Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

View Poll Results: Who will take a Covid-19 vaccine?
Yes I will 56 76.71%
No I won’t 17 23.29%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2020, 11:28 PM   #41

Absolutely not. Several people have gone into anaphylactic shock already, several others had other serious side effects. They’re saying the “Moderna” actually modifies your RNA (hence the name, mode-rna) and does some serious damage to your gene system.

Crazy for a virus that has a recovery rate of 99.95%, not 95% as someone else mentioned here. Statistically, more people die each year from the flu.
Old 12-27-2020, 12:27 AM   #42
Site Team

IMPORTANT: A change was made to the poll

The poll has been changed from a PUBLIC to a SECRET poll. The reason being that might eneourage more members to vote and if anyone wants to elaborate as to why they voted as such, it can be expressed in a post.

Thanks in advance for your understanding the reason for this change.

TV: 2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD | Crew Cab | Std. Box | 4WD | Duramax/Allison
RV: 2000 Jayco Eagle 266 | FBS | TT
PREVIOUS: 1986 Coleman Laramie pop-up -- Still in the family!!!

Old 12-27-2020, 09:33 AM   #43

Yes, I was a pin cushion in the military for years. What's one more.
Old 12-27-2020, 09:59 AM   #44

I'm already scheduled to get mine the week of Jan 4th when I go back to work.
Old 12-27-2020, 12:23 PM   #45

Hoping to get it before summer, but will wait my turn. As a (near) zero risk individual I will still get it because:

-Even though my risk of complications is very low, I have the ability to spread it and would like to see it die out asap as it has interrupted life too much; it has caused 20x deaths in 2020 than the 2019 flu season (and of course cost us so much else this year)

-mRNA vax have been in development for a long time and do NOT change your DNA; these are currently a really promising approach to various vax.

-some people cannot get it due to health problems; I want to cover their asses

I'm excited that it has been tested and OKed less than 12 months into the pandemic--even the most optimistic did not think this was possible!
Old 12-27-2020, 04:01 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLee View Post
Absolutely not. Several people have gone into anaphylactic shock already, several others had other serious side effects. They’re saying the “Moderna” actually modifies your RNA (hence the name, mode-rna) and does some serious damage to your gene system.

Crazy for a virus that has a recovery rate of 99.95%, not 95% as someone else mentioned here. Statistically, more people die each year from the flu.
No damage.. Actually it mimics what your body would do naturally minus the risks. This visual is interesting. And who knows. Could the technology be furthered to aid in preventing cancer. If you have had chemo you know that does serious damage while trying to save your hide.

https://www.modernatx.com/mrna-techn...rna-technology

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Old 12-29-2020, 06:27 PM   #47

Get our first of the Moderna two-fer Thursday.
Old 12-29-2020, 07:27 PM   #48

[QUOTE=DocBrown;923761]We'll get it. We have some small concerns about the allergic reaction issue because my wife has enough allergic reactions to have a need to be cautious. By the time we are able to get it, much more should be known about this.

I'll take the vaccine but unfortunately my Wife won't be able to take the vaccine as she is Celiac, allergic to corn and corn derivatives and allergic to salicylate. She always carries 2 Epipens plus instructions in case of allergic reaction, but it's not worth the risk of trying the vaccine.
Old 12-29-2020, 07:37 PM   #49

Here's the ingredients:

The Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine contains the following ingredients: messenger ribonucleic acid
(mRNA), lipids (SM-102, polyethylene glycol [PEG] 2000 dimyristoyl glycerol [DMG],
cholesterol, and 1,2-distearoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine [DSPC]), tromethamine,
tromethamine hydrochloride, acetic acid, sodium acetate, and sucrose.

The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine includes the following ingredients: mRNA,
lipids ((4-hydroxybutyl)azanediyl)bis(hexane-6,1-diyl)bis(2-hexyldecanoate), 2
[(polyethylene glycol)-2000]-N,N-ditetradecylacetamide, 1,2-Distearoyl-sn-glycero-3-
phosphocholine, and cholesterol), potassium chloride, monobasic potassium
phosphate, sodium chloride, dibasic sodium phosphate dihydrate, and sucrose.
Old 12-29-2020, 07:41 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Definitely!

How many of you other "OLD FARTS" remember the polio vaccines? We all got those as kids at school in the 50's. Then it was the measles vaccine in the 60's, mumps in the 70's. Now we have the Shingles and Pneumonia vaccines and they all seem to work pretty effectively. Personally I think the sore arm is worth it.
So I am one of the old farts who got Polio so I will get the shot when it's my turn. Luckly I am only affected below the knee on my right leg.
Old 12-31-2020, 02:48 PM   #51

I received the first shot of the 2 required on December 22nd, I will get the 2nd shot on January 13th. I did not have any side effects associated with the vaccine, nor did I have a sore shoulder, in fact later that night I found the bandaid in my arm, and realized “oh ya, that’s where the shot was”

I work in EMS, I have seen many COVID patients with mild to very severe disease processes, most everyone in my immediate family has had the virus, most were mild, my son’s father-in-law was on a ventilator for 19 days, he is my age. I have not to my knowledge had the virus despite being exposed to some very sick patients, nor have I met criteria to be tested.

