Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-08-2019, 12:08 PM   #21

I had a camper with two grey tanks. The tank at the front of the camper was for my kitchen and the emptying line ran about 2/3 of the length of the trailer to the dump outlet. In order to make sure the tank emptied I had to elevate the front end of the camper so that the dump outlet was lower than the grey tank. This becomes critical when you are at a dump station and the camper is in a downward stance. If you don't pay attention to this you could drive off with only 1/2 of your tank emptied.
Blunderbuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 01:09 PM   #22

Two grey tanks but 3 grey valves

I haven't researched yet why my 2019 330RSTS has three grey dump handles. One of them is not marked with the label on the lower outside wall which is why I brought home 1/2 tank of kitchen water from dealer.

Just throwing this out as it seems anything is possible with plumbing.
Whatsupchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 01:43 PM   #23

Two gray tanks?

At least you have two gray tanks. On our smaller TT, we have one, and a smallish one at that. We can last about 1-2 days with 2 showers, then need to dump.
Homersimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 02:09 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsupchuck View Post
I haven't researched yet why my 2019 330RSTS has three grey dump handles. One of them is not marked with the label on the lower outside wall which is why I brought home 1/2 tank of kitchen water from dealer.

Just throwing this out as it seems anything is possible with plumbing.
330RSTS does have three gray tanks. Front one under bedroom slide near the front cap is for the washer/dryer prep. Second next to blank tank is the bathroom shower and sink and third valve by the waste outlet is for the kitchen.
blujay40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 03:40 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by blujay40 View Post
330RSTS does have three gray tanks. Front one under bedroom slide near the front cap is for the washer/dryer prep. Second next to blank tank is the bathroom shower and sink and third valve by the waste outlet is for the kitchen.
My 322RLOK has the same 3 gray tank setup - I ordered mine with the sanicon and it came with the gate valves.

I close off both of them (1 is for the sanicon and faces inward not easy to see). And open all of my gray valves so I get to use all 97 gallons of gray capacity.

When I’m ready to dump my black tank I close all of the gray valves and depending on which system I plan to dump with normal or sanicon - I connect the appropriate hoses and open the corresponding gate valve this prevents any leaking.

Then I open the black valve and also put water on the black flush system when done, turn off the water, close the black valve, then open the gray valves to flush everything else.

I would change this up if boondocking and using my dump tote.
Gizmopilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 04:08 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawags45 View Post
I Have a Pinnicle 36SSWS. It has 2 gray tanks. Is one for Bath Room and one for Kitchen ? If one is full Can you switch to the other tank ? If so how do you do this ? I am new to this site and to Jayco.
Yes,
*One gray tank fills from Kitchen sink
* One gray tank fills from bathroom sink(s)
and shower.

***Both tanks fill and drain independently of
one another.

* I maintain both gray tanks in the open
position.

*Sometimes the gray tanks give off a stink from
food left in tanks.

*Close off both tanks and insert tank chemical or
chem pod in both tanks and allow to fill up for a few days,
as chemical breaks down tank matter.

*Then dump and leave gray tank valve(s) open.

** REPEAT this process every 30 days for clean
smell.
redley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 04:23 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by redley View Post
Yes,
*One gray tank fills from Kitchen sink
* One gray tank fills from bathroom sink(s)
and shower.

***Both tanks fill and drain independently of
one another.

* I maintain both gray tanks in the open
position.

*Sometimes the gray tanks give off a stink from
food left in tanks.

*Close off both tanks and insert tank chemical or
chem pod in both tanks and allow to fill up for a few days,
as chemical breaks down tank matter.

*Then dump and leave gray tank valve(s) open.

** REPEAT this process every 30 days for clean
smell.
On the control panel which grey tank is #1?
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 06:25 PM   #28

Gray tanks

We have a 2015 38flsa which actually has 3 Gray tanks. Third one is washer/dryer in bedroom only. Never been used.
Rnrescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 06:55 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnrescape View Post
We have a 2015 38flsa which actually has 3 Gray tanks. Third one is washer/dryer in bedroom only. Never been used.
My forward gray tank failed and dumped when it got 2/3 full last year only 2 months old - I had it replaced under warranty over the winter so far so good - it wasn’t supported properly
Old 06-09-2019, 09:57 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
On the control panel which grey tank is #1?

On ours, the valves are, left to right, Black, Grey 1 then Grey 2.

