Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-24-2021, 09:51 AM   #1

What to do while waiting on my New Pinnacle

I am a New Jayco Pinnacle owner, let me rephrase that I will be a New Pinnacle owner when it arrives at the dealer and I receive it.

We ordered a new unit Feb 5th and the Dealer says with the best of their knowledge we are looking at early June - not definite yet.

So while we are waiting:

Very patiently (ha ha)

Sell our present RV - done that and got considerably more than the trade offer ( did I sell it too cheap? )

Read e-mails from friends that are camping and we are not (sucks)

Download and read the owners manual - was going to print it out but, it is 205 pages long - will read from the computer in my spare time (haven't started)

Purchase and stockpile new items for the new RV - fun

Start booking campsites for 2022 - this can be time consuming and in some cases very stressful - is it for you?

We had to cancel our Spring run but, are booked for the Fall starting in August - hope we have an RV by then.

Watch every available video on You Tube covering our Pinnacle model to learn all we can.

Watch every video on RV Parks and places we are going or might be going.

Watch every video on RV's in general - the best is the RV Nerd at Haylet RV - he seems to keep up on industry news

Watch all the videos on RV Blogs - Changing Lanes is our favorite and also the full time couple that damaged their RV and are having to cope with living arrangements.

** You Tube Note - we can escape all of the Political c___ that you see and you don't have long drawn out commercials - some you can skip

My wife came up with an idea while we are waiting - she accidently tore the miniscus in both of her knees so she has surgery in a week and she will be in thearpy for 6 - 8 weeks - great way to pass the time

So here we are waiting on our RV - what do you do to pass the time?
GeorgiaTrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 03:39 PM   #2

We are waiting as well, ordered in Nov. told Mar. or Apr. then pushed back to May or June.
which model did you order.
ours is a 36KPTS

GOOD LUCK
1SUPER1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 03:47 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTrains View Post
My wife came up with an idea while we are waiting - she accidently tore the miniscus in both of her knees so she has surgery in a week and she will be in thearpy for 6 - 8 weeks - great way to pass the time

So here we are waiting on our RV - what do you do to pass the time?
All of your above. But best wishes for your wife during her recovery.
USMC Veterans (both of us)
Marine71-76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 06:06 PM   #4

Thanks for your best wishes for my wife. We have a 36FBTS on order - I hope ya’ll have had good luck with yours.

I saw the Semper Fi - I am a Viet Nam Veteran - in country from Oct 67 - Dec 68 - got to expierence Tet - I was an Army helicopter mechanic -
Old 04-24-2021, 06:08 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SUPER1 View Post
We are waiting as well, ordered in Nov. told Mar. or Apr. then pushed back to May or June.
which model did you order.
ours is a 36KPTS

GOOD LUCK
We have a 36FBTS on order - had a similar Big Horn 3875FB we sold when we ordered this one - it’s tough being RV homeless
Old 04-24-2021, 06:15 PM   #6

Quote:
Thanks for your best wishes for my wife. We have a 36FBTS on order - I hope ya’ll have had good luck with yours.

I saw the Semper Fi - I am a Viet Nam Veteran - in country from Oct 67 - Dec 68 - got to expierence Tet - I was an Army helicopter mechanic -
Wife spent most of her time @PI. I was on my way to Nam but they needed my MOS so I ended up staying on Okinawa. DW worked at Vet Center in the early 90's and had to type up stressor letters for a few of the guys who had experience with Tet. She would come home in tears. Thank you for your service.

We have the 36FBTS and absolutely love it. BUT a word of caution, on the fridge slide there are outriggers underneath...keep an eye on them. We just had to have ours replaced (out of our pocket). We went from 4 to 7 and heavier steel. Can't believe how much smoother that slide is running. DW complained several times to the service dept & they never found anything.
USMC Veterans (both of us)
Marine71-76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 06:24 PM   #7

I'm a Nam vet also nov. 66 to nov 67 A troop 1/9 Cav I was a Huey crew chief and door gunner

Welcome home!!!!
Old 04-24-2021, 06:25 PM   #8

Quote:
We have a 36FBTS on order - had a similar Big Horn 3875FB we sold when we ordered this one - it’s tough being RV homeless
Just curious - what is your dealer telling you about your delay? Mine said they will be building Pinnacles in May and ours should be in that group- most likely June delivery - I have ordered mine with many extras you don’t see on dealer lots - kind of worries me - I guess we’ll all get delivery eventually
Old 04-24-2021, 06:33 PM   #9

The one you ordered was one of our picks, wife didn't want a toilet in the kitchen.

Like I said, before, first they expected late March or early April. Then they said the new expectation is May or June. Supply chain issues.

Our old Holiday Rambler is sitting on their lot waiting to trade in.
Old 04-24-2021, 06:41 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
snip......So here we are waiting on our RV........snip
Just a thought..., but it may be a good time to start thinking about what your PDI requirements will include.

PDI reference, Post #1: https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...d-36094-4.html

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 06:05 AM   #11

Quote:
I'm a Nam vet also nov. 66 to nov 67 A troop 1/9 Cav I was a Huey crew chief and door gunner

Welcome home!!!!
Welcome home brother! I was in the 195th AHC based at Plantation Airfield near Ben Hoa - our mission was airlifting special forces so at times we had the Aussies staying with us and also the ROK rangers - total bad asses

Looking back, I was only 20 years old when I arrived in country - we were loosing many helicopters due to mechanical failures so a “Chase” ship was assigned to some of the missions to do in field repairs - got real crazy at times but, being 20 years old you aren’t afraid.

Sorry to get off topic but, it’s always good to connect with another Vet - maybe we’ll get a chance to cross paths if we ever get our new unit and back on the road
Old 04-25-2021, 06:07 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustic Eagle View Post
Just a thought..., but it may be a good time to start thinking about what your PDI requirements will include.

PDI reference, Post #1: https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...d-36094-4.html

Bob
Already printed out and have a clipboard and flashlight
Old 04-25-2021, 06:11 AM   #13

I just wonder has anyone received New Pinnacles in the last few months? When was Jayco’s last build cycle?
Old 04-25-2021, 07:00 AM   #14

11th Armored Cavalry Regiment, VN July 67 to July 68.

I hope your delivery is as scheduled. We bought ours almost a year ago, off the lot as it had everything we would have gotten had we ordered, plus a few extras. Rv's were much more plentiful when we bought last spring. We have been very, very pleased with it. The only issue we had was the kitchen slide did not go in all the way at a bottom corner. It worked fine but the dealer wound up replacing the tracks as there was some misalignment which had gnarled some of the teeth. I've done some mods like changing out the steps to a set of Tork Lift scissoring type as we didn't have room to pull down the original ones without hitting a side wall in our garage. I also bypassed the fresh water system and installed an under sink filter. The biggie for us was having the brakes converted to disc a couple of months ago. Discs are an option now but were not for the 2020 models.

So, you can pass your waiting time thinking about the mods you want to make and saving up for them as nothing rv related seems to be cheap. Keep us posted.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 08:51 AM   #15

Marine, can you post pictures of your upgraded slide supports.

Thanks
RDTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 09:25 AM   #16

Got a call this morning that our Pinnacle will come off the line June 4, so we should have it before mid June, If they have all the parts.
Old 04-26-2021, 09:45 AM   #17

Ordered our Jay Feather 22RK on Jan 8th. Informed last week that it is "tentatively" scheduled for production the week of May 17th pending parts deliveries. Was originally supposed to be mid April, so not too bad considering the industries problems. So far only had to cancel three reservations and push departure a month. Still have fingers crossed on the "tentative" date.
2018 RAM 1500 Express Air Lift 1000HD
OTR AGIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 03:57 PM   #18

Quote:
Got a call this morning that our Pinnacle will come off the line June 4, so we should have it before mid June, If they have all the parts.
Just got an E-Mail from my salesman - our rig will be off the line 4 weeks from today and then about 7 - 10 days to the dealer. I figure first or second week of June. Dealer has to install Washer/ Dryer Stack and Direct TV Winegard Satillite Dish and we'll be good to go.
Old 04-26-2021, 06:33 PM   #19

glad to hear that
my dealer is in Pa. where is yours
Old 04-27-2021, 03:13 AM   #20

Quote:
glad to hear that
my dealer is in Pa. where is yours
VOGT RV in Ft Worth, TX and I live near Atlanta - road trip coming up