Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-13-2019, 02:59 PM   #21

GVWR - Truck weight plus cargo weight 10,000 pounds
GCVWR- Truck, cargo plus your trailer, I would guess around 25,000 pounds for your truck.
Weigh your truck to find out your cargo amount
Look up your tow rating and your GCVWR
Hope this helps
mrulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 03:37 PM   #22

Similar setup

I have a 2017 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins and hauled an Eagle 27.6 RKDS over the Rockies last year. Left home in Ottawa travelled across Canada and into BC. In Alberta my son and DIL hopped in which put us about 200 pounds over our payload and well within axle ratings. We had no issues at all. Problem with the payload calculations is that 10000 pounds is the GVWR of all 3/4 ton trucks.

We had no issues on hills either ascending or descending. Love the exhaust brake BTW. Burned the most fuel in the prairies due to the constant wind which caused no sway at all. Anyway we are heading back next summer!!!
docdvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 06:29 PM   #23

What Shall36 said. Divide your GVWR by the sum of your axle ratings and you will most like see the ratio of 3/4 ton trucks is significantly lower than 1/2 ton and 1 ton trucks. The big 3 are always looking for bragging rights "best in class payload or towing" yet all 3/4 ton trucks seem to have the same GVWR rating of 10,000 lb, Ask yourself why, and I think it's what Shall36 said, so it's a Class II truck.
masolbergrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 06:34 PM   #24

carlismr

I have the 38’ 317RLOK and I added a SuperSpring and I feel it has help. I added because of slight squat . It pulls I feel better.
Happy Tails
carlismr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 03:51 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxLoser View Post
So, lets follow the logic I see here so often. My wife fell in love with another Jayco FW. I'd be over GVWR with my fairly new 2500 diesel. With my HT FW loaded I'm right at 10K, and occasionally a hair over. With the wife's new love I'd easily be 700 over. Probably(Definitely) more, but let's call it 700 for this.

A couple days ago I rented a ragged out 250 gasser at the big orange store because I was too lazy to pull my FW hitch to haul some stuff home. Yellow sticker read 3000lbs. 700 over my own truck's payload. Following the logic in these threads, it would be safer to haul that shiny new fiver through the mountains with the ragged out rental gasser because that extra 700lbs of payload may keep it at 10K lbs or less. I really doubt that. Not that the gasser would be a danger. Just that it wouldn't be safer due to payload.
Safer? No. More "legal"? Yes. Does it make sense? Not necessarily.

Dave

2018 Ford F350 6.7 SRW
2018 Jayco North Point 315RLTS
dkegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 12:03 AM   #26

Has anyone been given a "We have assigned someone to your warranty repairs details / concerns " from Jayco? How long does it usually take to get a reply back? I dropped my 2018 Eagle 317RLOK on April 30th. My appointment given to me at Lone Star RV -Houston, Tx. South location at 45 Gulf Freeway. Still not fixed.... Lie after lies. This is the second trip to these folks for Warranty repairs. 6 Weeks the first time(Gray water pipe fitting leak. This trip 10 + items for repair. Most were simple. Ended having roof replaced. Thats complete but other things ,parts were just ordered just ordered on 8/15/19..Really..Lost the hold summer, grand kids are back at school...Its looking like this was not a good investment..
carlismr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cummins, gvwr, jayco, ram 2500, weight