Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-01-2021, 11:58 AM   #21

Have a 2020 38FLWS and love it. Enjoy your new rig
crmillsjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 12:19 PM   #22

Might want to check your states licensing requirements to pull your fifth wheel.
In California, any fifth wheel with a GVWR over 15000 lbs. requires a non-commercial class A
VERY, VERY, Similar to a commercial class A test only don't need the physical only a health questionnaire.
Emphasis on Backing, Straight line, offset and parallel parking, my down fall was the alley dock. Back you rig 90 degrees into a space 12' wide 40' foot deep without crossing the boundry lines with out ANY HELP.
Took me 3 tries at the test to pass. first time I didn't know what to expect, second time just failed, third time passed but had A LOT of training from some truck driver friends etc. and LOTS of practice. It still took me 3 tries to pass.
EVERY state has some requirement either weight related or specific instances etc.
Do NOT rely on the dealership to tell you about this, Our dealer, Richardsons, told us that they didn't know about this ( yea right)
PLEASE check with your state dept of motor vehicles or what ever, but get informed. I was worried about the citation, but in Cali they impound both truck and trailer and checked with my insurance broker and they told me that without the proper license they wouldn't cover any accident.
Now I know some of you will BS but check for yourself.
Rick Finke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 12:58 PM   #23

We are waiting on our Eagle 319MLOK. We’re told maybe July or August. Most likely will be a 2022. We shall see. Waiting to sell our 2012 Jayflught 26rls until we know. One last trip in June.

Happy waiting!
H20mike6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 05:10 PM   #24

I ordered a 36fbts in mid jan, with all the bells and whistles inc exterior paint. Just got it this week.
BigDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 05:41 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SUPER1 View Post
We are waiting as well, ordered in Nov. told Mar. or Apr. then pushed back to May or June.
which model did you order.
ours is a 36KPTS

GOOD LUCK
We just looked at one on the lot in Manteca. Great rig.
H20mike6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 08:19 PM   #26

Thumbs up

We Love our 2020 36FBTS. Got a few minor things to get fixed. We love the floor plan. Hope you guys love yours too.
Textman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 07:30 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDreamer View Post
I ordered a 36fbts in mid jan, with all the bells and whistles inc exterior paint. Just got it this week.
Big Dreamer - congradulations on your new arrival. Tell me any pros and cons after a few days for me to look out for. Ours is coming the end of this month (fingers crossed) and we have lots of extras

We love the front bath and half bath floor plan. We had the same layout in a Big Horn we just sold. My wife is always in the bathroom for some reason when I need to go so the 1/2 bath is gold.
GeorgiaTrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 01:48 PM   #28

"Turd Tunnel" Equipped?

Quote:
Have another question for you. I just looked on You Tube at a 36FBTS featured at Haylet RV by Josh the RV Nerd ( just love him ). It has the Steel color and pretty much everything we ordered except for Solar package. I did not see an under frame storage tube for the "turd tunnel". Did yours come with one? Is this a dealer install?
Old 05-04-2021, 07:42 AM   #29

Hi everyone.

Mike and Mary Ann from Delaware. We have a 32RLTS on order with an "off the line" date of 5/21. Our dealer is from Pa, just North of Philly. 1SPORT1, was wondering if you are using the same dealer. We drove up there for an open house in early April. Hoped to get some FaceTime with a Jayco rep only to find that Jayco wasn't letting their reps travel. Salesman I had dealt with over the phone didn't even remember me. Not a good feeling when you dropped a healthy deposit with the dealership. My mistake for not verifying Jayco reps would be on site. Only followed the information in their email blast.

As with many of you, we ordered versus taking a stock unit (if you can find one). I'm getting very nervous about all the shortages in the industry. I, also, follow Josh, the RV Nerd and he had posted about a month ago about a fiberglass shortage. He went on to say that Jayco may not be putting the back cap on the Pinnacles. Leaving it like a North Point with the finished panel that matches the sides. I'm hoping this resolves itself.

Hoping for the best for all of us with units on order. A crazy time to make any major purchase. I've got a seasonal campground site waiting for us. Hope I have something to put on it soon.

Take care everyone.

