Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-03-2020, 09:35 PM   #301
Site Team

Moderator's Note:

This is probably a good time to remind all of our members of a couple of specific considerations when posting in this temporary COVID-19 section of the forum.

First, please take a look at the original guidelines posted by Administration when this section was created.

New forum for Covid-19 Topics - README

Please read carefully:

Because of the very high interest and posting activity regarding COVID-19, the site team has established this temporary new forum to contain all threads related to this topic. We have moved existing threads on this topic to this new forum and will continue to move posts and new threads to this area of the forum, regardless of where they were initially posted.

All Community Rules will be strictly enforced in this forum. Posts in violation of the rules may be deleted without notification based on the judgment of the moderators. In addition, posts that exhibit fear-mongering or other anti-social behavior may result in the author’s posting privileges being restricted. Please be especially cautious about posting politically charged content and be sure to report problem posts.

There has been a lot of very useful information and perspective shared here on this topic, but unfortunately also a good bit that doesn't align with forum rules. Please respect your fellow members by thinking through this before posting:

- Is it true?
- Is it helpful?
- Is it kind?

If you have any questions about this, feel free to message any moderator.

Wishing good health to all,
The Moderator Team

P.S. Now go wash your hands!

The announcement may be found in its original location here.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...dme-74497.html

Second, please review our community rules.

Please pay particular attention to these specific sections.

- Do not engage in personal attacks. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Excessive sarcasm, extreme belligerence, insults, profanity, extreme anger, offensive comments about race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, and national origin, are not acceptable.

- Do not post libelous remarks or directly misleading information.

- Stay on topic by keeping discussions relevant and on track.

- Public discussion about moderation or moderator decisions is not allowed. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact the moderator concerned. Do not repost deleted material.

A complete copy of our Community Rules may be found here.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...ork&page=rules

Please be mindful of these announcements as we continue forward.

Midnightmoon

Site-Team
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 08:31 AM   #302
Site Team

Copied from another forum. It may be helpful for fulltimers

campgroundreviews.com is now compiling lists of rv parks that are verified closed due the crisis. When you do a state or local search for a campground, you can filter out those that have been closed. If they get this feature up to date it may prove useful if any of the full timers need to move or relocate, etc. I suggest you register for an account to see all the park features and full reviews, etc.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 07:26 PM   #303

Well I made reservations at a local state park here in Indiana for last Sunday thru this Friday. A whole week camping! Got to my site yesterday. Today at 2:30 Governor Holcomb closed all DNR campgrounds so I had to hightail it out of there after 1 night. Actually I could have stayed 1 more night but I didn't see the point plus it"s supposed to rain tomorrow morning. It sucks but I understand. So all state run campgrounds are closed in Indiana.
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 07:42 PM   #304

Yes I received a cancellation for an April reservation I had. Am I sad, yes. Is it the end of the world not being able to go RVing, well, no. There are far more important things in life than sleeping in our rig.

I expect my reservation for May will be cancelled and I will accept that without any malice. I believe that health and well being are more important than roasting marshmallows at the fire. I do miss getting together with the entire family when we all go out together but I am glad to give it up to keep them healthy.

Yesterday I was out in my rig exercising the generator (don't forget to do this every month!!!). It was almost like camping (maybe I am imagining things here).

In my opinion the only people that should be in campgrounds are the full time RVers. They have no choice in the matter. I really feel for them. The rest of us should be willing to wait a bit to be able to recreate. After all, every other source of recreation is being shut down. Why should we be special?

Jim

Retired electronic technician (45 years in the field)
2017 Greyhawk 29W (solar & many other mods)
wife (maybe I should have given her top billing)
JimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 09:18 PM   #305

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCNashville View Post
Well I made reservations at a local state park here in Indiana for last Sunday thru this Friday. A whole week camping! Got to my site yesterday. Today at 2:30 Governor Holcomb closed all DNR campgrounds so I had to hightail it out of there after 1 night. Actually I could have stayed 1 more night but I didn't see the point plus it"s supposed to rain tomorrow morning. It sucks but I understand. So all state run campgrounds are closed in Indiana.

As of today: "All Indiana campgrounds are now also closed."
There is exceptions are for permanent year round residents.
Old 04-07-2020, 05:29 AM   #306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauls72 View Post
As of today: "All Indiana campgrounds are now also closed."
There is exceptions are for permanent year round residents.
Yes I read that as well and that's good for those people. I was speaking to a woman who was a full time camper and had 2 week reservations at various campgrounds around the state all summer. She had no home base and spends the winters down in Florida. This conversation took place before I found out the campgrounds were closing and I found myself wondering what she was going to do.
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 07:47 AM   #307

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post

campgroundreviews.com is now compiling lists of rv parks that are verified closed due the crisis. When you do a state or local search for a campground, you can filter out those that have been closed. If they get this feature up to date it may prove useful if any of the full timers need to move or relocate, etc. I suggest you register for an account to see all the park features and full reviews, etc.
As managers of a campground, I was happy to have these folks call and ask our status. Unfortunately it’s likely going to be obsolete info as state guidance changes daily. Closed certainly means closed but open means maybe.
Stingray75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 07:54 AM   #308

Texas State Parks Closing

Governor Abbott just announced closure of the Texas state parks and historic sites
Daniel3359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 08:12 AM   #309
Site Team

I believe I would assume that all government camp sites are now or will soon be unavailable and that private cg's will be open as long as some local reg changes that. I think this will be just another tool for full timers to use.

