Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-19-2020, 01:54 PM   #1

wet bolt installation

Hi all, after reading all the threads recommending installing Mor Ryde wet bolt kits I have decided to do it to my 2018 Jayco 317rlok with 2 6000lb Lippart axels. When researching which ones to get I wasn't sure. Can anyone tell me what kit I need to get. By the way we have had this unit for about 2 1/2 years and about 10,000 miles of travel and we love it. Any issues we had were taken care by North Trail RV and Jayco with out question.
camjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 03:38 PM   #2

Here is what we bought... Bil and I both did the kits. Lippert axles 6000lb with morryde equalizer. Bought off ebay in 2018. No regrets what so ever. If you go to morryde website dig down to suspension and find heavy duty shackle kit download the brochure It lists the part numbers for tandem, triple and if you have a different size spring hanger.
I put the fittings facing inward

RoadrunnerII

MOR/ryde UO12-016 SRE/ 4000 Leaf Spring Shackle

Leaf Spring Shackle Upgrade Kit

TV 2016 F250 Crew Sterling Gray SB 6.7 PS airlift ultimate Air bags
2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
RoadrunnerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 05:47 PM   #3

Thanks
Old 04-20-2020, 09:09 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadrunnerII View Post
Here is what we bought... Bil and I both did the kits. Lippert axles 6000lb with morryde equalizer. Bought off ebay in 2018. No regrets what so ever. If you go to morryde website dig down to suspension and find heavy duty shackle kit download the brochure It lists the part numbers for tandem, triple and if you have a different size spring hanger.
I put the fittings facing inward

RoadrunnerII

MOR/ryde UO12-016 SRE/ 4000 Leaf Spring Shackle

Leaf Spring Shackle Upgrade Kit
You listed the U012-16 SRE /4000 Leaf spring shackle. My shackles on my 5th wheel is a Mor/ryde 3000 are they interchangeable or did yours have 4000 installed?
Old 04-20-2020, 01:19 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by camjam View Post
You listed the U012-16 SRE /4000 Leaf spring shackle. My shackles on my 5th wheel is a Mor/ryde 3000 are they interchangeable or did yours have 4000 installed?
You can also just call MorRyde and they will give you part number you need and even tell you where to get the best price.

2016 Pinnacle 36 KPTS
2016 F350 Lariat CC LB dually 6.7
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 03:30 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasum View Post
You can also just call MorRyde and they will give you part number you need and even tell you where to get the best price.
Thanks, when I googled them with my phone I couldn't find a phone number but I have one now. Thanks for your help.
Old 04-20-2020, 04:20 PM   #7

Just 1 recommendation make sure you take all the weight off the trailer on both sides before you start working, it will make lining up the holes much easier. I recently did this over 2 weekends, the first I did not have enough wood blocks (because my jack stands were too short even thought they had enough rating) to lift both sides and it was very difficult to line up the holes for the bolts. The second weekend I had more blocks and I had a much easier time.
2003 Ford F250 6.0 Diesel (Sold)
Reese Steadi-Flex (Sold)
DH, SWMBO, DS, & Dog
jpgale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 05:34 PM   #8

Quote:
Same kit for both

RoadrunnerII

TV 2016 F250 Crew Sterling Gray SB 6.7 PS airlift ultimate Air bags
2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
RoadrunnerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 11:38 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpgale View Post
Just 1 recommendation make sure you take all the weight off the trailer on both sides before you start working, it will make lining up the holes much easier. I recently did this over 2 weekends, the first I did not have enough wood blocks (because my jack stands were too short even thought they had enough rating) to lift both sides and it was very difficult to line up the holes for the bolts. The second weekend I had more blocks and I had a much easier time.
Thanks for the recommendation. After I first got the 5th wheel I lifted it up to the bottom hole to pick up an inch or two so it would ride closer to level and jacking it up by the frame was no easy task. wish I knew of changing to wet bolts then.
Old 04-23-2020, 07:13 PM   #10

Quote:
Hi all, after reading all the threads recommending installing Mor Ryde wet bolt kits I have decided to do it to my 2018 Jayco 317rlok with 2 6000lb Lippart axels. When researching which ones to get I wasn't sure. Can anyone tell me what kit I need to get. By the way we have had this unit for about 2 1/2 years and about 10,000 miles of travel and we love it. Any issues we had were taken care by North Trail RV and Jayco with out question.