Joan fell in with a bunch of conspiracy theorists on a Facebook page for RV's and as such food particles never go down the drain. We go through a lot of paper towels.
2019 F350 DRW Lariat CC Long Bed Diesel "Sheila"
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
We don't camp, we don't glamp, we LIVE.
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 05:50 PM   #31

I have a rear kitchen 2 two gray tanks & two sewer connections from the factory. That required a Y connection or moving from the front fitting to the back at a dump station. I cut the plumbing and tied the rear gray tank to the front sewer connection. No more Y's or moving. The slides valves are still up inside the belly wrap. Under $50 and just over an hour. The black pipes ABS but dimensional the same size as PVC. You will need a special glue for ABS - PVC, it's sea-foam green.
2000 F250SD SRW 7.3 LB Extended Cab Air Bags
2002 Western Star 4900EX 500 Detroit 13sp.
2014 Eagle 30.5BHLT (sold)
Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 06:21 PM   #32

Our 26RK information is the small tank is for the outside hitched and all else goes to main tank. Just got and haven’t had a chance to find out dang thunderstorms😩
Cardfanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 01:34 PM   #33

Equalizer

I tried using a valve on the end of my discharge pipe to equalize the gray tanks and it has not worked. I’m not a big fan of the two tank system because the shower bathroom sink tank will fill up three or four times for every time the kitchen sink tank fills up. If the bathroom shower tank was 70 gallons and the sink in the kitchen was 10 or 15 it would make more sense. To me it makes more sense just to have one big gray tank I think Jayco and other manufacturers that have two tanks made a mistake on this idea.
Retiredtotravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 01:48 PM   #34

I actually have 3 x 32.5 grey tanks

For me you can’t just open up the tanks for them to equalize they need to be open as you fill them to equalize.

Front grey is for washer/dryer
Middle is for shower
Back is for kitchen sink

When emptying I close them and then empty my black first / close it when empty

Then open the greys back up to empty them
Old 09-10-2021, 05:35 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retiredtotravel View Post
I tried using a valve on the end of my discharge pipe to equalize the gray tanks and it has not worked. I’m not a big fan of the two tank system because the shower bathroom sink tank will fill up three or four times for every time the kitchen sink tank fills up. If the bathroom shower tank was 70 gallons and the sink in the kitchen was 10 or 15 it would make more sense. To me it makes more sense just to have one big gray tank I think Jayco and other manufacturers that have two tanks made a mistake on this idea.
Simple tank mod single outlet, I hated two. https://kzfamilyforum.com/thread/1920/rear-kitchen-mod
2000 F250SD SRW 7.3 LB Extended Cab Air Bags
2002 Western Star 4900EX 500 Detroit 13sp.
2014 Eagle 30.5BHLT (sold)
Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 06:21 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHen View Post
You can’t switch between one and the other. When I have got one full, I drain some out of the full tank into a bucket and properly dispose of it....

Depending on how the plumbing is set up, you might be able to try this. Make sure the cap for the tank dumps is on and tight. Then you might be able to open both Gray tank valves, they will both try to dump and when they can’t they should equalize. So if one is full and one is empty (unlikely), then they will equalize and both will be 1/2 full. Then close both valves. Be careful, when you go to dump, any gray water between the valves and the dump cap will spill out and make a mess. I’ve just heard this works when desperate, never tried it myself.

If you want to try this or even if not, get the valterra twist on valve for where the drain cap goes. It prevents any spills as you can put a hose on before opening the added valve.

https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-T58-...31038926&psc=1
Furrion Vision S 7” Rear and Side View Cameras
2021JayFlight28BHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 06:27 PM   #37

I use a waste gate twist on valve. It allows me to better control flow when macerating.

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 04:33 AM   #38

Our '21 36FBTS has 2 grey tanks and 2 black tanks. After picking it up from dealer, we went on a 2 day outing at a park nearby for 2 nights to shake it down and look for issues. Luckily, the only problem was a TV, and we knew this before we left the dealership. It was fixed promptly, dealer was great. We got ready to come home,and we did our first "dump". Had all kinds of issues getting that damn "slinky" to stay put, lol. I may post a new thread asking advice on using it as we go on our second outing next week. Got home, 325 miles later, and next day I remembered to use the App to check things on the unit, and discovered I had a gray tank showing 2/3 full. I won't go into what a head scratcher this turned out to be for this Newbie,and for how long, but look at the attached picture of the wet bay.The labeling is wrong, the correct labeling should be Black, Grey, Black. The handles are colored correctly however. The second grey dump valve for the kitchen and half bath is just behind the main dump line and the handle is colored correctly. Once I got it figured, I opened the darn thing and a gusher of water came out. My bride is as finicky as someone else's bride that posted just above, so we go through a lot of paper towels, and the water was mostly clear. I contacted the dealer with this pic. He went and checked another pinnacle on the lot and it was labeled the same. he contacted Jayco and he says they told him this was how they labeled all the 5th wheels. So, the moral of the story is we drove all that distance with a mostly full grey tank and Jayco has these units mislabeled. My apologies for the crooked picture, don't know how to fix it.
Attached Images

Old 09-11-2021, 06:51 AM   #39

Would the residential ABS be the same size as the ABS used in the RV’s, or do you have to use PVC for plumbing modifications?
Old 02-06-2024, 10:35 AM   #40

Grey tanks

I have 2 35 gal grey tanks. One is for washer that I don’t use,the other for shower and sink and kitchen sink that fills up quite fast. Is there a way to use the washer grey tank in sync with other tank so I have double capacity???
Frosty5858 is offline   Reply With Quote