Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-21-2022, 07:56 PM   #1

Winterizing

I have followed the instructions in my owner's manual, setting the valves in the proper position and I am not able to get the antifreeze to pump out of my jug. What am I not doing? I think that I had the same issue last year....
jnweigum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 09:13 AM   #2

What year and model Jayco do you own and can you post a picture of the valve configuration?

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 10:20 AM   #3

2019 377RLBH NORTH POINT. I have re-read the operation of the valve settings and it looks like the "winterization" settings may not be correct. It states that the white valve should be pointing down and the information on the valves state that in the sideway position it would go to the pump inlet. That could be why I am not getting any antifreeze to my fixtures. ?? Then the blue valve states in the down position water(antifreeze) goes to the fixtures. I am thinking about just using my air compressor for now. I will work on getting a photo.(my Daughter isn't here with me now, my tech person).
Old 10-22-2022, 04:02 PM   #4

We have a 2019 Pinnacle 36FBTS with the same P1 utility station and just went through the winterization process today. The positioning of the valves are correct as shown in the manual and on the decal on the panel. I did have some trouble getting it to start drawing antifreeze through the hose but once it gets the prime it goes quick. Some have talked about removing the screen because there is a check vale that has to open. You might try that and see if it helps.
Demco 18K Autoslide Hitch and Timbrens
2019 Ford F350 SB 6.7L Diesel (Gone)
Radar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 08:05 PM   #5

Made a call to Camping World in Spokane, Wa., they gave me a number to RV Tech and got the information I needed. There is a check valve behind where the city water is hooked up, so I needed to turn the rubber washer with the screen attached in towards the check valve plunger, then prime the pump two or three times, winterized in 30 minutes. Would have save a lot of aggravation if my owners manual would have had a note about doing that.(it now has a note) Thanks for the comments!
Old 10-22-2022, 08:32 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnweigum View Post
Made a call to Camping World in Spokane, Wa., they gave me a number to RV Tech and got the information I needed. There is a check valve behind where the city water is hooked up, so I needed to turn the rubber washer with the screen attached in towards the check valve plunger, then prime the pump two or three times, winterized in 30 minutes. Would have save a lot of aggravation if my owners manual would have had a note about doing that.(it now has a note) Thanks for the comments!
Not all check valves have that issue. Some work fine, many don't. I noticed that I used to have to flip the inlet screen. But over the last two seasons, I haven't had to. Evidently the check valve has loosened up.
Old 10-22-2022, 08:44 PM   #7

2020 Pinnacle
1) remove water filter in cannister and fill with anti-freeze complete to top and reinstall cannister without filter.
2) Connect hose to water tank inlet
3) Insert end of open hose into 1 gallon jug
4) Set plumbing to siphon to fixtures
5) Activate water pump.
6) most often siphon will not occur
7) While pump is activated move plumbing to "CITY WATER TO FIXTURES until you hear some gurgling
8) Flip back to siphon to fixtures.
9) Repeat until you see anti-freeze being withdrawn from gallon and pump is starting to pressurize
10) May need second person to partially open a sink fixture to realese air.
11) No need to flip screens or check valves either.
WORKS ALL DAY FOR ME. Note, once the siphon occurs it will suck the gallon dry fairly quick. Try and change jugs without losing siphon. May have to turn off pump first.
Edutron is offline   Reply With Quote