MC
coopermj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 09:41 AM   #30

My dealer is Rhone's RV. The best service and price. The nicest people I have ever had the pleasure to deal with, this is my second purchase from them.
1SUPER1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 09:52 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTrains View Post
Have another question for you. I just looked on You Tube at a 36FBTS featured at Haylet RV by Josh the RV Nerd ( just love him ). It has the Steel color and pretty much everything we ordered except for Solar package. I did not see an under frame storage tube for the "turd tunnel". Did yours come with one? Is this a dealer install?
That is my unit. Ordered a Sanicon as an option. also the rear hitch. no pooper tube on unit. you could hang one off the acc hitch though, plenty of room.
BigDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 01:10 PM   #32

CooperMJ, I had the same concerns about whether Jayco had gotten my order and if correct. I went to the Jayco online site and clicked "contact us". A form came up that I filled out with my contact info including phone and email address. I just asked for any info on my order and got an email from their "Corporate Brand Ambassador" John MacDonald with info. That's when I found out it was "tentatively" scheduled for build on the week of May 17th. Give that a try. John was very helpful.
2018 RAM 1500 Express Air Lift 1000HD
OTR AGIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 07:07 AM   #33

Quote:
That is my unit. Ordered a Sanicon as an option. also the rear hitch. no pooper tube on unit. you could hang one off the acc hitch though, plenty of room.
That is so cool - I'll bet we have watched that video about 6 times. I ordered the Sanicon - don't know if I will use it, but we'll see. I guess ya'll are planning on some Boondocking with the Solar Panels - we are "sissies" - don't care for boondocking but, have fun.

Can't wait to get it-
Old 05-05-2021, 12:41 PM   #34

Well folks I just got an e-mail from my salesman at Vogt. My Pinnacle is scheduled off the line the week of May 24 then it has to go to custom paint which adds another 4 weeks, then transportation to Ft Worth - dealer prep, washer dryer install, and Winegard Dish. Considering Memorial Day holiday and 4th of July I am thinking early July maybe. I do think that is realistic.

It's very disappointing and frustrating but, it's the times we live in now and no one can do much about it but grin and bear it. I am sure in the end it will be worth the wait.

So we wait a little longer.
Old 05-05-2021, 04:21 PM   #35

At least your dealer is involved. I have had to request info from Jayco, haven't heard from my dealer since I ordered the trailer.
2018 RAM 1500 Express Air Lift 1000HD
OTR AGIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 07:25 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDTC View Post
Marine, can you post pictures of your upgraded slide supports.

Thanks
I don't have a picture of them actually installed but here is what they look like before installation. We took the unit out for several days and it sure seems a lot sturdier. There seems to be a slightly bigger gap between the floor and the slide. Next time we go down, will try to get a decent picture of both the slide gap & the installed outriggers.
Attached Thumbnails
Outriggers.jpg  
USMC Veterans (both of us)
Marine71-76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 07:06 AM   #37

Happy Day - just got my VIN #

Yesterday I received my VIN # for my new Pinnacle - that has to be a good sign. It is supposed to roll off next week and then go to custom paint - hopefully on our way to VOGT RV in Ft Worth right after July 4th I figure - can't wait
Old 05-20-2021, 07:45 PM   #38

It is getting close. Will be here before you know it.

Plan your PDI. Study a check list prior to PDI. You want to get through all the systems and check electrical/mechanical systems were possible. Bring a flash light.

I have a 32RLTS Pinnacle. During PDI found wiring problems on the bedroom and kitchen slide. Wire problems in 4 locations. Wires pinching at the bottom in 2 locations. Wires getting caught in the slide in 2 locations. To find the problem. Fully extended slides and checked wire connections at the bottom. Then, retracted slide about a foot. From the inside. Looked back toward the slide and spotted the wires getting caught in the slide. All 4 issues would have resulted in slide failures.

I have not had any slide problems since repairs were completed. I have probably actuated the slides 30 times since delivery.

The Pinnacle is a great unit. Enjoy
RDTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 01:46 AM   #39

Congrats to all that are patiently waiting on your RV.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 10:26 AM   #40

Pdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDTC View Post
It is getting close. Will be here before you know it.

Plan your PDI. Study a check list prior to PDI. You want to get through all the systems and check electrical/mechanical systems were possible. Bring a flash light.

I have a 32RLTS Pinnacle. During PDI found wiring problems on the bedroom and kitchen slide. Wire problems in 4 locations. Wires pinching at the bottom in 2 locations. Wires getting caught in the slide in 2 locations. To find the problem. Fully extended slides and checked wire connections at the bottom. Then, retracted slide about a foot. From the inside. Looked back toward the slide and spotted the wires getting caught in the slide. All 4 issues would have resulted in slide failures.

I have not had any slide problems since repairs were completed. I have probably actuated the slides 30 times since delivery.

The Pinnacle is a great unit. Enjoy
Already have my PDI checklist, flashlight, and magnifying glass ready. This is my second factory ordered RV.

The last one we bought we camped about a mile from the RV dealer for a couple days and I found no problems. Two weeks later I discovered the water line to the ice maker had a pin hole leak in the water line and it had soaked the floor under the stove - took it to my local repair guy and it was all covered under warranty. Also had three Domitec A/C's go out kind of glad Pinnacle has gone away from them.

Thakns for the heads up