Originally Posted by Stan&Sharon
I've seen it advertised and eager to know more.
- Does it use the same 5 wires as the 1000... green/yellow/red snap connectors and two power?
- How does it look in your camper... can you attach a photo?
- What about power on/off... how did you handle that?
- Is the web interface any better than the 1000?
- Do you need to remove it from your ceiling to access the SIM slot?
1. Yes it uses the exact same connections as the 1000 . As long as you have the Air 360+
on the top of your rv , you should have all the appropriate hook ups (not just the 360 , it must have the +
!) . If you are lucky , you will probably also have the 12v power and ground as well .
2. Looks ok on the ceiling , about 1" tall and maybe 6"x6" footprint . Blends in with the ceiling just fine . (sorry, dont have a picture) .
3. I just left mine powered up , no switch . I have solar, so I really never worry about a little parasitic draw . I suppose you can just hook up an inline on-off switch on the power or ground lead . I did not use the cellular feature , but if I was I would prob want a way to shut it off if I wasn't using it .
4.I never used the 1000, but the Ranger Osprey interface is quite simple , even for someone like myself who is pretty tech illiterate , lol . I was able to get it to work and figure it out pretty easy , so .......
5.Yes, I would say it should come off its mounting tray to access the sim slot . Just an FYI , only the mounting tray screws to the ceiling, and the unit itself will demount if you need it for anything . Just have to unhook the 3 wires, and unplug the 12v power.
There are a few reviews on line for the Ranger Osprey, and most of them are comparing it to the 1000 . I think pretty much all the reviews conclude that the Ranger Osprey is vastly superior .
Good luck with your decision !