Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2016, 11:47 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags999 View Post
And almost 100% of the issues discussed on here have been taken care of by Jayco. Many of the issues are "expectations" that nothing will ever go wrong, that you can tow a trailer down the highway at 65 MPH over rough terrain and it should be perfect. I have NEVER purchased a PERFECT product, I don't care if it's a house or a tool. Nothing in this world is perfect if you look hard enough. Some folks just like to whine, and we have seen people who don't even own a Jayco come on here and complain, and say how great their old unit was. If it was so great, why not buy another one?

No one should accept a product that doesn't work, but a scratch on a piece of vinyl trim is not the hill to die on, sorry to burst that bubble. If anyone can point out a clear issue of Jayco screwing up and them telling you they don't care their not going to do anything about I I would love to see that communication. Jayco is not perfect, but, from personal interaction and the interaction of others I have met, they have always bent over backwards to make it right. I dare say I never had more issues than I did when I purchased 3 vans for my business from Ford, who were all screwed up and they never could make them right. Or the Chrysler van that had three transmissions in the first 15,000 miles. I won't even go into detail about the transmissions on a Saturn Vue we had, what a piece of crap that was, and, in all those cases they tried and failed to make it right and I was on my own. Had to dump those vehicles to get rid of the problems.

If a scratch on your trim is the hill you want to die on, go for it. For myself life is too short to be upset over something I can take care of in a few minutes. To each their own. I'm happy with my TT, I'm more than happy with my "online dealer" and with Jayco. I have never had to take my TT in for warranty work and, most likely would not take it to a dealer anyway, I rather use local independent repair shops, as I do for my vehicles. Cost less and less "hassle". My goal in life is to be hassle free, i'm doing ok so far. I fight like hell on big issues and smile and shake my head and fix the little ones. I'm not perfect, why would I expect anyone else to be? Heck, even Jesus couldn't please everyone.

Good Luck, and hope your problems get taken care of before the chest pains get the best of ya....life is short ya know.

Agreed, life is short. Sure some things are little and some will whine over them. Then there are the much larger and blatant lack of testing or quality control items that are in the mix. Combine the two and people get annoyed, as they should. But to sit her and justify Jayco's lack of quality control and testing is not an issue and the consumer should suck it up, is nonsense.

The dealer usually fixes them, yep they do. But the point is that's after the fact and at our despair, and higher costs to them. So all they are doing is playing numbers. Lower our standards to save money, then hope the end volume of customers who care is less, then we save.

I've even owned the cheaper passport line trailers and the bigger issues never existed, like leaking black tank, miswired brakes, loose power wires to the slide, leaking ac unit, laminate floor coming up, doors that don't shut.. My list can go on and on.

My outback trailer had 0 issues and never went back to the dealer.

It's a pain to buy a 30k item and then take it right back the next week and wait weeks to get it fixed.

So while I support your "don't sweat the small stuff" way of life, I can not support the clear lack of standards at the cost to the consumers and get over it concept. Let us take them back to Walmart then the volume of us would just disappear as we wouldn't care.

And I don't recall most that complain, where their experience was over a simple scratch on a trim piece that made them hate their purchase. Your using far left examples and simple examples in order to justify a MFG responsibility of quality control. There is a clear and present message that they just slap the crap together.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 06-07-2016, 12:29 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackermi View Post
Agreed, life is short. Sure some things are little and some will whine over them. Then there are the much larger and blatant lack of testing or quality control items that are in the mix. Combine the two and people get annoyed, as they should. But to sit her and justify Jayco's lack of quality control and testing is not an issue and the consumer should suck it up, is nonsense.

The dealer usually fixes them, yep they do. But the point is that's after the fact and at our despair, and higher costs to them. So all they are doing is playing numbers. Lower our standards to save money, then hope the end volume of customers who care is less, then we save.

I've even owned the cheaper passport line trailers and the bigger issues never existed, like leaking black tank, miswired brakes, loose power wires to the slide, leaking ac unit, laminate floor coming up, doors that don't shut.. My list can go on and on.

My outback trailer had 0 issues and never went back to the dealer.

It's a pain to buy a 30k item and then take it right back the next week and wait weeks to get it fixed.

So while I support your "don't sweat the small stuff" way of life, I can not support the clear lack of standards at the cost to the consumers and get over it concept. Let us take them back to Walmart then the volume of us would just disappear as we wouldn't care.

And I don't recall most that complain, where their experience was over a simple scratch on a trim piece that made them hate their purchase. Your using far left examples and simple examples in order to justify a MFG responsibility of quality control. There is a clear and present message that they just slap the crap together.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
If you were 100% happy with your outback, why buy a Jayco??? Must not of done any research as you know, every unit they build is nothing but junk, who's the fool ? You that bought them or, all those others that keep buying them, making them one of, if not the, best selling Rv's in the world?

Some people just enjoy complaining, not happy unless they put others (even mfg) down, perhaps to make up for some issues in their own lives. Don't like your RV, ,sell it, but another Outback, where you never had an issue. Why come online and do nothing but complain? Really? that's the most important thing in your life? If it bothers you that bad, sue Jayco, Sue your dealer and force them to take it back, after all it's just junk and they don't give a damn. Go to every newspaper, yell from the top of the tower, do whatever. I'm done replying to this thread. It's exactly why the last 15 years in business I stopped doing retail, people are nuts today. Their lives must be so pathetic, they have to attack others... very sad really. Especially since Jayco makes good on almost everything posted on here. Should it happen ? No but in a perfect world Hillary would be in Jail, Trump would of been pushing into the waste bin of history and we would have a country run by the rule of law.....but..life's not fair, people die, door stick and breakers pop.

If I was 100% happy with a product I would reward that company by buying their product, but, guess that would make me a unique. Easier to say your 100% happy with your Outback, but "Hey I'm going to buy this crap product and then go online to bitch about it".. hope it makes your day. go for it champ. I'm out of here....yea...life is too short to waste dealing with stupid people.

Old 06-07-2016, 03:27 AM   #43

I wonder what a 100% perfect in every way RV would cost that was originally $50,000 MSRP. I'm talking about what would be the adder to the $50K for the unit to have absolutely zero defects or blemishes of any kind. When I worked for a manufacturer we in sales had the option to order "table top quality" samples. These were samples that came off of the assembly line and then went into a special line for "table top quality" samples. The samples were used rarely due to their cost, but were available when needed for super particular customers. The extra cost was equal to four times the original cost.

Assuming the cost adder would be similar for RV's, who would pay $200,000 for a $50,000 RV?

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
Closed Thread

Tags
no quality control