Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-26-2019, 11:55 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnyo66 View Post
Our arm collapsed last year the exact same as yours with just a spit of rain. It took the whole season for the dealership to come repair the arm at our seasonal site. This year I fear each time I take the awnings ou t. Which is rare now. We were told our awnings were sunshades and should not be out in the rain. What the heck, no one mentioned that. Ours do not adjust or dip.
We are truly considering biting the bullet and replacing the arms, with some that are adjustable. Any recommendations??

All our other trailers had manual arms and never had an issue changing the pitch...thought electrical ones one be great. ��*♀️

If you have a '16 North Point like I do...the pitch of the arms are adjustable. You just need a step ladder to adjust the pitch at each arm. If I had a picture, it'd be a lot easier to show you, but they have a push button and then you slide the arm out to extend or in to lower one side.
Old 06-26-2019, 12:05 PM   #22

2016 has dometic electric that can be dipped on either end or both ends together.. it's also has struts on both ends for auto dump.. I roll it up in the rain. I learned my lesson the hard way on my last rig.
Old 06-26-2019, 01:03 PM   #23

Even adjusting the longitude all the way down they are not worthy. The best choice I made was to get rid of it and install the steep pitch awning. No problems since, even in down pours.

2014 Ram Dually 6.7 Diesel
2016 North Point 375BHFS
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 01:13 PM   #24

We lost our Carefree Awning early in our game. I came home from work one night real late and Joan said that the awning would not retract (we retracted every night). We quickly checked weather forecasts and saw no wind, so we decided to troubleshoot in the morning.

We had three inches of rain that night and the awning was destroyed. Walking around the campground that morning we learned that someone else lost their awning in a similar fashion. I also noticed that almost everyone had their awning cocked down to one side. Dang

Living on the Georgia coast for a while, I know about afternoon pop-up storms, but apparently they can happen at night. We will always keep it cocked at the maximum differential of three notches. When the new one is put on in a few days, we will ask the tech. about manual retraction as well.
2019 F350 DRW Lariat CC Long Bed Diesel "Sheila"
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
We don't camp, we don't glamp, we LIVE.
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 02:14 PM   #25

The dealership said they don’t. They weren’t very helpful
But as soon as hubby arrives we’ll take a look and see.
Sunnyo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 02:17 PM   #26

All our other awnings were dometic. I think that will be the brand to return to. Curious if we can use the rails already mounted to the trailer.
Sunnyo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 08:27 AM   #27

I have the same awning and the longitude does not have an auto dump. The other model does. Both arms should have like 5-6 holes to adjust. I have mine on max tilt and out two holes by the door to help water run off the other way. The only way this awning will dump water is if it is extended less than half way. That puts the shock strut in a position that it will collapse and let the arms close more. Found that out by accident but it is not designed to even really do that. The traveler is the same awning but with twice the arm thickness than our junk and no auto dump.
Rock
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 02:46 PM   #28

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
I have the same awning and the longitude does not have an auto dump. The other model does. Both arms should have like 5-6 holes to adjust. I have mine on max tilt and out two holes by the door to help water run off the other way. The only way this awning will dump water is if it is extended less than half way. That puts the shock strut in a position that it will collapse and let the arms close more. Found that out by accident but it is not designed to even really do that. The traveler is the same awning but with twice the arm thickness than our junk and no auto dump.
Rock

X2 Rock

2016 Pinnacle 36 KPTS
2016 F350 Lariat CC LB dually 6.7
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 06:20 PM   #29

What kind of awning did you replace your Carefree awning with?
K Holbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 12:30 PM   #30

Just bought my new camper with the longitude carefree and 3rd time out the awning collapsed. This is my first power awning had 3 previous manual and they were tanks. I wish the dealer would of showed me the way to tilt them. Did some research to find out this has happened to many many many people. Which tells me they are junk. Dealer says its probably not covered under warranty. so I wait and see
Jbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 12:36 PM   #31

Welcome to the forum.

The dealer didn't show me, either. Thanks to this forum, I knew about my awning and any time there's any rain keep it tilted.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote