Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-03-2020, 08:00 PM   #341

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETCrockett View Post
I feel your pain! We had reservations in Brown County next weekend and now we have to reschedule! Camping is safer than being in any retail store or restaurant!

But it employs less people and brings in less tax revenue.

That being said, I have a feeling people in this forum are more capable of camping and maintaining proper physical distancing. It doesn't make sense to not open up Campgrounds when other things are opening up.

Colby
Eastern Ontario, Canada
2018 Jayco 212QB
2020 Ford F150 SuperCrew
colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 08:03 PM   #342

Quote:
Originally Posted by raurand View Post
i cant help but wonder if the real reason the governors are keeping their states in a "state of emergency" is so they can get lots of federal money. ( which comes fron us the taxpayer anyway).
Bullseye!

New York's 2020 budget gap was $9 billion before pandemic (now at $14 billion) will keep "State of Emergency" going in order to get Federal money to bail them out. I also see that playbook being used in Michigan.
1996 Viking Pop-up
1979 Coleman 8 man cabin tent
1967 G.I Joe (hasbro) canvas pup tent
THE MEEKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 10:51 AM   #343

Quote:
Originally Posted by colby View Post
But it employs less people and brings in less tax revenue.

That being said, I have a feeling people in this forum are more capable of camping and maintaining proper physical distancing. It doesn't make sense to not open up Campgrounds when other things are opening up.
What about all the other people that aren't on this forum?
So far it seems like when some new area like beaches are opened up it's a mass gathering. I think the same would be true for camping.
Sadly there's just too many that don't think rules apply to them.
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 10:56 AM   #344

Quote:
Originally Posted by goducks View Post
What about all the other people that aren't on this forum? So far it seems like when some new area like beaches are opened up it's a mass gathering. I think the same would be true for camping.
We've been in many RV parks since this disaster and EVERYONE is respecting each other's space. We are full timer's and have noticed a huge respect from our fellow campers.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 11:02 AM   #345

Quote:
What about all the other people that aren't on this forum?
So far it seems like when some new area like beaches are opened up it's a mass gathering. I think the same would be true for camping.
Sadly sheep follow rules even when they don't make sense... let level 3 se% offenders out but put people who don't wear a facemask in jail.. makes perfect sense to me...
curver900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 11:19 AM   #346

Quote:
Originally Posted by curver900 View Post
Sadly sheep follow rules even when they don't make sense... let level 3 se% offenders out but put people who don't wear a facemask in jail.. makes perfect sense to me...
LOL maybe where you are. No one here is going to jail or being let out. Must State by state thing.
Old 05-04-2020, 09:24 PM   #347

CA Emperor Newsom ..........

My wife and I both have “Essential” jobs. She can work from home, I have to go in to the factory 4 out of 5 days weekly. We are so tired of the Quarantine situation we had to get out. In CA all the state parks, fishing season and anything that allows you to get away is closed. We have a local KOA that is huge with over 500 sites. They closed some things like putt putt golf and pickle ball. But we weren’t the only campers looking to get away. This park was about 3/4 full and EVERYBODY was respectful. It was a really nice weekend. I have no idea why closing campgrounds even makes sense.

Thank you, all you private CG owners and operators. We appreciate it!!!

Gone Fishing!
SIGPIC
Nathan S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 10:55 PM   #348

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
We've been in many RV parks since this disaster and EVERYONE is respecting each other's space. We are full timer's and have noticed a huge respect from our fellow campers.

The current scenario at campgrounds is a little different than usual. No public facilities like showers or washrooms limits the demographics of who is using the campgrounds. It's not the unwashed masses (pun intended). Also, it is early for a lot of casual campers who most likely go camping starting around Memorial Day for the odd weekend until the big season hits in July once school is over.

The pictures I've seen from this past weekend from the New York parks (a state that has been hit the hardest), and beaches in both California and Florida don't give me much hope that once the opportunity arises people are capable of restraint.

My hope is my doubts are proven wrong.

Colby
Eastern Ontario, Canada
2018 Jayco 212QB
2020 Ford F150 SuperCrew
colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 11:44 PM   #349

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
I find RV parks in general to have more well behaved campers. My guess is that from the ones I've been in are more structured than your typical dry forest service CG or state park. Can't pull into your spot and start throwing firewood out the back of your truck and play loud music and tell those that complain that I paid for my spot and I can do what I want.
RV parks remind me of neighborhoods with HOA's.
Old 05-05-2020, 01:24 PM   #350

North Dakota's state parks are opening on May 9th. It sounds like no showers but the vault toilets will be available. We are fully self contained so I won't be using any of the park facilities. We can't actually go out until May 16th but we are sure getting the camper ready. I love this time of year!
Riich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 02:27 PM   #351

Quote:
I find RV parks in general to have more well behaved campers. My guess is that from the ones I've been in are more structured than your typical dry forest service CG or state park. Can't pull into your spot and start throwing firewood out the back of your truck and play loud music and tell those that complain that I paid for my spot and I can do what I want.
RV parks remind me of neighborhoods with HOA's.
My experience is in observing how things are managed. WI state parks, at least before they laid off all the rangers, was that people were well behaved and respectful. There was zero tolerance for the loud party campers which was one of the reasons we loved the state parks so much. We haven't camped in a WI state park for a while and we've heard that without the rangers it's not a civil as it used to be. They are bringing back the rangers so things will get back to where they were.

