Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-20-2020, 06:18 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
I am not going to throw stones but I do have to ask, why would anyone with those symptoms go anywhere but home to isolate until you know for sure? The infected leave a "trail" of infection for anyone walking through that
As I said...my employment is a bit different than others & I'm considered essential! Welcome to the US Government! I asked if I should come to work before having my results and I was told...absolutely! There's no reason for you not to come to work.

However...you missed the point! All I was giving was my experience. If you want to know why I went to work...then you'll have to ask my supervisor! Good luck with that, as I've asked if I need a "clean" COVID test to come back to work and I've been told nope...just have to wait the 14 days! So your problem is with the system, not with me! I just do as I'm told! Thanks for making COVID that much more pleasant!
Old 11-20-2020, 06:36 PM   #42
CAG

I appreciate you "experience". My job was essential also, as are five of my family members who are LE. None would be required to come to work under those circumstances and in-fact would be not allowed to come to work.

Again, sorry you got it, I understand some circumstances but it actually sounds like your supervisors dropped the ball. Not your fault. Don't get upset. I am not picking on anyone.

Let me add a PS here: I oversaw a department of 450 employees. If one had those symptoms I would have removed that person from duty.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 06:38 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
I appreciate you "experience". My job was essential also, as are five of my family members who are LE. None would be required to come to work under those circumstances and in-fact would be not allowed to come to work.

Again, sorry you got it, I understand some circumstances but it actually sounds like your supervisors dropped the ball. Not your fault. Don't get upset. I am not picking on anyone.
Like I said..."welcome to your United States Government", where everyone is afraid of their shadow...let alone making the right decision!
Old 11-20-2020, 07:00 PM   #44
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookemdanno View Post
Like I said..."welcome to your United States Government", where everyone is afraid of their shadow...let alone making the right decision!

If there was a "like" button I would hit it here.

Old 11-20-2020, 08:06 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookemdanno View Post
Glad you're feeling better Dan.
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 08:22 PM   #46
Site Team

I hope you make a full and complete recovery Dan. You are indeed essential, and when a LEO goes out on medical, it's not like there's someone from the temp agency that can fill your shoes. It's more and more OT, and that gets old quickly for the officers left on shift. Been there in a slightly different capacity. Get better soon!

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 01:39 PM   #47

Sorry to hear you got the virus, Dan, but glad you are on the mend. The symptoms seem to vary with every person, but it’s nothing to mess with. Glad you were able to get your trip in earlier this summer while healthy!
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 03:13 PM   #48

Covid-19

Dan... thanks for the first hand account. In my circle it’s hard to find those that aren’t second or third hand, which I’m thankful for. Glad you’re on the mend. I feel like it’s only a matter of time for me. I’m essential as well. Nothing as noble as yourself, but I have to go to work.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 04:34 PM   #49

Thanks for all the well wishes! I bought myself a new rifle today as my “I beat COVID” prize.
Old 11-21-2020, 05:03 PM   #50

Glad you recovered!
Here in Ontario Canada our rate is lower than the US but that said people are still ending up in the ICU with this damn virus!
Border still closed. So no snow birding for us!
So far our family has avoided it Thank goodness!
Take care everyone!

RoadrunnerII

TV 2016 F250 Crew Sterling Gray SB 6.7 PS airlift ultimate Air bags
2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
RoadrunnerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 06:33 PM   #51

Another site for COVID-19 information. This is from CNN and provides Johns Hopkins data at the county level. Data provided:cases, deaths and percentage.
Jim Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 11:00 AM   #52

This is a state by state with travel restrictions.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/u...-19/index.html
spark of insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 04:14 PM   #53

Longer border closure expected between Canada and the US... https://ca.reuters.com/article/topNews/idCAKBN28B5FY

Colby
Eastern Ontario, Canada
2018 Jayco 212QB
2020 Ford F150 SuperCrew
colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 05:49 PM   #54
CAG

The pressure is now on our governor to do something and do it now. I suspect that if he can muster the courage, as he little of that when it comes to making decisions, he will follow current recommendations by the ASU and other medical teams and either do a lock down of some sort or a shelter in place.

Predictions are that with the current daily increase of infections Arizona will be out of hospital beds within 30/60 days.

Old 12-01-2020, 09:33 PM   #55

I am hearing from across the pond that they are planning internment camps for those who have it to contain it. I am also hearing that Canada plans not to reopen the borders until almost a year from now. Yeah. A year from now. I am so glad I saw Canada when I did. Sad to say that we probably will never be able to travel to that country unless you can prove you had the virus or got the vaccine. New world order folks. Hope you all like it this way. Because its gonna be like this for a very long time.
spark of insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 11:34 PM   #56

This was a very strange year indeed.
The Mrs. and I went to Mexico in February when all this was just emerging.
On returning we continued working, she in health care and me at the Home Depot.
I was scheduled for and ECG and CT scan of my heart having seen a cardiologist last December due to slowly rising blood pressure the last few years and a slow (47 BPM) heart rate.
2 days before the ECG I got a call from the local hospital that the tests had been postponed due the the COVID shutdown in preparation of the hospitals for the influx of expected cases.
The tests happened end of June, and my cardiologist called me at home the night of the CT scan to tell me I was going on the urgent list for angiogram and either angioplasty or bypass surgery. I had a 95% blockage of one anterior artery and 40-50% of the opposite side artery. Never saw that coming.
2 stents end to end on Aug 31 and angioplasty on the other.
A week later I did the driving and the Mrs. did the heavy lifting as we took our first trip into the woods all year. Off grid, maybe a little risky but she and her BFF who was along in her trailer are both in medicine so worth any risk in my estimation. Nice to get away.
The post op tests in September confirmed that I was OK to return to work, 5 weeks back now, and aside from some shin splints (damn concrete floors) and achy knees everything appears to be fine.
Living on Vancouver Island off the west coast we have been fortunate as the relative isolation has kept the COVID numbers relatively low. With the recent increase in cases however, we are under a province wide masking in public spaces.
I'm 62 and both the Mrs. and I have been masking both at work and when out in public, shopping and the like since early on.
We are all in this together, here's hoping the new vaccines rolling out shortly are the panacea necessary to allow "normalcy" to return.
Stay calm, stay healthy, stay safe.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_5876.jpg   DSC_5885.jpg   DSC_5956.jpg  
Mach1tosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 02:26 PM   #57

Vaccine Update

For those who want more information than 60 second news segments here is a good YouTube video with the latest news and plans. And it is one of many videos provided by Dr. Mike Hansen, a young doctor who deals with Covid every day.

Stay safe.
Old 12-31-2020, 12:39 PM   #58
CAG

Well, it is happening. As predicted, Phoenix area hospitals are diverting ambulances and other ER traffic to other hospitals that have any space available. Some are running at 120% of capacity. Tests are running 27% positive of those tested. We now are second only to California with Covid infections. This is just the Thanksgiving uptick, the Christmas jump has not hit yet.

I wonder what happened to all of those people who said "it is no worse that the Flu. What's the big deal?"

Old 12-31-2020, 01:39 PM   #59

Yes, SoCal is a disaster with ICUs beyond capacity and, as you said, the Christmas crunch not hitting yet. Up here in the north, we are at only 30% ICU capacity left, but that likely will drop too. How’s the time to really be cautious and stay home.
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote