Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-01-2020, 05:12 PM   #1

Is Jayco, Indiana closed down due to Pandemic?

Tried calling RV One Albany, New York to speak to my sales lady regarding my order. No answer. Just want to know if Jayco factory offline due to the Pandemic. Anyone?
Vfoote3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 05:18 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vfoote3 View Post
Tried calling RV One Albany, New York to speak to my sales lady regarding my order. No answer. Just want to know if Jayco factory offline due to the Pandemic. Anyone?
I believe Thor shutdown everything.
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 07:33 PM   #3

Indiana has a Shelter in Place order since last Wednesday. Only essential services are allowed to stay open. They are not considered essential.
GuanoJuano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 11:33 AM   #4

Jayco Factory Service Status

I have a Jayco Factory Service appointment scheduled for the end of the month so I thought I'd ask about the status. Here's the response I got from my Service Advisor:

"Good morning David,

We are on a week-to-week watch on our appointments right now, and we are cancelled through the week of April the 13th. Appointments are being rescheduled as we are informed of the weeks we are cancelling. If you feel the appointment is no longer doable, I can have my master scheduler reach out to you and we can reschedule your appointment preemptively.

Let me know what works best for you."
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
Old 04-03-2020, 12:45 PM   #5

Indiana's stay at home orders are only until Monday April 6th but they are expected to be be extended.

https://calendar.in.gov/site/gov/eve...ome-order-faq/
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 05:57 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
Indiana's stay at home orders are only until Monday April 6th but they are expected to be be extended.
Extended to the 20th
GuanoJuano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 01:06 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
I have a Jayco Factory Service appointment scheduled for the end of the month so I thought I'd ask about the status.
How did you get this setup/arranged? Can anyone what needs warranty work go? Wondering if this might be my best option, rather than the local dealer.
arodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 01:17 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by arodriguez View Post
How did you get this setup/arranged? Can anyone what needs warranty work go? Wondering if this might be my best option, rather than the local dealer.
Normally they only do warranty work that the dealer is unable to do. Also your dealer is the one who is supposed to schedule it.
Old 06-02-2020, 01:30 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by arodriguez View Post
Call Jayco or send them an email. You can schedule the appointment and do not need to go through the dealer. They will ask why you don't want to use your dealer but they will schedule the appointment. My owner's manual says that the owner or dealer must schedule the appointment 60 days in advance.

My appointment is to have the slide adjusted/raised and the side graphics repainted so they align after the slide is adjusted. I also added repair of the electric side of the water heater to the list of items for repair. We discussed our issue with Entegra/Jayco and the dealer via teleconference before we accepted delivery of the. coach. With the dealer sitting there I told Jayco I do not trust the dealer to perform the level of work and repainting on this coach. The day of delivery we had our appointment scheduled. Unfortunately COVID-19 resulted in the appointment having to be rescheduled.
Old 06-02-2020, 01:44 PM   #10

Quote:
Call Jayco or send them an email. You can schedule the appointment and do not need to go through the dealer.

We discussed our issue with Entegra/Jayco and the dealer via teleconference before we accepted delivery of the coach.

That is not normally how they handle routine warranty. Several people have posted on JOF that they were referred to a local dealer in Elkhart for regular warranty issues.

If they say no arodriguez should not feel he is being discriminated against since that has been the norm. Also motorized is handled by a different division.
Old 06-02-2020, 02:36 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Normally they only do warranty work that the dealer is unable to do. Also your dealer is the one who is supposed to schedule it.
I dealt with 3 people. The Jayco/Entegra Customer Service Rep (JF) for thew warranty authorization, the Jayco Factory Service Service Advisor (MG) to discuss what needs to be done and determination of the length of time for the appointment (2 weeks) and the Jayco Factory Service Master Scheduler (DK) to set the date for the appointment (originally April 20 - May 1 but now August 10 - 21). The only thing the dealer did, or was involved in, was scheduling the call and dialing the phone for the initial teleconference with Entegra. The dealer's warranty person got upset because I controlled the discussion with Entegra/Jayco and not her and I did not allow her to address the required repair. I had specific structural and warranty related questions that I wanted answers from Entegra and not a dealer's employee.

Also, FWIW, Jayco asked me if I wanted to bring the coach to Middlebury for all warranty work and my answer was no. We agreed that I will take it back to Middlebury for items I do not trust the dealer to repair and for a final warranty visit at about the 22 month mark if required.

I can't say what used to be or what is happening with towable vs motorized but I do know how things went down for me. Also, page 16 of my Owners Manual in the section titled "Obtaining Service at Our Customer Service Facility" the first bullet states "You or your dealer must make a confirmed appointment 60 days prior to dropping off the recreation vehicle at our Customer Service Facility".
Old 06-02-2020, 02:46 PM   #12

Quote:
can't say what used to be or what is happening with towable vs motorized but I do know how things went down for me. Also, page 16 of my Owners Manual in the section titled "Obtaining Service at Our Customer Service Facility" the first bullet states "You or your dealer must make a confirmed appointment 60 days prior to dropping off the recreation vehicle at our Customer Service Facility".
No disagreement, but you have an ENTEGRA which I can guarantee is handled slightly different than towables. They have a completely separate service facility from where the towable work is done. There are 8 or 10 sites to park your rig ovenight, towable has 2.

Right from a Towable Owner's Manual:

Should your recreation vehicle be in need of service, and your dealer recommends that the repairs be made at our Customer Service facility, your recreation vehicle may be returned to us with the following guidelines*:

 You or your dealer must make a confirmed appointment 60 days prior to dropping
off the recreation vehicle at our Customer Service facility.
Old 06-02-2020, 03:15 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
No disagreement, but you have an ENTEGRA which I can guarantee is handled slightly different than towables. They have a completely separate service facility from where the towable work is done. There are 8 or 10 sites to park your rig ovenight, towable has 2.

Right from a Towable Owner's Manual:

Should your recreation vehicle be in need of service, and your dealer recommends that the repairs be made at our Customer Service facility, your recreation vehicle may be returned to us with the following guidelines*:

 You or your dealer must make a confirmed appointment 60 days prior to dropping
off the recreation vehicle at our Customer Service facility.
Even though it is an Entegra I am going to the same building that handles the Senecas.

I will say my case may be different in that my appointment and conditions were established as a condition of sale and Entegra knew that when we had our teleconference and are recorded in an email audit trail.
Old 06-03-2020, 04:34 PM   #14

My post has nothing to do with the original post but I do feel compelled to comment on the scheduling of warranty service with Jayco.
I purchased my coach from a dealer 300 miles from my home and have never been back. When I had warranty issues arise I contacted Jayco Motorized CS directly. For minor items that could be taken care of locally (headlight alignment, leaking hydraulic jack, etc.) I got preapproval and took it to a local truck repair shop. I paid for it and Jayco reimbursed me.
For my major issue which was water intrusion I made an appointment directly with JMCS and drove it to Middlebury. They told me to make a list of other items for them to take care of while my coach was there. Everything was done in Bldg 40 which is the same location they service all of the Jayco and Entegra Class A’s. I am not sure where they service the Class C line of coaches. It could be the same place but I did not see any while I was there.
You will be met by a service tech who will go over everything that needs to be done and it will all be in writing.
On the day you pick it up that same service tech will again meet with you and go over everything that was done and demonstrate it for you if necessary. This is your opportunity to ask about anything you are not sure of. Including anything that was not worked on. This is where your RV was built and these are the people who know it inside and out. You won’t get this kind of service from a dealer anywhere in the country and I would be very surprised if you left Middlebury disappointed. I was treated like I was their only customer and I have nothing but positive things to say about how my repairs were handled. When I left Indiana I felt as though I now owned the coach that I thought I had driven off the dealer’s lot over a year previous. Not to jinx myself but I still feel that way today.
Jayco’s 2 year warranty is really beneficial if you’re a seasonal user because it gives you an extra year over other brands to make things right. This is my first Jayco RV and most likely my last but I will always remember how well I was treated. I am sure there are others out there who could tell similar stories.