Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2021, 05:44 PM   #1

Deaths

We thought the COVID-19 was going away. We were wrong. In the last two weeks we lost two very good friends that lived next door to us. First his wife passed then a few days he passed away. No one knew that they had COVID. After the funeral a lot of friends and family including his daughter got COVID.
They both had it shots to prevent this. It seems we may never get rid of COVID!
Old 10-08-2021, 07:55 PM   #2

I believe Covid will be around from now on, a new way of life. I still wear a mask after 3 rounds of vaccine.
Old 10-08-2021, 08:15 PM   #3
Site Team

My sympathy to you for the loss of your friends. This has tragically hit far too close to home for many of us. I personally lost four cousins in the last year to this disease.
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Old 10-09-2021, 04:35 AM   #4

Sorry for your loss, we have a friend who have been in the hospital 5 weeks now battling it, it’s crazy (she did not get the vaccine). It’s crazy how easily this spreads and how sick some can get.

This is a new way of life and will be for a long while in my opinion.
Furrion Vision S 7” Rear and Side View Cameras
Old 10-09-2021, 06:58 AM   #5

IMHO: COVID-19 and its variants are here to stay.
For example: Influenza. In one form or another, it's has been hanging around for centuries.
Condolences to those who have lost loved ones and friends to COVID-19.
Fastway E2 Trunnion WDH
Old 10-09-2021, 07:29 AM   #6

Same here. Boosters as well.

I too have lost alot of friends and loved ones to Covid..

One thing we realized in working in the ER and ICU. Teenagers are easily susceptible cause of electronics.. How many kids sit around glued to their phones, tablets, etc.. And. Simply look at their friends and "check this out" and hand their device over.. Perfect transmission.. We realized it when parents would come in stating that they took all the precautions. And when asked about their phones and habits.. Light bulb moments..

Stay safe everybody..

2021Chevy Z-71 Texas Edition
2022 Jayco SLX8 212QB
Old 10-09-2021, 10:38 AM   #7
CAG

The vaccines have created a general feeling in the population that everything is safe now. Nothing could be further from the truth and Covid will continue in one form or another. Viruses do that. Mutate, much like flu but with more severe consequences.

Old 10-09-2021, 05:10 PM   #8

Condolence to all who have experienced a close loss due to covid. My childhood friend of 50 years lost his mother who I was close to, devastated him and family; not just the death, but the suffering and shes going to be ok, then not ok, then ok again, then finally: not going to make it.

SARS-CoV-2 is an enemy like in a war. The EMTs, aides, nurses, physicians, and other medical staff are the foot soldiers dispatched to fight this enemy. The immunologists and other staff of the pharmaceutical companies are the "Manhattan Project".

Its up to each of us to follow our patriotic duty, not by buying war bonds nor growing a victory garden to save tin; stop the spread of this enemy by getting vaccinated or if not take anti-spread precautions such as wearing a mask, keeping safe distance...

Agree, probably not going away, but we can contain it. 700,000+ fellow Americans, rip.
Old 10-09-2021, 05:57 PM   #9

My son’s mother in law just lost her husband because he refused to get the vaccine in Feb.-March. He lasted just 6 days but his wife took her shots back then and two months ago she was just under the weather for 3-4 days and now just fine but living alone and doesn’t know what to do next. He was just 62
Old 10-09-2021, 06:49 PM   #10
CAG

Quote:
probably not going away, but we can contain it.

Probably not. As long as the mentality is as it is in the population now, it will not be contained and will continue as a "flu" for many more years. This whole topic moves toward politics and because of that makes it toxic. As long as people think that they have a right to not protect the rest of the population, this will continue.

Old 10-09-2021, 07:12 PM   #11

I'm so sorry for everyone's loss. We've been very fortunate in that none of our family or friends have died from this horrible pandemic. Several family members have come down with Covid, several were very sick. A few have long term effects. But, everyone survived.

