Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-13-2017, 04:27 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisb-24 View Post
Pullrite is the best in my opinion. Plus you need to make sure the weight rating is ok. We bought a small 5er and bought a 12K hitch. Now my wife wants to get a bigger 5er so we did. My 12K hitch is big enough for the new camper plus pulling my boat trailer. Now I'm going to have to get a 16K hitch. Don't make the same mistake I did. It's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Check out Pullrite Hitches on U-Tube.
Happy hitch hunting Bud!!
I had the same thinking, so I bought the 20k hitch for a 14k trailer.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
enmity02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 03:29 PM   #22

Andersen Ultimate Adapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by myates3158 View Post
Anderson folks are here! I love mine and it works awesome. I have a short bed 2500 chevy and a FW 355 MBQS.

So far so good. I love the fact I can pull the pins and it's out in just a few minutes.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We've got a SCREW LB but going with B&W turnover ball and Andersen Ultimate adapter because it's clean and easy to remove. I wanted something my WIFE could do if needed. Heaving 150+lbs. out of the back is for young guys! lol
Old 06-23-2017, 10:03 AM   #23

Have towed with both the Andersen and a B&W Patriot, both rail versions.
Andersen pros
Light weight
No pull test

Cons
You need the Funnel to make it easier. $
IMO safety chains. $
Need the taller ball with the funnel. $
Need to raise the 5th way higher to clear the taller ball.

B&W pros
Solid build.
No need to do a pull test, just look at the jaws when connecting 7 pin plug.
Easier to hitch and unhitch.
No chains, Funnel or taller ball to buy.

Cons
Heavy, heavy, heavy.

I've towed the same 5th wheel with both and the tow is exactly the same. I have a small amount of chucking on medium to bad roads and both hitches perform the same on those roads.
I'm also using a MorRyde pin box. MorRyde says you need their heavy duty skid plate because the Anderesen MAY bend the OEM plate because of the offset coupler attachment. I'm not really buying into it, but I'm not an engineer so I won't say either way whether it should be bought or not. My pin is only 1800 lbs, not 3000 lbs like some larger 5th wheels. I don't feel I need it. I've towed for 1 season with the Andersen and have seen no issues concerning the OEM plate on the MR.
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 03:33 PM   #24

We would like opinions on the Reese Titan 16K hitch. Our truck is an 07Silverado 2500HD 6.5 bed and towing pkg. we hopefully, will be towing an Eagle HT 27.5 RKDS with Reese Revolution Pin Box. Our dealer is talking a ReesePro 16K. I like the Titian because it has a positive pin lock and cushioning to help with chucking. This is our first FW, although we have been towing TTs for years. Opinions, good, bad, etc appreciated. We also want to purchase through Etrailer and save money over what the dealer wants to charge us.
Ruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 04:17 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth View Post
We would like opinions on the Reese Titan 16K hitch.
Ruth, I had the Reese Titan 16K hitch installed on my 2015 Chevy 2500HD. Although, I do not have anything to compare it to ( 1st fifth wheel ), I feel it works well. My 2017 Jayco 27.5RKDS came with a Moreryde pin box so, I opted to have the Reese round tube slider installed also.
2019 Silverado 3500HD - Duramax - SRW - 4WD - CC - LTZ - 8' Bed
Reese M5 20K
triplebvalp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 03:37 AM   #26

[QUOTE=triplebvalp;536614]Ruth, I had the Reese Titan 16K hitch installed on my 2015 Chevy 2500HD. Although, I do not have anything to compare it to ( 1st fifth wheel ), I feel it works well. My 2017 Jayco 27.5RKDS came with a Moreryde pin box so, I opted to have the Reese round tube slider installed also.[/QUOTE

Our dealer has the ReeseRevolution pin box installed on their FWs. I went to the Reese website to figure out if we needed a slider. The formula they gave was measurement from cab to middle of axle then add 22 inches. That total should be more than half the width of the trailer plus 4. As we end up with a 64 inch total vs 52 inch total, I am leaning towards a non sliding hitch. My dealer wants to charge $2200 for hitch and install. I figure that is way over priced compared to etrailer prices, which comes to jost under $1000.
Old 06-24-2017, 07:29 AM   #27

[QUOTE=Ruth;536745]
Quote:
Originally Posted by triplebvalp View Post
My dealer wants to charge $2200 for hitch and install. I figure that is way over priced compared to etrailer prices, which comes to jost under $1000.
Yes Ruth, that is quite high for the hitch you are getting especially since it doesn't include a slider. Mine was right at 1600 bucks installed including the slider.

Here's a picture of it in my truck:

Reese M5 20K
Old 06-24-2017, 08:29 AM   #28

[QUOTE=triplebvalp;536786]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth View Post

Yes Ruth, that is quite high for the hitch you are getting especially since it doesn't include a slider. Mine was right at 1600 bucks installed including the slider.

Here's a picture of it in my truck:

I am not sure if that is with a slider or not. FW has the Revolution pin box and per info on Reese website, I don't need a slider even with a 6.5 bed. They are also saying it is a Reese Pro 16K. Either way, $2200 is a lot for a hitch installed I assume(shame on me). I was looking at the Titan 16K.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

2018 Eagle HT 27.5 RKDS
Old 06-24-2017, 09:00 AM   #29

Ruth, I believe you are correct in that you would not need a slider with the Revolution pin box. I wonder also if your dealer is quoting you a price with slider as it seems rather high. I also wonder if your dealer is adding shipping charges for the hitch ( they may not have it in stock ). The Reese Pro 16K is somewhat cheaper than the Titan 16K also ... your quoted prices just seem high.
Reese M5 20K
Old 06-24-2017, 09:08 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplebvalp View Post
Ruth, I believe you are correct in that you would not need a slider with the Revolution pin box. I wonder also if your dealer is quoting you a price with slider as it seems rather high. I also wonder if your dealer is adding shipping charges for the hitch ( they may not have it in stock ). The Reese Pro 16K is somewhat cheaper than the Titan 16K also ... your quoted prices just seem high.
We think we will buy our Titan 16K and the rail kit for under $1000 and install it ourselves. Save us $2200 and don't have to worry about shoddy installation.
Old 08-14-2017, 06:16 PM   #31

My vote is for the Demco 18K Highjacker Autoslider. I used it to pull a heavy 5th wheel thousands of miles with no issues. It is heavy but extremely well built. It uses a simple gear system the requires very little maintenance. The autoslide peace of mind is well worth it is tight situations. I learned the hard way by pulling a new 5th wheel home from the dealer and it Kissed my cab. I don't have the problem anymore.

2012 Ford F350, 6.7L, CC, SRW
Firestone Airbags, Demco Highjacker 18K Autoslide Hitch
ArmyGuy2007 is offline   Reply With Quote