Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-22-2018, 02:08 PM   #1

wheel air pressure rating

does anyone know what the air pressure rating would be for a T03 aluminum 6 lug 2830# weight rated wheel? I currently have factory D rated tires on these wheels with a 65# air pressure rating. I would like to put Goodyear endurance E rated tires on these wheels with 80# pressure max. These wheels already have E rated load rating. So should i assume the psi is also E rated(80#).I believe these tires will be great for highway travel in hot weather. Is this correct?
yooperdewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 02:18 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by yooperdewey View Post
does anyone know what the air pressure rating would be for a T03 aluminum 6 lug 2830# weight rated wheel? I currently have factory D rated tires on these wheels with a 65# air pressure rating. I would like to put Goodyear endurance E rated tires on these wheels with 80# pressure max. These wheels already have E rated load rating. So should i assume the psi is also E rated(80#).I believe these tires will be great for highway travel in hot weather. Is this correct?
A picture of your wheels might help. My build sheet says "Wheels Custom Aluminum", so I have no idea what model number they are. I do know they came with 80PSI Endurance tires installed, though.
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 03:31 PM   #3

My 5th wheel is a 2011 Jayco Eagle 26.5'. Hope to attach pic.
Attached Thumbnails
WP_20181222_15_27_12_Pro.jpg  
Old 12-22-2018, 04:34 PM   #4

I went through this process when going from a C rated tire to E rated Goodyear Endurance on a 6 lug 2830# aluminum wheel. I found out after talking with a Goodyear engineer that a 6 lug 2830# wheel is rated for max psi of 80, industry standard. Jayco was no help, they couldn't even tell me who made the wheel. So you should be good to go, I have had the Endurance for two summers now and no problems running at 80psi, great tire.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 05:49 PM   #5
Site Team

6 lug capacity is 80psi.
8 lug is 110 psi .

My aluminum cast rims have the LCC carrying capacity stamped on the rim. My steel spare rim has a sticker on the outside but I have seen the sticker on the inside of the rim also, requiring a de-mount to verify it.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 06:40 PM   #6

Thank you for information. I will buy the Endurance E rated. My price in town from the Goodyear dealer is $140/tire including mounting, balancing, and tax. Seems to be in line with other places.
Old 12-22-2018, 07:46 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by yooperdewey View Post
Call Tredit tire and wheel. They supply Jayco with the wheels and can tell you the exact ratings on your wheels.
855-887-1884
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 08:17 PM   #8
Site Team

You can also go to the Tredit website and see pictures of all the rims and pick yours out.
Gator roll-up bed cover
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
Old 12-28-2018, 04:39 PM   #9

Thank you Sundancer330 for info on rims!
Old 12-28-2018, 05:32 PM   #10

I got the Endurance LRE tires installed on my 2015 Jayco. When the tire guy dismounted my factory tires, he checked the pressure rating (stamped on either the back or inside of the rim) and assured me that it would be fine. I keep my tires at 80 PSI and haven't had any issues in the short time I've had these new tires.
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 07:44 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
6 lug capacity is 80psi.
8 lug is 110 psi .

My aluminum cast rims have the LCC carrying capacity stamped on the rim. My steel spare rim has a sticker on the outside but I have seen the sticker on the inside of the rim also, requiring a de-mount to verify it.
My last 5er I purchased when it was 4 years old. The owner I purchased it from had removed the steel wheels and china bombs when new and put a set of alum. wheels and Michelin tires. These were 8 lug 235/85R 16'S. I ran them for 5 more years and changed them due to age even though they still had good tread but starting to show drywall cracks. When I had the new tires installed on back of the rims was stamp 65psi max. They had been running at 80 for 9 yrs.
Not all 8 lugs are rated the same.
Old 12-29-2018, 07:41 AM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon View Post
----------------snip----snip---- These were 8 lug 235/85R 16'S. I ran them for 5 more years and changed them due to age even though they still had good tread but starting to show drywall cracks. When I had the new tires installed on back of the rims was stamp 65psi max. They had been running at 80 for 9 yrs.
Not all 8 lugs are rated the same.
Very interesting. I did a little looking around and found some info on etrailer that indicated some could be 80 but no reference to 65psi.

The best reference would always be what is stamped on the rim.
Gator roll-up bed cover
Old 12-29-2018, 11:52 AM   #13

Quote:
Very interesting. I did a little looking around and found some info on etrailer that indicated some could be 80 but no reference to 65psi.

The best reference would always be what is stamped on the rim.
They were also stamped made in China. That probably had something to do with the rating.
Old 01-01-2019, 05:33 AM   #14

Quote:
6 lug capacity is 80psi.
8 lug is 110 psi .

Not all 8 lug wheels are rated for 110psi. Jayco used some 80 psi wheels a few years back. Just look on the back side of the wheel and you should find the psi or weight rating.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 03:47 PM   #15

Many cast aluminum wheels have the max load and some have max inflation molded on the back side of a spoke.

One side issue. Standard "snap-in" rubber valves are only rated for 65 psi MAX.

Rubber valve stems can "age out" just as rubber tires can "age out" but valves do not have a date code on them

As a tire engineer, I would strongly recommend that any tire/wheel in RV application at LR-D or above-run bolt in metal valve stems. Properly installed ( correct torque on the nut).

If you run a TPMS which IMO should be mandatory, you should also run metal valve stem as even the "high pressure" rubber stems can flex and could fail due to the extra weight of the TPMS sensor.

I cover valves, tires, and TPMS on my blog on RV tire Safety