Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-05-2020, 10:07 AM   #1

How is everyone holding up?

We are living in a very stressful world right now. We are all worried about our families’ health and economic futures. I am worried about what the future holds for our country. I believe we will be fine, but its gonna be quite a journey.

I haven’t heard from many on this forum who I refer to as my “virtual Friends”. I would like to hear how every is holding up through this mess.

Even just an “OK” if that all you have. Or a rant if that will help lighten the load.

Stay well, Mark
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 10:21 AM   #2
Site Team

So far so good here in Newark. We're getting a lot of stuff done around the house, and in the yard when the weather cooperates. We keep in touch with my FIL daily, and he's occupied with his little dog. The village is very quiet, and turns into a ghost town at night. And there's quite a few folks out walking their dogs more. We're going to be fine. Thanks for asking! I hope more members reply, also.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 10:22 AM   #3

We’re just complying with our Governor in the state of Washington to stay home and limit trips to the store. Looks like everyone around us is doing the same thing and so far no one in this immediate area has been sick and I’m talking about several blocks.
Old 04-05-2020, 10:45 AM   #4

Me and my family, neighbors and friends are doing fine.

Times like this I wonder what my parents and grandparents went through during World War II. For example 1942-1945. Think of that very anxious time. Was our county going to defeat Germany and Japan? No one knew for sure what the outcome was going to be. A lot of uncertainty and anxiety. But everyone came together, chipped in, made sacrifices and as Paul Harvey used to say, “Now you know the rest of the story.”

We have alot to be thankful for. This too will pass, hopefully soon.

Take care everyone!
1996 Viking Pop-up
1979 Coleman 8 man cabin tent
1967 G.I Joe (hasbro) canvas pup tent
THE MEEKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 10:45 AM   #5

Good enough, at least were still well. Weather is beautiful here in the seventy's and ready to go camping. Already cancelled one trip to the mountains and a trip to the bike rally in Fla. Holding on to a 10 day trip to the outer banks in July. Hopefully this will be over by then. I do get on my Harley and go for a ride each day.
Old 04-05-2020, 11:04 AM   #6
Site Team

We are doing ok down in Charleston, SC. Like most we are home except infrequent trips to grocery. Cooking at home and ordering takeout occasionally. We got yard of the month cause that's all there is to do. All my lawn equipment has been serviced thanks to parts from Amazon and my having time on my hands. All are practicing social distancing but we still get neighborhood walks and bike rides.

Not much is open and the only excitement is which store will have paper products today? We have a relative nearby in assisted living and it's been on quarantine for 3 weeks. No virus there or here. Our immediate family and friends are all healthy and bearing up well.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 11:14 AM   #7

Buying a house in western New York State and working on selling a house in Washington state. Then driving motorhome 2600 miles with all the RV parks and campgrounds closed . Doing okay so far though.

pward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 11:46 AM   #8

Look in your PM
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 12:29 PM   #9

Michigan is 3rd worst in the country right now, next to NYC and LA. We are under lockdown but IMO not tight enough lockdown because we have too many stupid people out here to stay at home and/or avoid each other and maintain cleanliness.
I've been home for a month now and have only been out like 3 or 4 times. The times I have been out I stay as far away from people as possible.
On a positive note, we are doing well. Weather breaks for the good every now and again and we turn off the furnace and open the doors and windows to get some fresh spring air in the house. Been keeping busy doing those neglected projects around the house due to the work and time thing. Past couple.days got the yard all spruced up with fresh shredded cedar mulch in the flower beds and got the lawn rolled out flat from the winter frost. Mental health is good,.we haven't got on each others nerves,... yet. Lol!
Everyone stay safe and well!!!
Old 04-05-2020, 01:37 PM   #10

We're ok - we're hanging in there. In-laws are old and in need of support that we cannot give. Our son has Autism and this is rocking his world and not in a good way. But we're coping.

If there's an upside it's that Family Game Night now occurs on Saturdays and Sundays!
Tonight is "There's a Yeti in my Spaghetti" and "Super Mario UNO".
Old 04-05-2020, 02:23 PM   #11

Doing ok in north central Ohio. MIL lives with us, so we are able to do her running as she stays close to home. I am working as we are a manufacturer, and considered essential. Stay safe everybody!

