Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-15-2020, 07:13 PM   #1
Site Team

COVID 19 General Discussion thread

COVID 19 General Discussion Thread.

Please obey the special rules below when posting in this thread. The Site team will monitor this topic closely and posts violating the rules will be deleted without further explanation. Site Team decisions are not to be questioned.

Please be considerate of other members and the Site team when posting. We would of course rather be discussing and moderating more pleasant subjects such RVs, camping and tow vehicles which we have more experience with. But until this is over let's find a civil way to get through this together while sharing our insights and experiences during this national health and economic crisis. Thank you all for your understanding and cooperation.

The Site Team, JOF

New forum for Covid-19 Topics - README
Please read carefully:

Because of the very high interest and posting activity regarding COVID-19, the site team has established this temporary new forum to contain all threads related to this topic. We have moved existing threads on this topic to this new forum and will continue to move posts and new threads to this area of the forum, regardless of where they were initially posted.

All Community Rules will be strictly enforced in this forum. Posts in violation of the rules may be deleted without notification based on the judgment of the moderators. In addition, posts that exhibit fear-mongering or other anti-social behavior may result in the author’s posting privileges being restricted. Please be especially cautious about posting politically charged content and be sure to report problem posts.

There has been a lot of very useful information and perspective shared here on this topic, but unfortunately also a good bit that doesn't align with forum rules. Please respect your fellow members by thinking through this before posting:

- Is it true?
- Is it helpful?
- Is it kind?

If you have any questions about this, feel free to message any moderator.

Wishing good health to all,
The Moderator Team
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 01:57 PM   #2

This is the frustrating part of why there are protests in several states already...

The Rules as of today:

1. Basically, you can't leave the house for any reason, but if you have to, then you can.

2. Masks are useless, but maybe you have to wear one, it can save you, it is useless, but maybe it is mandatory as well.

3. Stores are closed, except those that are open.

4. You should not go to hospitals unless you have to go there. Same applies to doctors, you should only go there in case of emergency, provided you are not too sick.

5. This virus is deadly but still not too scary, except that sometimes it actually leads to a global disaster.

6. Gloves won't help, but they can still help.

7. Everyone needs to stay HOME, but it's important to GO OUT.

8. There is no shortage of groceries in the supermarket, but there are many things missing when you go there in the evening, but not in the morning. Sometimes.

9. The virus has no effect on children except those it affects.

10. Animals are not affected, but there is still a cat that tested positive in Belgium in February when no one had been tested, plus a few tigers here and there…

11. You will have many symptoms when you are sick, but you can also get sick without symptoms, have symptoms without being sick, or be contagious without having symptoms. Oh, my..

12. In order not to get sick, you have to eat well and exercise, but eat whatever you have on hand and it's better not to go out, well, but no…

13. It's better to get some fresh air, but you get looked at very wrong when you get some fresh air, and most importantly, you don't go to parks or walk. But don’t sit down, except that you can do that now if you are old, but not for too long or if you are pregnant (but not too old).

14. You can't go to retirement homes, but you have to take care of the elderly and bring food and medication.

15. If you are sick, you can't go out, but you can go to the pharmacy.

16. You can get restaurant food delivered to the house, which may have been prepared by people who didn't wear masks or gloves. But you have to have your groceries decontaminated outside for 3 hours. Pizza too?

17. Every disturbing article or disturbing interview must start with " I don't want to trigger panic, but…"

18. You can't see your older mother or grandmother, but you can take a taxi and meet an older taxi driver.

19. You can walk around with a friend but not with your family if they don't live under the same roof.

20. You are safe if you maintain the appropriate social distance, but you can’t go out with friends or strangers at the safe social distance.

21. The virus remains active on different surfaces for two hours, no, four, no, six, no, we didn't say hours, maybe days? But it takes a damp environment. Oh no, not necessarily.

22. The virus stays in the air - well no, or yes, maybe, especially in a closed room, in one hour a sick person can infect ten, so if it falls, all our children were already infected at school before it was closed. But remember, if you stay at the recommended social distance, however in certain circumstances you should maintain a greater distance, which, studies show, the virus can travel further, maybe.

23. We count the number of deaths but we don't know how many people are infected as we have only tested so far those who were "almost dead" to find out if that's what they will die of

24. We have no treatment, except that there may be one that apparently is not dangerous unless you take too much (which is the case with all medications). Orange man bad.

