Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-11-2019, 01:19 PM   #1

Winterization problem I think there's a blockage

I moved buttons to where they're supposed to be on side panel for winterization try to get the antifreeze to flow in using the pump nothing happens. Went and bought a hand pump. now on winterization mode it's still does not allow me to pump anything in. Had to put it on city water then I was able to pump antifreeze in got it coming out steady pink cold only all the sinks and the shower however in this mode hot water heater filled up so I put the plug back in to stop that from leaking out. When I was done I put it back in winterization mode. Still not sure if I have pink going to the washing machine. I think there is a line twisted concerning the winterization mode. Anyone else have this problem and any ideas on how to fix it. Yes I do have the switches where they're supposed to be I checked it at a minimum of 10 times to make sure. Any help would be appreciated.
pawags45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 01:32 PM   #2

Did you flip the little filter on the city water inlet? Cone aide in.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 01:33 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxLoser View Post
Did you flip the little filter on the city water inlet? Cone aide in.
Yes I tried that. But it did not work. Just got me wet with antifreeze spitting back out as I was pumping it in. 9f course this was on city water setting. It would not let any in on winterizing setting with that screen thing turned backwards of forwards.
Old 11-12-2019, 03:18 PM   #4

Just found this post from 2016 on a 2016 Pinnicle This might be my problem. I will check this in the morning and see. (At work now till 10.00pm)

o Hot Water in new 2016 Pinnacle
AH HA! I found the problem with not having water to the HWH or HW faucets when my panel is lined up for City Water. I removed the side panel in the storage compartment to gain access to the back of the Uni-Dock Panel and found 3 water lines with kinks in the lines. Two of the 3 lines that were kinked, completely collapsed the hoses. I have attached a picture of the supply line to the HW Heater. That is the reason I was not getting water in the HW side of my Pinnacle. I have a service date now scheduled with the local Jayco Dealer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name: Kinks in Pinnacle Water Lines.jpg
Views: 8
Size: 99.9 KB
ID: 28463
bgelyhome is offline Report Post Thanks Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Unread Today, 09:02 PM #15
pawags45

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgelyhome View Post
AH HA! I found the problem with not having water to the HWH or HW faucets when my panel is lined up for City Water. I removed the side panel in the storage compartment to gain access to the back of the Uni-Dock Panel and found 3 water lines with kinks in the lines. Two of the 3 lines that were kinked, completely collapsed the hoses. I have attached a picture of the supply line to the HW Heater. That is the reason I was not getting water in the HW side of my Pinnacle. I have a service date now scheduled with the local Jayco Dealer.
I have a simular problem and will check behing the panel to see if this is my problem. Also nothing goes in useing the winterization setting with Pinnicle Pump or Hand Pump.

Larry Wagner
Stewartstown PA
2019 Jayco Pinnacle 36SSWS (Louise)
2019 Chevelet Silverado 3500 Dully Duramax Engine (Allison Transmission) (Thelma)
pawags45 is online now Report Post Thanks Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message

Larry Wagner
Stewartstown PA
2019 Chevelet Silverado 3500 Dully Duramax Engine (Allison Transmission) (Thelma)
Old 11-12-2019, 04:02 PM   #5

I do not own a fifth wheel but I had an issue with winterizing our Accolade yesterday using the Nautilus P3 station. I posted the issue in this thread

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...-p3-72157.html

Bottom line, I had to in some manner prime the pump before it would draw antifreeze in the winterize mode/position. In the thread I describe two ways I primed the pump.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 05:46 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
I do not own a fifth wheel but I had an issue with winterizing our Accolade yesterday using the Nautilus P3 station. I posted the issue in this thread

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...-p3-72157.html

Bottom line, I had to in some manner prime the pump before it would draw antifreeze in the winterize mode/position. In the thread I describe two ways I primed the pump.
Thanks Dave. But under winterization setting I can't even pump anything in. Deff. have some sort of Blockage. I have a appointment for Dec 10, 2019 and in the meen time I will continue to try and trouble shoot the problem and keep the heat running. Just have to keep checking the propane. I have Pink in all of the cold line's but not the hot. or the Washer Lines.

Larry Wagner
Stewartstown PA
Old 11-12-2019, 08:39 PM   #7

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
Those units with have the valve panel I have done many this season (commercially), and yes the pump has to be primed before it will suck in winterizing condition because of the valve in the city inlet. All I do because I have todo so many have an outside pump with battery and pump through the city outlet and it will also go through the pump (on or off makes no different). This way it only takes me 15 minutes and don't have to prime the onboard pump. It is handy to have an spare pump anyway in case of an emergency so use it also for winterizing and with alligator clips you can connect to your RV battery. Membrane pumps are self priming, but when its pumping air (no liquid in the chamber) it has a hard time sucking the anti-freeze through the valve and also from a lower position. Hope this is understandable.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 12:13 PM   #8

Found my problem line going from control panel to water pump is bent. Not as llowing water threw. I have a appointment with dealer on Dec 11. Have to keep furnace on until then. Put furnace on 56% also put fire places on snd a space heater in the empty storage area to try and conserve propane. Going threw 2 of the 30lbs bottles a week so far.
Attached Thumbnails
20191116_120259.jpg   20191116_120252.jpg