2019 Whitehawk 28RL
2018 Ford F150 3.5 Ecoboost w/3.55

Dennis, Cindy, Philip, and Sarah
Ohiofinlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 03:32 PM   #12

Doing well here in Green Bay. We make a weekly trip to the grocery store and as we are in our 70s I go by myself, wear a mask, and gloves. As my daughter and Healthcare says, we old folks are an endangered species so we need to take all precautions possible. The house has been deep clean twice, the garage and basement are spotless, the lawn work is all caught up on, my orchids her loving the extra attention as are my African violets. We visit with our neighbors but do but do observe the 6-foot social distance rule, wash our hands was soapy water frequently, and generally speaking are getting by pretty well. Camping season here in Wisconsin begins around mid-may so we're hoping that there is some resolution to this by then.

Please everybody take precautions and stay well.
Chet & Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 04:00 PM   #13

Doing ok here in Harrisburg, PA. My one daughter (Cedarville University OH. college student) is home and taking classes online since all colleges were shut down. Fortunately, she works for Mission BBQ and they have started doing deliveries. This keeps her busy.
She does need to take precautions sincecI am a non hodgkins lymphoma patient currently going thru treatment. Wife or one of the kids go out for necessary supplies only when necessary. I stay home but go out walking in the yard.
My neice and her husband have a large wooded area they use to store his construction tools and turned the back half along the creek into a nice 12 trailer camping area. No problem maintaining 6 or more foot distance separation back there. So, if wecstart getting "cabin fever" we just may go back there for a weekend.
When things like this happen, this is where you really see the true good in the American people. They step up to the plate and help everyone get thru this by helping each other.
Attached Thumbnails
20200319_185429.jpg   20200319_182617.jpg  

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 04:39 PM   #14

Hanging in there south of Seattle. My employer sent us all home back on March 2nd so I've been "isolating" for over a month now. Had to run out for groceries and pet supplies this morning - first time in close to two weeks. With 6 cats though I don't dare run low on the gravy & kibble.... Shouldn't need to go out again for a couple more weeks. Still working full time from home during the week and getting lots of projects done around the house as well as on the trailer. We have had some nice weather this w/e so out and doing a lot of yard work.

Hardest part is not being able to see our kids. We have already had to cancel one trip to see our youngest who lives in Arizona, and she had to cancel a 2 week trip up here later this month. There is no other family close to her right now so we are spending a lot of time on the video calls daily. She is able to continue working her job for the state remotely which helps keep her busy during the week. Our oldest daughter and her spouse are considered "essential" workers and I worry a lot about them at the moment. They live close to us but one of them was just informed they may have been in close proximity to someone who tested positive. Nothing we can do except wait and see how things turn out for them.

All in all things could be a lot worse for us so we are thankful every day. I hope everyone is able to remain safe and able to pull through this safely.
TT: 2015 Jay Flight SLX 195RB Baja Edition, Andersen No-Sway (Traded in)
ttavasc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 06:17 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S View Post
Or a rant if that will help lighten the load.

Stay well, Mark
Staying on topic -
Attached Thumbnails
Sit and Stay.jpg  
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 06:24 PM   #16

All is as good as could be expected here in the Florida Panhandle. We keep busy here at our place and do lots of home projects.
Our present pass times are spent with our dogs and we are able to take car rides. In the afternoons we watch the pelicans in the Gulf dive for their meals. Life is quieter than normal but also reminds of all we have to be thankful for.
My folks live in mid Florida and I worry about them every day. Someone mentioned folks from World War 2 and what their life must have been like. Well, I can tell you my Dad is a young 96 year old World War 2 veteran who keeps me going. He still drives, travels and has a solid mind. I just pray that he and my mom stay well through all of this.
I hope all of you on this forum stay well and safe and enjoy the simple pleasures our lives have to offer.
Jimmyd
Jimmyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 04:16 PM   #17

The kids are home from college so we set up the rv to get away from each other. Awaiting virus outcome on my BIL as he is a health professional and got infected by a patient who was infected. So far just head aches and tired. This thing is really knocking out the medical and first responders.

Doing all sorts of projects around the house. At this rate my honey do list will be all cleared out by may.....

Hope everyone is well out there.Click image for larger version

Name:	20200406_181503.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	57630
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 05:52 PM   #18

Doing great. We have been boondocking out in the wild far away from others...doing our social distancing, enjoying this great country we live in!
Attached Thumbnails
DJI_0007.1.jpg  

GeorgiaRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 07:20 PM   #19

All is well here and yes like it have be mention I am getting some things done here around the house, I had to go out today to get some things but all and all in all is well.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 07:20 PM   #20

Hanging in there, I have become the grumpy old substitute teacher to my 10 and 12-year old grandsons who are with us during our lockdown. Their mom (our daughter) is an RN and keeping her distance until things get better. Wife works in an "essential field" so she has to still go to work every day.

Looking forward to de-winterizing the Seneca very soon and praying we can still go on some of our 2020 planned trips. Stay safe all!
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote