless
bill3kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 06:05 AM   #13

I installed mine on a telescoping pole. I bought some suction cups used to lift large glass panels or similar items. Attach suction cups to RV and pole to suction cups. Can be moved around for best signal or where it is convenient.
2016 Ford Focus set up to flat tow
Pfflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 08:49 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_Earl View Post
All the reviews I've seen and read say the same thing. I'm curious if the reach would do better than the connect 65. I want to upgrade but not sure which one would perform better. The reach or the connect 65. Our 4g-x has been good to us. Just need something a little more powerful.

Earl

I am in the process of installing the reach on my 377 but I am using the interior antenna from the connect 65 and the shorter RV specific OTR external antenna. My external antenna is mounted in the roof on a marine mount so I can flip it up or lower it when not in use. The reach is supposed to be the new “flagship” booster. Unfortunately I don’t have anything else to compare performance to.

Tow Rig: 2015 Ford F-450 Platinum, airbags, B&W Companion hitch for factory puck system.
prm99v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 08:50 AM   #15

Sounds like we all have similar solutions.
I attached the antenna to a telescoping window washing pole. Then I used 2 command strip broom holder attached outside. Once I’m in camp I extend the pole and snap it into the broom holders. Easy to snap back out again and store for the next trip.

The key is to get the outside antenna as far as possible from the inside antenna. The weboost will detect how strong the signals are between the antennas and reduce the output from the inside antenna so it does not interfere with outside signal.
Old 05-06-2020, 08:50 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryrebos View Post
I bought a weboost but have no outside ladder...any solutions or....how do I install a ladder?
Toyota Tacoma w/ 4wd and tow pkg
195rb
wife and Gracie the wonder dog

I mounted mine on the roof and ran the wires through the roof. Used a marine VHF antenna mount so it pivots up or down. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0285.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	116.5 KB
ID:	58448

Tow Rig: 2015 Ford F-450 Platinum, airbags, B&W Companion hitch for factory puck system.
Old 05-06-2020, 11:46 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by prm99v6 View Post
I mounted mine on the roof and ran the wires through the roof. Used a marine VHF antenna mount so it pivots up or down. Attachment 58448
Thanks...had basically the same idea,especially the pivot. Was trying not to screw to roof so may caulk an L angle bracket to attach supplied bracket to
larryrebos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 11:59 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryrebos View Post
Thanks...had basically the same idea,especially the pivot. Was trying not to screw to roof so may caulk an L angle bracket to attach supplied bracket to

Just mounted the antenna today. I was waiting for an extension for the VHF mount so I had something to clamp the antenna mount to. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0319.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	150.6 KB
ID:	58460