Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-02-2015, 11:54 AM   #11

What more do you want to know, RoyBraddy?

dalengail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 12:06 PM   #12

Haha... The long and short of this cryptic conversation is Dale could have practically driven another very popular brand right off the factory floor and probably could have it worked on for free if there was any problems, but chose to buy a Jayco.
It sort of makes me feel better about my choice. Maybe Jayco is as good as I've been reading about all these years.
This is my first Jayco after having 2 of the same SOB's
So far so good.

klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 12:20 PM   #13

SOB's = some other brand?
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 12:28 PM   #14

klassic, you are absolutely correct about taking any unit off the factory floor. I could have bought one for factory cost! And yes, could have had factory warranty repairs for a long time. But, as you briefly mentioned, we was practically doing that, anyway. After all, your unit was 2.5 years out of warranty.

Every brand from every manufacturer has their good and bad points and features. That is why there are so many brands and manufacturers. It's competition.

However, I honestly believe that we have the best of all world's with our Jayco products. They have been in business 2 and 3 times longer than most of the other manufactures out there. Are there things that I would change on the Pinnacle? You bet! I'd really rather have the 6 point hydraulic leveling system but, this electric will do.

So far, the several little issues that we have found and had repaired on this Pinnacle have not cost me one red cent! That is as it should be!!! That is all I have ever asked of the brands we have ever bought and, in my working days, that is how I wanted to treat the retail customer. Because, I was one back then, too.
Old 12-02-2015, 01:16 PM   #15
Site Team

dalengail, I wish you were my neighbor! Thanks for an entertaining thread.

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 02:04 PM   #16

Glad that was cleared up! I thought this was going to be like a TV series that got canceled before anyone knew what was going on!
Old 12-02-2015, 02:39 PM   #17

SmokerBill, that is correct.

To all of you who have participated in this thread, there is a little more to it than that and, perhaps it is time to "spill the beans" and wind this thread down.

Please understand that my intent is to NOT bash any other brands throughout this thread. It simply turns out that klassic correctly determined that I was once the retail customer support rep for Forest River Cedar Creek. That happened from May of 2009 until I retired on the first of November of 2011. My superiors determined that, since I was a retail customer, even though it was for an SOB, I might be able to do the job of doing whatever it took to retain Cedar Creek customers but, in a way that I didn't give away the farm unless there was a darn good reason. I usually managed to get their blessing on more severe cases. I had many , many rewarding experiences! And, some.....not so much. But, all good things for various reasons, sometimes do come to an end. I simply aquired "burn-out" for the most part.

Thus, my previous statement. I have nothing to hide and no regrets. Gail and I are both retired now, and have done some traveling over the last 3 or 4 years. Both with and without the RV. Now, since we have this big beautiful Jayco, we intend to use it more for our travels and hopefully bump into some of you fine folks......who knows where!
Old 12-02-2015, 03:15 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
Glad that was cleared up! I thought this was going to be like a TV series that got canceled before anyone knew what was going on!

Doc,
Do you mean like 'Lost'? A few years back.. They sure had me 'lost' on that show!