25. We should stay locked up until the virus disappears, but it will only disappear if we achieve collective immunity, so when it circulates… but we must no longer be locked up for that?
-Unknown

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 04:23 PM   #3

Rau rand, too funny,so true. Reading all of the comments and THREAD CLOSED reminds me of twitter and NOW you can compare realities to last year. "Well, yea deaths and hospitalized from covid is half !
Old 01-11-2022, 06:28 PM   #4

"The Rules as of today" (same as yesterday):

Get fully vaccinated and maintain boosters.

Decrease possible transmission when around others in general public by wearing a mask, whether vaccinated or not.

Maintain suggested distance (2 meters) from others to minimize possible transmission.

Wash up and/or use sanitizer after close encounters of the possible covid kind.

If you experience well known by now symptoms, take care to be extra cautious and perhaps get tested.
dxrobertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 07:45 PM   #5

Or live life as before and take normal flu precautions
Old 01-12-2022, 06:36 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffp60 View Post
Amen
Old 01-12-2022, 06:45 AM   #7

If a sitting Supreme Court Justice can be so misinformed about the number of children hospitalized With Covid ,it makes me very suspicious of the information we are getting from the federal government.
1984 gmc k1500 4x4 s/w/b. s/b 350,700r4,373 diff,.restored and upgraded( retired - sold). 2022 Chevy Z-71 Trail Boss 4x4 crew cab s/w/b 6.2 gas a/t. 2018 hummingbird Baja 16mrb,Yamaha ef2400ishc inverter.
Happy wife / happy life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 07:00 AM   #8

Quote:
"That's what we Nelsons do!"
1996 Viking Pop-up
1979 Coleman 8 man cabin tent
1967 G.I Joe (hasbro) canvas pup tent
THE MEEKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 07:13 AM   #9

New Source for Facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy wife / happy life View Post
If a sitting Supreme Court Justice can be so misinformed about the number of children hospitalized With Covid ,it makes me very suspicious of the information we are getting from the federal government.
Good, you should be suspicious. We all should question how social media posts that promote certain narratives are left untouched while others are removed under "mis or dis information".

"If everyday is a break-even day, I'm good with that"
2020 JayFlight SLX 287 BHS, UVW 6,180 lbs
2015 RAM 1500, 8spd, 4x4, 5.7L, TowPak, 3.21 ratio, Fastway e2 2-Point Sway, AirLift 1000, GCWR 13,800lbs
1998 Coleman Redwood Pop-up (sold2020)
2000 Ford F-150 SuperCab (sold2018)
JDug66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 09:55 AM   #10

My daughter is a respiratory therapist in a hospital working. Their biggest issue today is that the current wave is causing their staff to isolate which results in shortages. So even with the admissions down, there are fewer staff which results in a similar result of too few medical personnel to deal with the amount of people being admitted which has down stream impact on emergencies, etc.

Colby
Eastern Ontario, Canada
2018 Jayco 212QB
2020 Ford F150 SuperCrew
colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 10:13 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by colby View Post
My daughter is a respiratory therapist in a hospital working. Their biggest issue today is that the current wave is causing their staff to isolate which results in shortages. So even with the admissions down, there are fewer staff which results in a similar result of too few medical personnel to deal with the amount of people being admitted which has down stream impact on emergencies, etc.
Manufactured crisis of sorts. Never should have fired people with no shot when they knew it didn't make a difference to spread.
We have 50,000 LESS staffed beds today from last year.
Jeffp60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 10:20 AM   #12

I recently read an article on Yahoo news that stated thousands and thousands of health care workers (for example "30,000 healthcare workers in New York" alone) have lost their jobs due to refusing to take the jab. Brings up a couple of thoughts, why would they refuse it and then why fire them when their services are in dire need? I can read between the lines but I suspect many cannot. Be safe everyone.
Old 01-12-2022, 12:31 PM   #13

Quote:
Manufactured crisis of sorts. Never should have fired people with no shot when they knew it didn't make a difference to spread.
We have 50,000 LESS staffed beds today from last year.
Actually my statement had nothing to do with that. It's fully vaccinated people who are isolating because they or a close contact have tested positive that is causing the issue. The same way that flight crews that have to isolate are causing flight cancellations - https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...hosZm593PR4Z2L

As for getting vaccinated or not, to me that's a personal choice that may or may not have a permanent impact on a person's life/quality of life. I tested positive for the Delta variant at the end of November. I'm approaching 60, slightly high blood pressure, carrying more weight than I should and history of heart issues in the family. I've been double vaccinated since June and it felt more like a bad head cold for me. My wife got it a bit worse, and it lasted longer. In the current wave, everyone I know that has gotten it that has been vaccinated (including a buddy on a cruise) has been pretty mild. The only issues that I have seen is 3 friends that are suffering through long COVID that they got before the vaccines were available, including one who is now on complete dialysis and can no longer work in her chosen profession (which was quite active). The other more recent one is a family member that did not get vaccinated and is currently intubated, on life support, and in an induced coma that they are planning to take her out of in the next few days depending on things.

