Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-28-2017, 09:51 PM   #1

Winterize Advice

Been rv’ing for 20 plus years and have winterized with no issues, but have a new Pinnacle with all the goodies and need some suggestions on winterizing a unit with washer and dryer, residential refrigerator with ice maker, and sani-con waste system. We live in Oklahoma so not uncommon to have a week with temps at or below freezing. The frig is in a slide out, and the waterline is fairly exposed even when slide is in. Is it worth having dealer winterize? Thoughts or ideas?
SoonerCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 08:40 AM   #2

2017 Pinnacle 37MDQS, Fridge, I just opened both valves and allowed it to drain via the low point drains and I took out the filter so it would not have an restrictions. Once it was drained, I closed both valves and replaced the empty filter. The macerator, I poured RV anti freeze down the toilet enough (2 gallons) that I could pump it out the macerator and left it at that. Do not have the washer/dryer. My 2017 has multiple low points. Make sure you get them all. Skidawg
Skidawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 12:12 PM   #3

My Pinnacle also has a residential fridge with an ice maker. Additionally it is plumbed for a washer although I do not plan on having one. My practice is to first blow out all lines with air and focus on making sure all water is out of the fridge. I then remove the filter from the fridge and shut the valve off which supplies water to it. I next remove the main water filter, and pump rv antifreeze through the rest of the unit including the washer hookups. This is my second year doing it and so far it has worked well.

Jim
Old 11-30-2017, 10:07 AM   #4

Just got done winterizing our 2018 Pinnacle 36KPTS w/whirlpool refer and sani-con macerator pump.
First I removed the system filter, installed the bypass plate & gasket, then opened all the low point drains and faucets. (including the washer prep)
When they stopped running I closed them all hooked my air compressor up set to 50 Lbs, then repeated the process until no more water came out.
While the compressor was still connected I ran the water dispenser in the refrigerator until nothing but air came out. Removed the filter in the refrigerator. (when filter is out it must go into bypass as water/air still came out of the ice make & water dispenser)
Put the ice maker in Fast Ice mode, it made two trays of ice then all I could hear is air coming out when it tried to fill the tray a third time. Shut the valve off under the kitchen island going to the refrigerator.
I then pumped RV antifreeze through the system and in the sink traps. (including the washer drain)
Lastly I put an elbow on the 3" drain line turned upwards, poured about 1 1/2 gallon of RV Antifreeze in, ran the macerator until antifreeze came through. Closed blade valves and left the antifreeze in the pump and line.

This is the first RV/Fiver we owned that has a residential Refer and Macerator. Hopefully I removed all the water and got everything protected. (Will find out next spring)
Old 11-30-2017, 12:58 PM   #5
Site Team

I love reading about this thing called winter.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is online now   Reply With Quote