Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-19-2019, 06:23 AM   #1

Xantrex Question

We are snow birding for a short time in our 2018 Eagle 317RLOK and need some assistance:

Thew Xantrex, XM-1200, is in Battery Mode while connected to shore power. I believe it should be in By Pass.

I do not know how to resolve this, everything works fine unless another load switches on at the same time the fridge cycles, then the Xantrex shuts down.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Merry Christmas to all.

Don
drwnkw67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 06:29 AM   #2

The only device “on “ that runs off the inverter is the fridge. The xantrex can be switched on by the remote panel to show battery level while connected to shore power. When the RV is connected to shore power the xantrex (inverter) automatically bypasses the “draw from battery mode”. This is integral to the inverter.
Jeffur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 07:12 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffur View Post
The only device “on “ that runs off the inverter is the fridge.
Not necessarily the case. Our PINNACLE had the outlet under the kitchen cabinet also on the Inverter with the fridge. If we would forget to turn off our coffee pot, which constantly heated the water, we would have the same problem while on the road.

I had the coffee pot set up so I didn't have to take it off the counter while traveling

As Jeffur said it should automatically default to shore power. Have you checked the breaker in the panel to be sure the inverter is getting shore power? Also check the 120v input side on the inverter. Some people have mentioned loose connections there.
Old 12-19-2019, 08:15 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwnkw67 View Post
We are snow birding for a short time in our 2018 Eagle 317RLOK and need some assistance:

Thew Xantrex, XM-1200, is in Battery Mode while connected to shore power. I believe it should be in By Pass.

I do not know how to resolve this, everything works fine unless another load switches on at the same time the fridge cycles, then the Xantrex shuts down.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Merry Christmas to all.

Don
i have this same unit except its 2019. My Xantrex controls the refrigerator and the receptacle to the left of the stove above the counter top. I also had this issue and it was loose connections in the Xantrex as the wire is really tough to get into the WAGO connectors. Check and make sure you have power going to the Xantrex from the electrical panel, and check connections. If your not qualified or feel unsafe you may need to call an electrician.
Chris Wendt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 09:35 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Not necessarily the case. Our PINNACLE had the outlet under the kitchen cabinet also on the Inverter with the fridge. If we would forget to turn off our coffee pot, which constantly heated the water, we would have the same problem while on the road.

I had the coffee pot set up so I didn't have to take it off the counter while traveling

As Jeffur said it should automatically default to shore power. Have you checked the breaker in the panel to be sure the inverter is getting shore power? Also check the 120v input side on the inverter. Some people have mentioned loose connections there.
Curious how you set the coffee pot up so it stays put.
Old 12-19-2019, 09:43 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodworker View Post
Super Glue lol
Chris Wendt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 11:01 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodworker View Post
Had it attached to a Maple Cutting Board which was velcro'd to the counter. The pot went in the sink.

We use a Bunn Velocity Brew (Very similar to the type used in restaurants) water is always hot and brews in about 3 minutes,

https://www.amazon.com/BUNN-CSB3T-Pl...6774697&sr=8-4
Old 12-19-2019, 12:34 PM   #8

Quote:
Had it attached to a Maple Cutting Board which was velcro'd to the counter. The pot went in the sink.

We use a Bunn Velocity Brew (Very similar to the type used in restaurants) water is always hot and brews in about 3 minutes,

https://www.amazon.com/BUNN-CSB3T-Pl...6774697&sr=8-4
Nifty idea thank you. Sounds better than un- boxing an re-boxing every trip.
Thank you
Old 12-20-2019, 06:39 AM   #9

Thanks for the advice, I will check the WAGO connectors. Hope this rectifies the issue.
I will post results,
Don
Old 12-20-2019, 11:52 AM   #10

That rubberized shelf liner works great for keeping things from sliding around during travel. We have a large heavy cutting board that stays on the kitchen counter 24/7. We cut some of that shelf liner and place that under the cutting board. It's never moved in 7 years. We also have a piece under a paper towel holder that sits on the counter as well.
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 06:03 AM   #11

I had to re-seat the AC out Neutral wire in the WAGO, it had not been fully inserted and locked down.

The ground wire was iffy also, the hot wire was solid. As soon as I restarted the Xantrex all was well again.

Thanks for all the comments and a Merry Christmas to all.

Keep Christ in Christmas!!

Don
Old 12-21-2019, 06:53 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwnkw67 View Post
I had to re-seat the AC out Neutral wire in the WAGO, it had not been fully inserted and locked down.

The ground wire was iffy also, the hot wire was solid. As soon as I restarted the Xantrex all was well again.

Thanks for all the comments and a Merry Christmas to all.

Keep Christ in Christmas!!

Don
Old 12-21-2019, 08:02 AM   #13

Coffee pot

Quote:

We started using the Cuisinart DGB-650BC Grind and Bew coffee maker. The beauty of this is it is only drawing power for about five minutes then completely shuts OFF..... Brews up into a thermos carafe... We always bring along our favorite bottled water to insure the same great taste we like...

Google image

Our backup coffee making mode is using a 12VDC coffee bean grinder and stove top Coleman Percolator that probably all campers have...

Google image

Roy Ken
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 08:53 AM   #14

Agree with Grumpy. Seams like most items in a RV, everything is unique. My dealer stated "everything" is powered by the inverter, not so, as I can not watch TV by can make a cup of coffee. You need to test everything to find your power.

Good Luck

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 05:57 PM   #15
DGW

Lots to check out unfortunately, and hope my comments are not too convoluted. On our 2018 317RLOK, the inverter wiring was all messed up, details below, but the main thing related to your issue is that there are too many outlets running off the same 15amp breaker which receives power from the inverter. Inside Fridge, island outlets, and the outlet next to the stove - but the biggest joke of all is that the outside fridge is also on that same circuit. If both fridges are running, I couldn't run anything else on that circuit without tripping a breaker. The outside fridge has its own dedicated outlet and once I unplugged it from there and plugged it into one of the other outlets in the outdoor kitchen all my problems ceased. All that being said, I've included a summary of my other inverter issues below...

No power to the indoor fridge when connected to battery power. Shore power worked fine. Then, under shore power the fridge and ac outlet next to it quit working. Took to shop and the inverter had been wired backwards and had been arcing. Replaced inverter and added second battery and fridge starts working off battery.....until it and the outlet died again. Back to the shop we go. This time it was determined that the wire connectors inside the inverter were not adequate for 14 gauge cables and were not staying seated...more arcing. Dealer had to replace with 12 gauge. Failed again a few days later and the ground wire had to be replaced. Once ALL of these things were resolved, the inside fridge worked while on the road.
DGW is offline   Reply With Quote