Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-24-2015, 02:14 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodgerS View Post

I think he wants something a bit more pictoral in nature which makes the schematic information easier to translate and identify. Nothing wrong with that.
I agree, but when they only use a schematic that shows a wire going from point "A" to point "B", it's guage and it's color not it's exact location in the unit, that is what they will send out. That's all I've ever gotten since 1977.

Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 02:47 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
I agree, but when they only use a schematic that shows a wire going from point "A" to point "B", it's guage and it's color not it's exact location in the unit, ...snip
If you see the assembly line (like I'm sure Grumpy and many others have), you'll see how much the folks on the factory floor seem to do wiring, plumbing lines, duct placement, etc. 'on the fly.' I'm sure they are using little more than the schematics.

This helps explain why detailed assembly diagrams etc. aren't available, and helps explain the wiring mistakes, kinked water lines, and collapsed ducts people mention in JOF.

oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 07:27 PM   #13
Lost in the Woods

Well, you do the best you can and just deal with it. A WSJ article I read the other day on RV trends had a mfg rep talk about new RV buyers who expect auto reliability as if that was a new concept. Nothing will change until they apply the lemon laws to RVs and the right to revocation.

But anything you get is helpful and sometimes there is more to be gotten than we are aware of. One of the first things I would do after purchasing a unit would be to identify all the fuses, mark them, replace them with the new fuses that light up when they fail, and document as much of the electrical systems as possible and yeah that takes some knowledge and a bit of doing, but it can't be all fun - right!
RodgerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 06:06 PM   #14

New Redhawks 22j

Does anyone know it there is 12 volt wring close to the existing roof vent that has no fan. I want to install a fantastic vent fan in the existing area of the roof where the vent is now.... Need power for the New vent.... Thanks

New jayco user woody is offline   Reply With Quote