Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2020, 10:17 AM   #41

Latest from the CDC..

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer55 View Post
99.9% survival rate, any way you play it, masks don't do a thing except take away your rights, but you have the right to do and believe what you want, that is why I served the country, I choose to believe in results

I’m confused. How is wearing a mask taking away your rights. Do you not have the right to free speech, vote for your government, etc.? How is the request/requirement different than say requiring certain people who have less than ideal eyesight to wear glasses when they drive, or require me to even take a test to get a license to drive a car? The fact that I have to have a drivers license to legally drive a car or heck, even requiring me to have insurance before I can get a license plate on my car only goes to fill the pockets of the rich insurance company CEOs. Maybe I shouldn’t pay taxes, or not speed, what is a speed limit but governmental controls on what I can do and what I cannot in my car that I paid for (wait, did I pay taxes on that?!?).

The virus does not show symptoms in a lot of people and most do survive; however, for the good of your fellow human and protect the more vulnerable either in your circle or in the circle of those you interact with, wearing a mask as a courtesy is a small price to pay.

Colby
Eastern Ontario, Canada
2018 Jayco 212QB
2020 Ford F150 SuperCrew
Old 06-21-2020, 10:26 AM   #42
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaftCoach View Post
Exactly. We could easily make it 22 million cases and a million deaths with just a little less effort. Why are we so afraid of a million deaths?
It probably could be 22 million cases by the time it's all over, actually I would expect a lot more, if they get a accurate antibody tests.

But since you like numbers, here are some fun facts for you. There was an outbreak on the Theodore Roosevelt aircraft carrier, here are the numbers:

Crew number: 4500
Positive cases: 1156
Hospitalized: 3
Deaths: 1

So tell me, on a ship where so many people are in such tight contact, why weren't there more deaths and serious cases?
Old 06-21-2020, 10:55 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPR View Post
What would the death rate be at this point and time if no precautions had been taken? Just think of the lives that could be saved if the same precautions were taken during flu season.
The death rate would be EXACTLY THE SAME as it always has been …100%! Life has a mortality rate of 100%, people forget that, then beg for more time when Death is at their door because they didn’t take advantage of the time they had...
Old 06-21-2020, 11:32 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanAZ View Post
I'm going to avoid this topic.

Personaly, I'll continue to follow the scientists and their commendations, not politicians and their faux news.
X2

2016 Pinnacle 36 KPTS
2016 F350 Lariat CC LB dually 6.7
Old 06-21-2020, 11:35 AM   #45
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Exactly. We could easily make it 22 million cases
Guess what, if we had a pool going, it looks like you could be the winner for number of cases. Here's the chart of the best estimate on how many have had the virus so far.... you weren't that far off:

So, 6% of 320 million puts us at 19 million, give or take... look at the range, what if it's been 10% - 20%?
Old 06-21-2020, 03:26 PM   #46
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Exactly. We could easily make it 22 million cases and a million deaths with just a little less effort. Why are we so afraid of a million deaths?
I remember there was a reference to higher numbers, so I went back to find the story. Here it is:

......"The actual number of coronavirus cases in the United States is likely significantly higher — as much 10 or even 20 times higher — than the tally of Covid-19 infections currently being reported, a former top federal health official said Tuesday.“There’s certainly under-diagnosis going on,” Dr. Scott Gottlieb said during an interview with CNBC’s “Squawk Box.”

So, what if that is accurate, and the number of true cases is 10x or 20x, what would that do to the official 2.2 million reported now? 22 million? 44 million? More? Then, how would those numbers effect the official fatality number of 119,000?

What would the real fatality rate be? How does that compare to the seasonal flu fatality rate?

Would those actual numbers justify completely shutting down the economy and the country?

So many questions....
Old 06-21-2020, 05:53 PM   #47

Obviously the country has been shut down, cost of trillions of dollars... the curve for the most part was flattened as planned. I'm not arguing the validity or invalidity of that plan.

When the initial wave hit my region, it spiked as predicted, however, it was managed as planned. It has dropped, and reportedly since my region has no restrictions, it has come up slightly, not spiked, and it has had minimal impact currently on hospitalizations, and no new deaths have been reported.

My opinion, as a current health care worker, it is time to "ride the wave", open the country back up, please don't increase restrictions, it has been proven that the masks must be engineered to be virus blocking to have any effect whatsoever, any ol' cotton mask is not going to provide any protection anyway.

If you want to wear a mask, please do so, but please don't make me wear a mask when I know for certain, unless it is medical grade, virus blocking, it provides no protection.

Thanks

2011 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins
2012 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 297 BHS
Old 06-21-2020, 06:25 PM   #48

Quote:
99.9% survival rate, any way you play it, masks don't do a thing except take away your rights, but you have the right to do and believe what you want, that is why I served the country, I choose to believe in results
Not anyway. that is for everyone older people are much higher, much much higher
Old 06-21-2020, 06:35 PM   #49

Point the finger any way you want, but the effect of not controlling this virus is that your camping freedoms are curtailed. Your travel options are limited.
But think any way you want
Camping in Acadia is delayed until August 1. Not because Maine has a lot of cases; it is because of the states where tourists come from have escalating cases.

It was supposed to be July 1.

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Old 06-21-2020, 06:46 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Gass View Post
Point the finger any way you want, but the effect of not controlling this virus is that your camping freedoms are curtailed. Your travel options are limited.
But think any way you want
Camping in Acadia is delayed until August 1. Not because Maine has a lot of cases; it is because of the states where tourists come from have escalating cases.