Again, I'm sorry for everyone's loss. Really no other words......
Old 10-09-2021, 08:34 PM   #12

While I'm not a virologist, I listen to several on a podcast and have been for almost 18 months. This bug will be around for a long, long time. Their crystal ball says that it will eventually become like all of the other coronavirii, largely another "cold causing" virus.

When a virus has an animal vector (as many do, as SARS-CoV-2 does) it's nearly impossible to eradicate it from the planet. Of the millions of types of viruses on our planet we've only knocked one down to zero. We've eradicated but one.

Those numbers should be sobering and indicative of just how resilient these pathogens are.

My deepest condolences to those that have lost family, friends.

It's going to be another 3 years or so before the science behind SARS-CoV-2 settles stabilizes. I can only hope that we learn from this one and respond to the next one a bit better. There will be a "next one".
Old 10-11-2021, 06:16 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunce the traveler View Post
My son’s mother in law just lost her husband because he refused to get the vaccine in Feb.-March. He lasted just 6 days but his wife took her shots back then and two months ago she was just under the weather for 3-4 days and now just fine but living alone and doesn’t know what to do next. He was just 62
Sorry for your loss and the loss of others mentioned on this thread, but to blame his death on his refusal to get the vaccine is just... flawed.

People who took the vaccine are still being infected, and this virus doesn't affect everyone the same. I'll be 64 tomorrow and came very close to dying back in August. I didn't know just how close until I got out of the hospital after 11 days. I was on oxygen and had pneumonia. No doubt they would have kept me longer, but I was over it... literally and figuratively. It was the most bizarre hospital experience I have ever had, but I'm happy to be able to talk about it.

The guy who gave COVID to me (zero doubt about that, down to the date and the hour) and his wife self-quarantined at home after testing positive on the same date I did, and that's as far as it went. We are the same approximate age and health status. They hadn't been vaccinated either, which just goes to show the "science" isn't all that scientific. This stuff doesn't follow the rules, and it's very random in terms of how it affects whom.
Old 10-11-2021, 07:03 PM   #14

I am sorry for your loss as well. I recently lost a close friend as well, but it was not covid related although the sadness I feel is still there.

I still don't understand the vaccine and some people's thoughts against the unvaccinated. So in a friendly and medically\scientifically sound manner, can anyone answer the question I read from a Nurse on twitter recently? This is what she asked and I have the same question, or better stated I would like to know the answer as well.

CA

“Why do the protected need to be protected from the unprotected by forcing the unprotected to use the protection that didn’t protect the protected in the first place?” the nurse asks the San Diego County Board of Supervisors.
Old 10-11-2021, 07:10 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
Sorry for your loss and the loss of others mentioned on this thread, but to blame his death on his refusal to get the vaccine is just... flawed.

People who took the vaccine are still being infected, and this virus doesn't affect everyone the same. I'll be 64 tomorrow and came very close to dying back in August. I didn't know just how close until I got out of the hospital after 11 days. I was on oxygen and had pneumonia. No doubt they would have kept me longer, but I was over it... literally and figuratively. It was the most bizarre hospital experience I have ever had, but I'm happy to be able to talk about it.

The guy who gave COVID to me (zero doubt about that, down to the date and the hour) and his wife self-quarantined at home after testing positive on the same date I did, and that's as far as it went. We are the same approximate age and health status. They hadn't been vaccinated either, which just goes to show the "science" isn't all that scientific. This stuff doesn't follow the rules, and it's very random in terms of how it affects whom.

"This stuff doesn't follow the rules, and it's very random in terms of how it affects whom"; Understand what you said. You happen to be one that survived, although at what medical cost. Others do NOT survive due to their "affects whom" makeup; over 700,000 here in US. They, we may NEED the vaccine.

Was un-vaccinated 11 days in the hospital better than vaccinated 0 days?

"People who took the vaccine are still being infected"- yes, but the infection is near always minor, again understand the "affects whom".