Personally, I would not be camping until this thing is under control but full timers have to have a place to hang their sewer hose!
Gator roll-up bed cover
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
Old 04-07-2020, 02:50 PM   #310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray75 View Post
As managers of a campground, I was happy to have these folks call and ask our status. Unfortunately it’s likely going to be obsolete info as state guidance changes daily. Closed certainly means closed but open means maybe.
We have a trip to a private CG in WI coming up in mid May. I don't expect Stay-at-Home to fully lifted by then, but I suspect some stuff will be allowed. I did a bunch of digging this morning and found that RV parks are considered essential businesses in WI. I suspect that the restrooms, rec room, and lounge will be closed, as will tent sites and their cabins.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 03:11 PM   #311
Site Team

Our club had a Campout scheduled in May at Mayberry Cg in Mt Airy, NC. We cancelled but they said they are considered an essential business and are open for business.
Gator roll-up bed cover
Old 04-11-2020, 12:12 AM   #312
Site Team

New York State Parks will not open now until at least May 14th. All reservations made for camping before that date are cancelled, and refunds will be made. This is from an email I received a few hours ago.

"Dear Camper:

Due to the current global health crisis, unfortunately we will be closing our campgrounds to overnight stays today through May 14, 2020. We will cancel your reservation(s) with a full refund. There is nothing else you need to do at this time. This process may take several days/weeks so please be patient with your refund. As we navigate ahead, we will continue to post updates on future camping stays via https://newyorkstateparks.reserveamerica.com, www.parks.ny.gov, and New York State Department of Environmental Conservation.

While the camping portion of our park will be closed, we encourage you to visit our parks for brief nature breaks. If you do decide to visit, please be respectful to all our visitors and practice social distancing.

For now, we wish you and your family all to be healthy and safe during this difficult time. For more information on the State’s response please visit: https://parks.ny.gov/covid19/ and NY's Outdoors Are Open - NYS Dept. of Environmental Conservation.

New York State Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation
New York State Department of Environmental Conservation"

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 06:22 AM   #313

I am getting regular updates from KOA on closures and/or staying opening. Ocracoke Island off NC is closed because residents there do not want visitors. Period. Most national parks are closed because people are getting too close and now our state of Michigan has become a draconian state and it is unbearable. I am sorry this pisses people off but I cannot stay confined. I have panic attacks, claustrophobia and anxiety attacks that I can keep under control but not in the last month.Good luck to those who can't be locked up. Happy Easter.
spark of insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 10:38 AM   #314

I’m sorry for your loss, it’s a bad situation when you can’t have a funeral, we have friends that have lost family that can’t seem to find closure.
Old 04-11-2020, 11:43 AM   #315

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
I think during times like these it would be prudent to cut back on unnecessary items. Adults do not need an excess amount of milk.
Thank you for your concern but I'm 57 years old and drink a lot of milk. I climb 105' ladders and first in on structure fires. My health is good.
mharrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 03:29 PM   #316

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
We have a trip to a private CG in WI coming up in mid May. I don't expect Stay-at-Home to fully lifted by then, but I suspect some stuff will be allowed. I did a bunch of digging this morning and found that RV parks are considered essential businesses in WI. I suspect that the restrooms, rec room, and lounge will be closed, as will tent sites and their cabins.
Then the counties step in to announce all campgrounds are to remain closed thru mid May. So much for essential 🤯
Stingray75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 04:49 AM   #317

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tg310 View Post
Good morning all,
Has anyone heard of campgrounds closing due to this mess. Im on Long Island and its mass hysteria!

Thanks
Tom
2017 Jayco Eagle HT 29.5BHDS
Here in Texas, yes, they are closed. Got this from the Texas State Park System:
At the direction of Gov. Greg Abbott, Texas State Parks are closed to the public effective Tuesday, April 7 in order to maintain the safest environment for visitors, volunteers and staff. All reservations during the closure will be refunded, and future reservations are suspended until further notice. Check TexasStateParks.org for updates on the status of parks.
Spaceguy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 07:04 AM   #318

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray75 View Post
Then the counties step in to announce all campgrounds are to remain closed thru mid May. So much for essential 🤯
Bummer. So far where we're going they haven't done that. Technically travel is banned also until the 26th. We'll see. The numbers for WI are starting to taper off. We nay have hit the peak late last week. I have high hopes that some restrictions will be lifted by early May.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 07:11 AM   #319

Sometimes you will read that Governors wi close state parks, But, private campgrounds can remain open as essential. Just bathroom facilities, playgrounds etc will be closed so you want to be self contained.

https://www.pacamping.com/covid-19-update-april-3-2020

However, you do want to call and check 1st.

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 08:19 AM   #320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel3359 View Post
Governor Abbott just announced closure of the Texas state parks and historic sites
Yeah, that was disappointing as we all know how far apart RV camp sites are in Texas parks. Plenty of room. We typically book once a month at a different state park. When we got the notice that our reservations at Lake Bob Sandlin park was cancelled my wife found out that Oklahoma state parks were till opened.

We booked a weekend easily at one of the many beautiful parks at Lake Murray in southern OK. Turned out to be a closer drive than out to east Texas for Bob Sandlin.

It was really nice and quiet, something we appreciate after living in the 'big city' area between Dallas/Ft. Worth! Also very few other campers or boats on the lake. Quite peaceful, even with some Saturday evening rain.

We will definitely return to Lake Murray.
Attached Thumbnails
Cedar-Cove-campsite.jpg  
Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
--
Click_here is offline   Reply With Quote