Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-04-2019, 01:12 PM   #21

Monty...how often does your fan run?
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 03:11 PM   #22

I have never heard it run, but I have some high frequency hearing loss. If you look at the data sheet, it explains the fan behaviors.
2010 Ram 3500 4x4 long bed crew cab
2003 Royal Star Venture 1300cc
MontyRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 03:29 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyRV View Post
I have never heard it run, but I have some high frequency hearing loss. If you look at the data sheet, it explains the fan behaviors.
I have very good hearing and I never hear it run while inside and can barely hear it run when I have the basement door open. It's very quiet, IMHO.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 05:51 PM   #24

Changed the inverter out today. It took me a little over an hour and between the old one and the new on I had all the parts I needed. The cables for the old one were 2/0 so I didn't need to change them. It really went easier then I anticipated. I'm going to take the old one apart just to see what went wrong. Im pretty sure it's a coil on the transfer switch.
rogers81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 08:59 PM   #25

My 2017 375BHFS is powered by a pair of 6v batteries connected in series to get 12vdc. There is a positive and a negative that run directly from the batteries to the Xantrex Pro X 1000. The other end of the inverter has a 120vac input line that is live when the trailer is connected to shore power and another 120vac line that runs directly to the receptacle that the fridge is plugged into. There is an internal transfer switch in the inverter that switches over from the 2 feed inputs. It will send the 120v to the fridge regardless of the inverter being switched on or off. Sounds like your transfer switch failed.
The X series inverters have no charging in them. The XC ones do. I literally just got done last week swapping my X 1000 converter out for a TRUE sine wave XC 1000 only because I wanted a fully automatic charging system for those batteries when connected to shore power. THIS is the inverter Northpoint should have put in. The remote display is REALLY nice. Shows way more info on it. Surprisingly when it's running on DC it's at a mere 20% running and 35% in defrost mode. I have the Fridgidare in mine and it must be a pretty efficient fridge.
The X 1000 inverter is a modified sine wave inverter and the tech at Xantrex said since my fridge is electronic I should run a true sine wave inverter vs a modified sine wave. Modified sine wave is a little more harsh with electronics.
I got my new XC and remote panel from Hodges Marine in Florida. Shipped to my house was like $575
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190420_140157.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	49512

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190422_201342.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	49513
Lake Huron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 02:15 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Huron View Post
My 2017 375BHFS is powered by a pair of 6v batteries connected in series to get 12vdc. There is a positive and a negative that run directly from the batteries to the Xantrex Pro X 1000. The other end of the inverter has a 120vac input line that is live when the trailer is connected to shore power and another 120vac line that runs directly to the receptacle that the fridge is plugged into. There is an internal transfer switch in the inverter that switches over from the 2 feed inputs. It will send the 120v to the fridge regardless of the inverter being switched on or off. Sounds like your transfer switch failed.
The X series inverters have no charging in them. The XC ones do. I literally just got done last week swapping my X 1000 converter out for a TRUE sine wave XC 1000 only because I wanted a fully automatic charging system for those batteries when connected to shore power. THIS is the inverter Northpoint should have put in. The remote display is REALLY nice. Shows way more info on it. Surprisingly when it's running on DC it's at a mere 20% running and 35% in defrost mode. I have the Fridgidare in mine and it must be a pretty efficient fridge.
The X 1000 inverter is a modified sine wave inverter and the tech at Xantrex said since my fridge is electronic I should run a true sine wave inverter vs a modified sine wave. Modified sine wave is a little more harsh with electronics.
I got my new XC and remote panel from Hodges Marine in Florida. Shipped to my house was like $575
Attachment 49512

