Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-30-2017, 02:41 AM   #1

Which Vent Covers???

We hopefully will be getting our 2018 NP 381 DLQS (mid June delivery?)
Even though our Salesman said "We don't need them" I want to buy Vent covers and have them installed prior to PDI.
I've read up on both the MaxAir II & Fantastic Ultrabreeze both having pros and cons. We have a Rain-Sensored Fan in the kitchen and a regular manual open fan in the bathroom. All I know at this point is that I will want black to match the air conditioner unit covers. Just don't know which brand is the best for air flow (when raining) I want to keep fan open. My concern is the rain censored fan lid opening fully with a vent cover on. We are getting so much help and feedback from being new members of this forum, Any help in this decision?
FireBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 06:53 AM   #2

We're total newbies, and I'm sure others will have more helpful technical info for you, but we just got a NP 375BHFS and went with the Maxair II covers, as recommended by our dealer. We were going to get black, but the dealer talked us into the "Smoke" color, citing they would let a little light in, and they look nice. They only had 2 in stock, so we actually still have to go back and get the rest done.
2016 Ford F350 Platinum DRW with 5th wheel prep package, Diesel, 4 x 4
glitelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 07:56 AM   #3

I put MaxAir covers on both trailers we've owned. Our bath vent is open unless it's really hot and humid and we're running the A/C. I leave it open when in storage too. Never had any rain get in. I think they're great.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 05:02 AM   #4

Which Vent Covers???

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBC View Post
We hopefully will be getting our 2018 NP 381 DLQS (mid June delivery?)

Even though our Salesman said "We don't need them" I want to buy Vent covers and have them installed prior to PDI.

I've read up on both the MaxAir II & Fantastic Ultrabreeze both having pros and cons. We have a Rain-Sensored Fan in the kitchen and a regular manual open fan in the bathroom. All I know at this point is that I will want black to match the air conditioner unit covers. Just don't know which brand is the best for air flow (when raining) I want to keep fan open. My concern is the rain censored fan lid opening fully with a vent cover on. We are getting so much help and feedback from being new members of this forum, Any help in this decision?

I put these in the Smoke color so light still comes through on my 2017 1/2 NorthPoint 377 and they are working fine, including the automatic opening one in the kitchen. I also added the bug screens.

http://www.airxcel.com/docs/default-....pdf?sfvrsn=10

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
MadJoker TX is offline   Reply With Quote