Because I have not contracted the virus so far played heavily on my decision to get the vaccine, otherwise I know I am playing Russian roulette.

As of note, I am not one to fear the virus, I take precautions when the possibility of exposure is high, I don’t wear a mask unless a business or locality requires it. My hope is the vaccine will reduce the high contagious waves and allow this great nation to return to normal.

2011 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins
2012 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 297 BHS
Old 12-31-2020, 03:01 PM   #52

Got my 1st shot this morning.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8350.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	135.6 KB
ID:	66783
Old 12-31-2020, 03:38 PM   #53

Quote:

As nicely as possible - there is everything wrong in this post and nothing correct.

You are absolutely entitled to pass on the vaccine!
That is your freedom to choose.

But if you'd like to learn more about what you got wrong in your post, I'd be happy to share what little I know.

I'm not a doctor, nor a virologist - just a poor soul who graduated with a degree in Biochemistry from the University of Wisconsin.
Old 12-31-2020, 03:39 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Here's the ingredients:

The Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine contains the following ingredients: messenger ribonucleic acid
(mRNA), lipids (SM-102, polyethylene glycol [PEG] 2000 dimyristoyl glycerol [DMG],
cholesterol, and 1,2-distearoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine [DSPC]), tromethamine,
tromethamine hydrochloride, acetic acid, sodium acetate, and sucrose.

The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine includes the following ingredients: mRNA,
lipids ((4-hydroxybutyl)azanediyl)bis(hexane-6,1-diyl)bis(2-hexyldecanoate), 2
[(polyethylene glycol)-2000]-N,N-ditetradecylacetamide, 1,2-Distearoyl-sn-glycero-3-
phosphocholine, and cholesterol), potassium chloride, monobasic potassium
phosphate, sodium chloride, dibasic sodium phosphate dihydrate, and sucrose.

Thank you!

These are actually 'cleaner' that a typical vaccine. No adjuvents, for example.
Old 12-31-2020, 03:42 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Gass View Post
No damage.. Actually it mimics what your body would do naturally minus the risks. This visual is interesting. And who knows. Could the technology be furthered to aid in preventing cancer. If you have had chemo you know that does serious damage while trying to save your hide.

https://www.modernatx.com/mrna-techn...rna-technology

Thank you! The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines use mRNA to get your body to produce the spike protein and elicit an immune response.

Novavax, apparently synthesized the spike protein directly and that's what's in their lipid nano-particle.

Astra-Zeneca and Johnson and Johnson are taking a different approach - using adenovirii.

The ability to create a virus in months, instead of years is astounding. You're right - these new vectors will become the norm for vaccines going forward!
Old 12-31-2020, 04:24 PM   #56

Our neighbor just had the vaccine and the next day had a seizure and was rushed to the hospital. She’s super healthy and has never had any major illness before. Age 30.

They said it was definitely the vaccine that caused the seizure and she’s lucky she didn’t have a stroke.
Old 12-31-2020, 05:44 PM   #57
Site Team

My mil is in an assisted living. Zero Covid since March. Last week one resident tested positive. Last Tuesday half of the residents tested positive. They have since isolated the positive and negatives geographically in the facility.

2 staff also tested positive. They are scheduled for the vaccine but no date yet.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
Old 12-31-2020, 08:28 PM   #58

Quote:
Our neighbor just had the vaccine and the next day had a seizure and was rushed to the hospital. She’s super healthy and has never had any major illness before. Age 30.

They said it was definitely the vaccine that caused the seizure and she’s lucky she didn’t have a stroke.

My condolences! I'm so glad she's on the road to recovery.

For 99.99999999999999999999% of the recipients, IF an allergic reaction occurs it'll happen WITHIN 15 to 30 MINUTES from the injection.

Her having a seizure the next day was extremely rare.
Like one in a billion billion billion.

Still, I'm so glad she's doing better!

She's 30 and got the vaccine?
So I assume she's a First Responder?
Old 01-01-2021, 06:57 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by pconroy View Post

I hope that remains to be true, but I cringe when I hear "vaccine passport" and talk of being required to prove having the vaccine or you can't fly or take a cruise or go to a concert, or perhaps even have a job without it.
Old 01-01-2021, 08:34 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by pconroy View Post
As nicely as possible - there is everything wrong in this post and nothing correct.

But if you'd like to learn more about what you got wrong in your post, I'd be happy to share what little I know.

I'm not a doctor, nor a virologist - just a poor soul who graduated with a degree in Biochemistry from the University of Wisconsin.
Amen, Sir. Well said!
Closed Thread