Attachment 49513

What did you do with the original charging system? Are you trying to charge your batteries from 2 different sources? If you did disconnect your original charging system what 12 volt powers your lights?
rogers81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 06:37 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogers81 View Post
What did you do with the original charging system? Are you trying to charge your batteries from 2 different sources? If you did disconnect your original charging system what 12 volt powers your lights?
So, from the factory my coach has 2 sets of cables going to the battery compartment area. One set goes to the main coach battery and that is what powers everything that's 12v in it. The converter has a charging system built in it.
The other set of cables comes from the Xantrex inverter and connects to the pair of 6v batteries. Those batteries are connected in series to get the 12v that goes to the Xantrex inverter that powers the residential fridge. That system has NO charging in it. A couple times a year, before we would go on a trip, I would connect my battery charger for a day or so to recharge them. The Xantrex Pro X 1000 that was installed from the factory has been replaced with a Xantrex Freedom XC 1000. The C in XC means it has a battery charger built in it. The Pro X I'm keeping for a just in case I need a quick replacement.
In the process of doing my homework and research about all this I spoke with a tech from Xantrex. He advised me the way it was wired from the factory is correct and HIGHLY advised to NOT connect it to the coach charging system due to the possibility of overloading the coach charger and making more problems (fire, etc...).
The installation of the new inverter required a little more length in the AC wires. I pulled the walls out of the basement area and traced out some wires. There is a wire that comes from the 120v breaker labeled "Fridge" and goes to a receptacle on the same wall as the breaker panel, then branches off to a receptacle in the basement and then branches off again going finally going to the AC input side of the inverter. The AC output lines goes directly to the fridge receptacle. So the fridge breaker is not only for the fridge, it feeds other receptacles also. No surprise there.
Old 06-22-2019, 11:50 AM   #28

Just a quick update for anyone interested...

Since I swapped out my X inverter for an XC model, things have become more simple.
The XC charges my two 6v batteries, connected in series, that run the fridge when plugged into shore power. It's completely automatic and tells you at what stage the charge is at.

Both batteries were at full charge when I turned the XC on. I turned the fridge on and both sides, fridge and freezer, were at a balmy 64* inside. As it was chilling down the wife packed it for a weekend trip. It was 25 hours from the time I turned the system on until we got to our destination where shore power was available. The batteries were at 11.6v and the fridge running was a 25% capacity of the batteries. So far that is the longest stretch in had the fridge run on those batteries like this. Normally I'll use shore power at the house to chill the fridge down, batteries are at full charge, then unplug and take off down the road. I'm sure chilling the fridge down eats a fair amount of power, but....

More testing on this to see how long the fridge can run off these batteries.
Old 06-22-2019, 01:55 PM   #29

Running the batteries below 12.1v isn’t all that good for them.
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 02:44 PM   #30

Wait, isn't your truck supplying 12V to inverter while driving????
-Angus
2019 F350 DRW Lariat CC Long Bed Diesel "Sheila"
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
We don't camp, we don't glamp, we LIVE.
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 04:24 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan617 View Post
Wait, isn't your truck supplying 12V to inverter while driving????
-Angus
Yes but unless the wiring has been increased to a heavier gauge and connected to the battery - it is very little charging taking place Les

Les & Sandy
2016 Seneca HJ - Scangauge D - Truma Comfort
560 watts solar - Blue Sky 3024iL -IPN ProRemote - Trojan T-105RE
Good Sam Life Member - FMCA Member - Passport America
Les7h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 06:37 PM   #32

Nope.
Mine is wired as 2 separate battery systems from the factory for some reason. When I figured out that the fridge batteries power only the fridge and are NOT being charged off the coach or truck systems, I spoke with northpoint ar never really got a straight answer out of them. So I called Xantrex and spoke with one of their techs. He advised me to NOT connect it to the truck or coach charging system due to the possibility of overload on them. He said to manually charge them or get an inverter that has a charging system in it.
So I switched out my X inverter for an XC in the same wattage but I got the XC in a TRUE sinewave instead of the MODIFIED sinewave the the X is.
Old 09-06-2023, 10:54 AM   #33

inverter swsp

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogers81 View Post
There is an automatic transfer switch in the inverter. The transfer switch in not switching from battery to shore power. The inverter is always feeding from the batteries so I'm working my charger.

I did call Xantrex and spoke to a technician he suggested I try a hard reset, turn the battery feed and the shore power feed off for 20 minutes then try it. It didn't work. He dis say that they are designed to last longer then 3 years but I must have gotten one with a defective part. Of course it waited until the regular warrenty ran out.

I now have the Xantrex Pro Series XM 1000 I am going to replace it with the Xantrex Pro Series XM 1800. We'll see how that works. Hopefully it will get here before the weekend so I can get it in for the weeken

When you swapped your xm 1000 for a xm1800 did you have to upgrade all your wiring from 14 gauge to 12 gauge? The 1800 is 20 amp.
Whitewulff47 is offline   Reply With Quote