Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-15-2020, 09:08 AM   #1

Winegard Upgradable connection

Our new Jayco has a label on the bedroom ceiling that says Winegard upgradable and a small plate with screws. I am hoping to get better cell and wifi in the RV since I work remotely. What do I need to buy/do to make that happen?
Attached Thumbnails
2E7EB500-ADDD-4680-92B0-AA2F8E7E88D7.jpg  
Lizzie1275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 09:12 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie1275 View Post
Our new Jayco has a label on the bedroom ceiling that says Winegard upgradable and a small plate with screws. I am hoping to get better cell and wifi in the RV since I work remotely. What do I need to buy/do to make that happen?
Here you go: https://winegard.com/products/hdtv-d...0-plus/gateway
2019 Silverado 3500HD - Duramax - SRW - 4WD - CC - LTZ - 8' Bed
Reese M5 20K
triplebvalp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 10:06 AM   #3

So do you think the Air360 is already installed? I don’t see it mentioned on the MSRP sheet as an option I paid for. It needs to be there first before we can buy the upgrade item.
Old 07-15-2020, 11:43 AM   #4

It will be a round dome on the roof. It should be located right above the location in you picture, at least mine is. If it is an Air360+ it will have the internet antenna. Without the plus I don't think it will. My Pinnacle came with the Gateway installed but I haven't used it yet so no opinions on how it works.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 11:46 AM   #5

They do not come from the factory with the Gateway installed. We bought one from Amazon. Added it to my Verizon cell phone plan and it works great.
Trigger12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 04:31 PM   #6

We are trying to install the gateway and the power cables coming from the ceiling have no juice coming from them. The antenna is on and we are able to receive channels on the TV via the antenna. Is there another switch somewhere to activate the power to the line in the ceiling?
Sunnyrosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 05:50 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnyrosie View Post
We are trying to install the gateway and the power cables coming from the ceiling have no juice coming from them. The antenna is on and we are able to receive channels on the TV via the antenna. Is there another switch somewhere to activate the power to the line in the ceiling?
We found the power cable in the ceiling, it was white/blue and was taped to a black cable. We spliced into it and immediately had power. We didn't have to do anything else other than snap in the other 3 wires, matching the numbers. Make sure your positive and negative wires are not switched. The positive wire had a wire nut on it from the factory.
Old 08-02-2020, 12:22 PM   #8

Quote:
Same issue... any response yet on how you get power to the wires in the ceiling for the router?
Highlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 05:04 PM   #9

Winegard Connect Anywhere power issue

Quote:
I called Jayco Customer Support and they said the two power wires in the ceiling, one solid white one white with a green stripe were as follows:
White with Green Stripe wire - Power wire +
White wire - Ground -

So the 9.5 inch power lead for the router should be Red wire connected to white with green stripe and Black wire connected to the white wire.

I had them reversed. Once I flipped them, voila!
Highlander is offline   Reply With Quote