"They hadn't been vaccinated either, which just goes to show the "science" isn't all that scientific."- Your defining "science" as 3 people sitting around chatting and cross infecting each other? Look up how the vaccines were developed and how quickly; thats science.
Old 10-11-2021, 08:04 PM   #16

My wife and I are sitting at home with covid, based on all the symptoms we have. I'm not vaccinated (and I don't intend to be). I don't get flu shots and this is a flu shot. I'm 62 and toughing through it while still getting things done around the inside and outside of the house. I won't get tested since it wouldn't change anything I'm doing and only add to statistics. If someone wants the vax, I'm all for it, it's their choice.

I just lost a missionary friend to a covid diagnose. He and his wife ended up in the hospital together. He didn't come home. I don't know if he or his wife were vaccinated. It wouldn't really matter since both the vax and unvax types are dying. Better yet, 99.xxx% of vax and unvax types are surviving. I'll go with the half full cup view rather than the half empty cup view.

Jerry B.
"Stateboy" (Formerly "36fire412")
SW Lower Michigan
2016 X254
2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax TRD 4x4
Old 10-11-2021, 08:34 PM   #17

So sorry for your loss and yes it is taken people out like crazy, be safe.
Old 10-11-2021, 08:37 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigav View Post
I still don't understand the vaccine and some people's thoughts against the unvaccinated. So in a friendly and medically\scientifically sound manner, can anyone answer the question I read from a Nurse on twitter recently? This is what she asked and I have the same question, or better stated I would like to know the answer as well.

CA

“Why do the protected need to be protected from the unprotected by forcing the unprotected to use the protection that didn’t protect the protected in the first place?” the nurse asks the San Diego County Board of Supervisors.
In a friendly but non-medical response, as I'm no doctor...
Picking apart a loaded question:

"Protected need to be protected from the unprotected..."
Why do the vaccinated need to be protected from the unvaccinated? I'd offer up (a) breakthrough infections and (b) not all vaccinated individuals develop a complete immune response. The science behind viral loads of SARS-CoV-2 and Covid-19 is still being figured out.

"by forcing..."
Some people see the Public Health department as overstepping their bounds while others believe the Public Health department is doing what they're supposed to be doing.

"to use protection"
I assume she means masks and not that other thing we call 'protection'.

"that didn't protect the protected..."
And that's where her statement makes no sense to me. It was wonderfully literate -- cute -- but little more than headline grabbing.

For the first few years of my career, I routinely walked into a BSL-2 lab to help run experiments on a virus that was considered fairly nasty. That was before there was a vaccine.

I gowned up, I masked up.
And when that vaccine was finally available, I got the shot.

Can't recall a single researcher on that floor having any issues with the PP gear before entering the lab. Nope - not a one.

That was the early 80's.
Old 10-12-2021, 09:40 AM   #19

Thanks Patrick, the video (I didn't share) and the text I referenced was in context to meaning "protected" and "unprotected" as vaccinated and unvaccinated. Point being if the (or any) vaccine protects a person then it should do so for that person and not contingent with other people's choices, which to me seems logical, thus my question.

In any case, I don't want to go down this road here and instead stay on topic as I plan to read more and keep an open mind. For me and many like me it is similar to a new truck with a new engine design which may be the best engine ever, but many of us like to wait and see if that is true for a test of time, prior to purchasing a truck with the new engine design.

For sure, any death for any reason is very sad especially for that person's friends and family, so I don't want to diminish that aspect and I wish the best for everyone and especially those who have lost friends and family unexpectedly due to covid.

I will add that regardless of protection that we all would be better off to become as healthy as possible (or stay in as best health as possible). Many of those who have succumbed to covid have had co-morbidities that if they hadn't had them they would have likely had a better outcome. Of course, not all co-morbidities are able to be reduced or eliminated by a change in diet and exercise, however living as healthy a lifestyle as possible certainly has value regardless of any virus in the world we live in.

Stay safe everyone,

~CA
Old 10-12-2021, 11:15 AM   #20

Covid will be around forever. Just like the seasonal flu. There may be different strains, but it'll be here forever.
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
Closed Thread