I just did a wetbolt/shackle upgrade. I sent an email into MorRyde customer support. Jennifer Gregory <Jennifer.Gregory@morryde.com> She was very helpful and very quick getting back to me.
pitman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 09:15 PM   #11

Quote:
Thanks for the recommendation. After I first got the 5th wheel I lifted it up to the bottom hole to pick up an inch or two so it would ride closer to level and jacking it up by the frame was no easy task. wish I knew of changing to wet bolts then.

I raised the camper using the landing gear. Lowered it as far as I could and put 8" cement blocks on edge under the frame on both sides behind the rear spring. Filled whatever gap was left with lumber. Then raised the LG as far as I could and did the same in front of the front springs. Rinse and repeat. The last time we put 4" and 2" solid blocks on top of the 8" blocks. Got it up enough to pull all the wheels off.

BTW, is there any way to insert an image that's on your computer?
Old 04-23-2020, 10:06 PM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitman44 View Post

BTW, is there any way to insert an image that's on your computer?
Here's how to insert a picture from your computer, and some more tips.

How to add photos to a post:
Click "reply" and scroll down to bottom of text box.
Click "go advanced" add text to message window and then scroll down.
Click "Manage attachments" A separate window will pop up.
Click "browse" Then select the file to be uploaded. Be sure that the photo is appropriately sized. No more than 400K is recommended. Forums software will automatically reduce the size, but smaller size photos will upload much faster. Images larger that 2 MB will not upload. You may select several photos to upload at the same time by repeating the last step.
Click "Upload" After pics have loaded close the pop-up window
Click "submit reply" to mount the text of your message - photos will automatically appear at the bottom of your post.

About attachment storage limits

When you upload a copy of an image file (or other attachment) it is stored on our servers. We highly recommend that you reduce file sizes before uploading them to posts and threads.

How to embed an image stored on another site:
You can do this by using image tags. Upload the image to a service like imageshack and then copy the URL of the image and put that between [IMG] tags. That will work well, as long as the host site stays in business and doesn't disable your image for overuse of bandwidth etc.

You can also paste in the location of a photo stored here in a photo Album.

To do this: Paste the url of the image into your post. Then add the following code on either side of the url (with no extra spaces):

[IMG]url here[/IMG]

The image will appear where the url was in your text.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 08:24 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitman44 View Post
I just did a wetbolt/shackle upgrade. I sent an email into MorRyde customer support. Jennifer Gregory <Jennifer.Gregory@morryde.com> She was very helpful and very quick getting back to me.

She was great to deal with! She sent me a new wet bolt and nut because the zerk nipple broke off free of charge. I've since replaced the broken zerk nipple and now I have a spare.
Old 04-24-2020, 10:05 PM   #14

Before I installed the wet bolt kit I noticed a lot of complaints about the cheap nuts MorRyde was supplying with the kits. At the time I figured what the heck I can buy better lock nuts if needed. During the course of installing the wet bolts I think I figured out what was happening.

The bolts are serrated about the first 1/4" beneath the head. The bolts are pressed into the shackles when you get the kit, but you have to suck them in on the hangers. And they don't really want to suck in. Plus the hangers flex a bit causing the nut to get on the shoulder and the serrated end is only sucked in about half way. I think this is how people were stripping them trying to engage that serration fully. I got a hard washer a little bigger than the bolt. It was either 1/2" or 9/16" so it would easily go over the threads. I also got a grade 8 nut. The last thing was a large washer. 5/8" or so. I cut a fat slot in it so I could stick it between the hanger and the spring end or equalizer. We used a 1/2" cordless impact wrench and the bolts sucked in perfectly. Take the grade 8 nut and washer off, put the MorRyde locknut on and torque it down.

The first bolt took over an hour to get installed. The next one was about 5 minutes. I hope this saves someone some time and aggravation.
Attached Thumbnails
Washer.jpeg