It was supposed to be July 1.
Right certain states want to quarantine people from florida because they don't know how to act. we camp every or every other week and stay to ourselves. outside is much safer than inside. I wear a mask in every store.
Old 06-21-2020, 08:06 PM   #51

In Texas, we just hit 73% of ICU beds occupied. A bit of a jump.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
Old 06-21-2020, 08:32 PM   #52
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxLoser View Post
In Texas, we just hit 73% of ICU beds occupied. A bit of a jump.
That doesn't tell us anything. People go to the ICU for many difference reasons.
Old 06-21-2020, 08:40 PM   #53

Latest from the CDC..

This is true, but I’m sure Covid has had an effect on it around here as people have become more lax. The demographic of those in the beds is evidence of that as the age is dropping. People like my 74 year old parents are staying in, but the younger folks are out and about.

None of these numbers tell the whole story. In fact I wish the news would quit reporting the number of new cases. I only see that as the number of new tests.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
Old 06-21-2020, 08:59 PM   #54
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Johnson View Post
Not anyway. that is for everyone older people are much higher, much much higher
Yes, the older population is affected much worse, while school age and college age kids and young adults are virtually unaffected. So, why destroy the jobs, economy, lifestyle and future of all these young adults, when the virus doesn't affect them?

I live in NJ, one of two hardest hit states. 50% of deaths have come from the nursing homes, where the older adults WEREN'T protected by the state. These charts show the age ranges of all the deaths. 80% are 65+ in age. The second chart show the pre-existing conditions associated with the people who died. Cardio-vascular disease and diabetes are the two biggest common denominators.

Based on this data, why not just let the elderly and people with existing medical conditions shelter in place, and let everyone else live their lives and keep the economy going?

What did the shutdowns really accomplish for half the residents of the state and ALL the young adults?
Attached Thumbnails
data1.jpg   data2.jpg  
Old 06-22-2020, 12:47 AM   #55

if your afraid stay home, there is no reason you have to leave the safety of your house, your fears do not trump my rights, if all the people who want to stay home do, then your fears are calmed
Old 06-22-2020, 07:44 AM   #56

In Colorado they made the CDC separate the cause of death from Covid. If a patient died from cardiac arrest, car accident, lung cancer BUT TESTED POSITIVE for COVID-19 the CDC REQUIRED the cause of death be COVID-19! This of course skews the death rate and makes Covid look deadlier than it really is... The governor put an end to that BS which actually surprised me!
Old 06-22-2020, 08:25 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado View Post
In Colorado they made the CDC separate the cause of death from Covid. If a patient died from cardiac arrest, car accident, lung cancer BUT TESTED POSITIVE for COVID-19 the CDC REQUIRED the cause of death be COVID-19! This of course skews the death rate and makes Covid look deadlier than it really is... The governor put an end to that BS which actually surprised me!

That’s good. That’s had the numbers skewed for some time now.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
Old 06-22-2020, 08:52 AM   #58
Lost in the Woods

Speaking of skewed numbers. There's a new report out in my state with data (have you figured out yet that I like data versus the crap the MSM dishes out every day?).

They released antibody test results in my state. It said that between 16% - 17% of people tested have the antibodies to Covid. Two other doctor practices have been testing that too, and their results are similar.

So, officially, my state (New Jersey), as of today, claims 169K positive cases and 12.8K deaths. If these antibody tests are accurate, in a state of 9 million people, if you extrapolate it out, that would mean close to 1.5 million people have ACTUALLY had the virus... quite a bit MORE than the official 169K, right?

I know counting cases is tough, counting dead bodies is easier. But, if there's been 1.5 million cases with only 12K deaths..... anyone have a calculator handy?

This new data would also follow with the article I posted before about Scott Gottlieb, where he felt the true numbers could be 10% - 20% higher than reported.

So, what does that tell you? MOST IMPORTANT, the fatality rate is no where as bad as the MSM wants you to believe it is. In fact, the fatality rate from Covid will end up being LOWER than the 3% predicted originally. By a lot!

So, my advise to many of you, turn off your TV, stop listening to the MSM, and go live your lives, and get the country back in business!!
Old 06-22-2020, 08:57 AM   #59
Lost in the Woods

Regarding the MSM...

Has anyone noticed the MSM is breathlessly reporting new cases in the Southern states, but is conveniently leaving out the hospitalization and death numbers?

Why would they do that?

I've been searching to try and find those important numbers, to really see if hospital cases are ramping up equally, but it's not happening... Just higher case numbers.

Someone want to answer that?
Old 06-22-2020, 08:58 AM   #60

I read somewhere early on that scientists didn't think surfaces were the primary vector. It all has to do with the number of particles that are needed to cause an infection. Yet, what have we been told since we were all little kids? Wash your hands. Still one of the best defenses against many diseases.

Quote:
masks don't do a thing except take away your rights, but you have the right to do and believe what you want, that is why I served the country, I choose to believe in results
Science.

https://www.erinbromage.com/post/wha...eal-with-masks

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredOne View Post
My point is, many people are cowering in their houses, afraid of the virus, because the media and officials told them they should...
That's a generalization and not fair to the many people who have done their research. Just because people don't agree with you doesn't mean they are cowering or afraid. Or that they got their info from the media. So who's hiding in their homes? Not us. But we are very cautious and stay away from places with crowds, especially indoors. The media didn't tell me where the dangers are. Science did.
Closed Thread