Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-18-2020, 12:59 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shackrat View Post
I live here in upstate New York. Like virtually everyone, we are in a state of partial lockdown. NYS has closed or delayed opening all of its State Campgrounds until at least early May.

But private campgrounds are still considered essential and are being allowed to open. There are several private campgrounds (including KOAs) that are open or opening within the next couple weeks.

In some ways this makes sense as it allows families to continue to socially distance themselves from others while getting some outdoor recreation and a badly needed change of scenery. On the other hand, going camping seems like a contradiction to the state’s shelter in place mandate.

Locally, and I’m sure this is true most anywhere, there has been a movement to support local businesses such as grocery stores and restaurants. I do not see why campgrounds should be excluded from this.

So my question to fellow New Yorkers, or those who are under similar restrictions, what do you plan to do?

Stay in and shelter or support small business campground owners who are allowed to open for the season?

It’s a quandary for me.

We summer at Pleasant Lake camp ground located in Oswego county NY they just announced they are not allowed to open until May 15th he also said they were applying for Essential status so the could possibly open earlier... so I’m confused with what your saying about all private campgrounds can open?
Vettnut69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 01:02 PM   #42

Im going camping for sure.
Choppered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 01:27 PM   #43

Campgrounds

We are all going to get this. It is all about managing health and hospital resources. Tests are showing in Massachusetts, Chicago and now California, that 30% of people walking around have active covid without symptoms, even more have had covid, recovered and don't even know they have it and then there is the group who have it currently and know it. Between all three groups the percentages are near the herd immunity limits. Course each area is a bit different. Bottom line, we are all going to get this. Everyone should be wearing a mask because so many are infected and don't know it. We should be confining all at risk above age 70 and those immune compromised, because they are the group at risk of dying and using medical resources. Until today there were no deaths under age 20 in Virginia, one just showed up today. 25% of all deaths here were from one nursing home in Richmond. There is almost no risk of dying under the age of 70, more risk of dying from the flu unless you basically aren't healthy.

Bottom line...go camping. It will be good for your health and mental well being.

brandsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 01:41 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraftonGuns View Post
Shackrat, Yeah, I'm from the great Northeast, upstate NY as well. So today Gov. Cuomo has mandated that starting this Friday 4/17/20 it will now be MANDATORY to wear face protection whenever you are out in the public. As far as opening State campgrounds is up in the air. I'm seasonal in VT. And they will not open until May 16th.....

You're not quite right on the mask issue. From https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/no-...ster-emergency

"Effective at 8 p.m. on Friday, April 17, 2020 any individual who is over age two and able to medically tolerate a face-covering shall be required to cover their nose and mouth with a mask or cloth face-covering when in a public place and unable to maintain, or when not maintaining, social distance."

6' being the determining factor.
pitman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 01:49 PM   #45

Self contained-home in the road

We headed out on April 1 and are traveling around in our RV. We Stay self contained. No using public facilities. We don’t interact with anyone unless at grocery or gas so it’s no different then if we were at home but we get a different view every couple of days. It has made it tolerable.
DesAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 03:47 PM   #46

I know there are full-time RVers who need the space. We don't and, as much as I'd enjoy some time in the trees or by a lake, we're staying home and leaving the space for those who need it.
ltnunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 04:30 PM   #47

Camping now. Everything is fine. Just use your head. Couldn’t wait any longer.
bobsamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 04:44 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltnunes View Post
I know there are full-time RVers who need the space. We don't and, as much as I'd enjoy some time in the trees or by a lake, we're staying home and leaving the space for those who need it.

They do, but I saw no shortage of space for those who want it. Between private and state parks we could’ve stayed out another week. Depends on the region I’m sure, but in these parts, there’s options. May be slim pickings in other areas.

For a general travel report.... I saw a number of RV’s on the road today. A mix of “full time” type fancy A’s to single axle travel trailers. Stopped at a rest stop and parked near a couple state troopers having a chat. Not a word was said to me. Saw diesel for $1.99 at a large QT. Loves Truck stop was $2.08. Be careful if you go. Wear a mask and wash hands to protect others.
2022 Chevy 3000HD Dmax
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 05:01 PM   #49

We plan on making a couple of day trips along Lake Erie where there are parking areas and enjoy lunch and dinner just to relieve the boredom of staying at home.
joe w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 06:04 PM   #50

Pennsylvania Guvnor says if you are full time you can camp. If not full timer..... no.
BUT, we are allowed to fish. So, if I woulda got stopped, We are going fishin.
Attached Thumbnails
20200418_195033.jpg   20200418_195325.jpg   20200418_195708.jpg  

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 06:27 PM   #51

Ohio State Park

We were cancelled out of our April 24-28 OH State Park reservation, earliest reservation is May 17. As far as private campgrounds.... given this is Ohio, poor weather in general and next to being mostly boring, it’s not the Mecca of private campgrounds. I could try a search in private grounds but past experience showed most privates are booked fully by seasonal guests.
JDug66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 07:38 AM   #52

I have camping plans Mothers Day weekend somewhere near Gardiner, NY Thinking do I need a mask at my fire pit?
lrhogusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 07:58 AM   #53

Not sure yogi will be open by mothers day. I keep getting emails from them but i have to call to figure it out.
Old 04-19-2020, 09:18 AM   #54

A friend of mine just came back over a week ago and said it was a royal PITA getting back from FL. Then had to self quarenteen for 14 days entering Mass. The question is how are things going to develop and play out. Personally, I have two elderly late eighty parents to care for so I'm staying put for now.

2014 Ram Dually 6.7 Diesel
2016 North Point 375BHFS
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 09:53 AM   #55

I’d go in a heart beat as long as your planning on using social distance, mask up and gloves if you need to go do shopping and such. Use common sense. This is not something to mess around with.
Be smart, be safe, and wash your hands !
2015 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab, Traded in
Bluegill1
bluegill1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 05:00 PM   #56
crl

Planning ahead for some RV time.

We found out today that one of our area campgrounds is planning on opening the last day of April. It is located on an area lake with large campsite allowing for adequate distancing and the ability to follow all health recommendations. We made reservations for the second week of May hoping things will continue to improve. Reservations for the campground are quickly being snapped up.

Still hoping conditions will improve for everyone’s sake. We still have reservations for the summer and are hopeful we will be able to travel, but we support and follow recommended heath practices.

Planning ahead with a positive attitude, hoping and praying for the heath and safety of our nation.
crl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 05:19 PM   #57

Longview is where? Can you save us a spot?
JDug66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 06:17 AM   #58

We're upstate NY as well (lake George region) but we boon dock at a private area. As soon as it's warm enough were gone. The field is approx 60 miles north and unless there's an event, there's would only be a handful of us there. We need camping therapy bad.
PhilC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 06:22 AM   #59
crl

Where is Longview

East Texas 2 hours west of Dallas. I’ll save you a spot but it will cost you a good craft beer. (Lol)
crl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 07:51 AM   #60

Are the LG campgrounds opening may 1?