We were sour on private facilities for many years simply because of all the party parks. A lot of owners simply don't care what goes on as long as people paid. However we've also found many private facilities that simply don't tolerate the non-sense and those are the places we spend our money.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 05:06 PM   #352

I like reading about states that are opening their campgrounds. Since states usually do as others do, maybe Indiana will follow suit. We had a short time open this spring and then they got closed. Some of the things I saw people doing during that time you'd think they never heard of the coronavirus. Idiots.
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 05:18 PM   #353
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by colby View Post
The pictures I've seen from this past weekend from the New York parks (a state that has been hit the hardest), and beaches in both California and Florida don't give me much hope that once the opportunity arises people are capable of restraint.

My hope is my doubts are proven wrong.
Maybe it's because those people think these draconian "rules" are unfair, unjust, unlawful and unconstitutional, and refuse to be cooped up in their homes like animals?
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 05:24 PM   #354
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by curver900 View Post
The sad part is how the "sheep" just follow along, without even questioning the logic of any of these restrictions... Doesn't give me much faith in the human race to step up in times of trouble or attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan S. View Post
My wife and I both have “Essential” jobs. She can work from home, I have to go in to the factory 4 out of 5 days weekly. We are so tired of the Quarantine situation we had to get out. In CA all the state parks, fishing season and anything that allows you to get away is closed. We have a local KOA that is huge with over 500 sites. They closed some things like putt putt golf and pickle ball. But we weren’t the only campers looking to get away. This park was about 3/4 full and EVERYBODY was respectful. It was a really nice weekend. I have no idea why closing campgrounds even makes sense.

Thank you, all you private CG owners and operators. We appreciate it!!!
My state is still locked up solid, so we escaped over to PA and went camping for a few days, since their campgrounds opened. They also had closed some of the CG activities on site, which makes zero sense. But otherwise, all the campers there were respectful and kept to their own business. There was ZERO reasons to close any campgrounds (and many other places), but our elected officials know what's best for us....
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 06:15 PM   #355

Good news sorta. Oregons opening some boat ramps and other day use areas. It's a slow start but at least theres starting to be some light at the end of the tunnel.
Hopefully by mid June we are getting close to normal camping.

https://www.oregonlive.com/travel/20...to-follow.html
Old 05-05-2020, 06:56 PM   #356

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredOne View Post
Maybe it's because those people think these draconian "rules" are unfair, unjust, unlawful and unconstitutional, and refuse to be cooped up in their homes like animals?
Unfortunately, the “draconian “ rules are in place to protect the innocent people from the idiots who don’t care about anyone they might harm. Personally, I don’t care if all those folks who packed beaches and parks and protest rallies infect themselves. But they also interact with me, my kids, my grandkids and my elderly neighbors and very likely put us in danger. If preventing that is unfair, well, sorry.
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 07:09 PM   #357
Site Team

Moderator's Note:

Just a reminder everyone. Let's keep this on topic. Remember, this thread is about campgrounds closing due to the COVID-19 situation. Please try and keep it heading in that direction and free of political and/or controversial statements or topics.

Midnightmoon

Site-Team
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 03:43 PM   #358
Moderator Emeritus

MICHIGAN DNR - Detailed Information Sources (updated frequently):

DNR Response to COVID-19:

https://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,...458---,00.html

DNR Frequently Asked Questions related to DNR facilities, activities, Governor's Executive Order, and COVID-19:

https://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,...926---,00.html

DNR Closures (Unrelated to COVID-19):

https://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,...781---,00.html

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 03:49 PM   #359

Can't remember if this was posted on this forum or elsewhere but very useful and updated almost daily - from ARVC - National Association of RV Parks and Carmpgrounds. https://arvc-my.sharepoint.com/:x:/g...me=mXhTPXrS10g

Updates on each state as it pertains to campgrounds/parks
2018 North Point 377RLBH, Roadmaster Comfort Ride, Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension, Flexair 21k Pinbox, Victron MultiPlus II 2x120v 12v, power distribution, solar controller, smart shunt, 1000w of solar panels, 4 Lifepo4 200ah batteries
2017 Ford F350 Lariat CC DRW LB 6.7, Air Lift 7500XL with Air Lift dual channel wireless
bill3kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 06:02 PM   #360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustic Eagle View Post
MICHIGAN DNR - Detailed Information Sources (updated frequently):

DNR Response to COVID-19:

https://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,...458---,00.html

DNR Frequently Asked Questions related to DNR facilities, activities, Governor's Executive Order, and COVID-19:

https://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,...926---,00.html

DNR Closures (Unrelated to COVID-19):

https://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,...781---,00.html

Bob
LOL. I was trying to figure out how DNR had anything to do with campgrounds.
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote