Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-11-2017, 09:28 PM   #1

What do y'all think caused this??

My camper is one year old. My wife noticed this on the back wall when we had pulled the camper to a vacation spot and the sun was shining in behind the blind onto the wall. I showed the picture to service guy and he said, "that's water damage". I said that it is sharp pointy stuff poking out on the wall paper. He said water got in the styrofoam and it pushed out on the wall board. I don't understand this. Does styrofoam swell up and do this? I actually check my roof often and apply sealant when I see issues. I was actually buying sealant for the opposite rear top corner cause I noticed where it is starting to separate. The corner above this issue looked good. Today, I peeled both corners up and then cleaned with adhesive cleaner and then applied non sagging sealant to both corners down to the rain gutters. What do y'all think? One of my neighbors said h has that in his camper and hasn't thought anything bout it. I'm very upset. If it is that hard to spot issues when I am actually conscience of the responsibility and then still miss it, then I need another way to spend my money eh??
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0950.jpg   IMG_0953.jpg   IMG_0927.jpg  

2017 Jayco North Point 377 RLBH
2016 Ford F350 Platinum White DRW
NitroStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 03:55 AM   #2

I believe that is caused by moisture. I just noticed the same thing below the large window on my 2004. It looks like condensation ran down the wall during the winter. Yours looks way worse though.
2015 RAM 3500 CTD
steveb285rks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 05:54 AM   #3

My last unit a 2013 Jayco 351RLTS had the same exact issue. One thing that I found is that the leak that caused this issue isn't necessarily right above the damage. It could be off the side or to the front. The water can leak in and run down a beam and finds its way in. I had three rear walls replaced under warranty for this issue. The only way I fixed it was when wall #4 started to show these signs (again) was to trade it for a Non Jayco product. Good luck
bad99ram is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wallboard, water damage