Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-08-2015, 01:20 PM   #1

xantrex inverter control panel not working

We have a 2015 Jayco Pinnacle RSQS purchased in December 2014. Since that time, the small inverter control panel (located on an adjacent wall near the glass door containing the switches for the slide outs, various lights, etc.) will not light up or function. The dealer says they checked the inverter and everything is OK. I don't believe that everything is OK because we used to own a Jayco Greyhawk and the inverter control panel in that unit worked fine i.e., you could cycle thru the tests, and you got error messages when appropriate. Does anybody know what is wrong, or is it a stupid owner? I can't believe that Jayco would install something that is not supposed to function.

Editorial comment: Based on the three motor homes/campers we have owned, in my opinion, the motor home industry is where the domestic car industry was in about 1965 putting out junk just before Germany and Japan really got going exporting quality cars to the U.S.A. I think this industry desperately needs foreign competition.
DONALD E. ZIMMERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 01:54 PM   #2

I don't have a pinnacle, but I have the same inverter, and I've looked at a lot of 2015 Pinnacles.

If you take out the control panel from the wall and plug it directly into the inverter it would tell you if it is working or not.

The inverter, when new, comes with the panel attached where the cover plate is on the front of the inverter.
Take off the cover plate and plug the panel back in with its attached cord.

I would suspect the extension wire they used to bring the panel into the rig is faulty. Most likely a screw went through it.
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 02:00 PM   #3

How can the dealer check the inverter when you need the control panel to turn it on?

When you push the button if your on shore power it should light up green, yellow on battery and show you the voltage (12-13.8). There are a couple other functions, but I've never looked at them.

As klassic said, plug the panel directly into the inverter and see what happens.

Tags
control panel, inverter, xantrex