Colby
Eastern Ontario, Canada
2018 Jayco 212QB
2020 Ford F150 SuperCrew
Old 01-12-2022, 01:37 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by colby View Post
Actually my statement had nothing to do with that. It's fully vaccinated people who are isolating because they or a close contact have tested positive that is causing the issue. The same way that flight crews that have to isolate are causing flight cancellations - https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...hosZm593PR4Z2L

As for getting vaccinated or not, to me that's a personal choice that may or may not have a permanent impact on a person's life/quality of life. I tested positive for the Delta variant at the end of November. I'm approaching 60, slightly high blood pressure, carrying more weight than I should and history of heart issues in the family. I've been double vaccinated since June and it felt more like a bad head cold for me. My wife got it a bit worse, and it lasted longer. In the current wave, everyone I know that has gotten it that has been vaccinated (including a buddy on a cruise) has been pretty mild. The only issues that I have seen is 3 friends that are suffering through long COVID that they got before the vaccines were available, including one who is now on complete dialysis and can no longer work in her chosen profession (which was quite active). The other more recent one is a family member that did not get vaccinated and is currently intubated, on life support, and in an induced coma that they are planning to take her out of in the next few days depending on things.
That's what I meant, mandate caused shortages. When shot or no shot does not affect infection rate. Unvaccinated and not infected can't work, vaccinated and covid positive can. Insane and created a crisis in available beds.
Jeffp60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 01:47 PM   #15

Quote:
That's what I meant, mandate caused shortages. When shot or no shot does not affect infection rate. Unvaccinated and not infected can't work, vaccinated and covid positive can. Insane and created a crisis in available beds.
I'm not sure where COVID Positive and vaccinated are working, they are not working from everywhere that I have seen. They are isolating which is causing the shortages.

Colby
Eastern Ontario, Canada
2018 Jayco 212QB
2020 Ford F150 SuperCrew
Old 01-12-2022, 03:00 PM   #16

Ny,California, I think new Hampshire or Maine. Sure more are. Positive with no symptoms. I read a post that in nyc Temps were hired with no Vax. But you can't really verify that with unknown posters and never report msm.
Old 01-12-2022, 06:38 PM   #17

I’m vaxxed and just spent 7 nights camping alone due to a positive Covid result. I’m a pilot and the guy I was working with the week prior had the same symptoms I did, but came up negative in three tests before he came to work and after. I suspect he had it and I got a pretty heavy viral load hanging out with him for so many days in a small space. I thought I had a cold. Some drainage and some coughing. All gone now except a little cough here and there. 46 and no issues(no medical issues). I’ve had worse colds. No big thing, but camped to not give it to my wife or son. Not sure if the vaccine made it mild or not. So many unknowns, conflicting info and fear being spread.

I just saw a lady on the news start off with a statement of “if you get omicron and survive”. Really.
2022 Chevy 3000HD Dmax
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 07:24 PM   #18

Fear monger by government and msm has destroyed trust in everything and put us right where we all should have been all along. DECIDE FOR YOURSELF
Old 02-09-2022, 11:45 AM   #19

What's the Difference? Really

I'm still trying to wrap my head around how a country can be lead into believing. I have yet to hear an explaination as to the difference between: A Positive Asymptomatic Covid Test Result verus A False Positive result. Think about it.

"If everyday is a break-even day, I'm good with that"
2020 JayFlight SLX 287 BHS, UVW 6,180 lbs
2015 RAM 1500, 8spd, 4x4, 5.7L, TowPak, 3.21 ratio, Fastway e2 2-Point Sway, AirLift 1000, GCWR 13,800lbs
1998 Coleman Redwood Pop-up (sold2020)
2000 Ford F-150 SuperCab (sold2018)
JDug66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 11:52 AM   #20

No matter what they say about Covid, we are going to have to learn how to live with it. I will continue to get all available vaccines and wear mask when indoors in public, to try best to protect myself. Other than that, live with it.