Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2021, 06:41 PM   #1

Light at the end of the tunnel

DW and I got an e-mail from our health care provider yesterday saying that we can now make an appointment for our virus shots ( We are both 68 ). We are getting them next week! State government ( California ) is running around like chickens with their heads cut off. Thank the heavens for private health care!
1984 gmc k1500 4x4 s/w/b. s/b 350,700r4,373 diff,.restored and upgraded( retired - sold). 2022 Chevy Z-71 Trail Boss 4x4 crew cab s/w/b 6.2 gas a/t. 2018 hummingbird Baja 16mrb,Yamaha ef2400ishc inverter.
Old 02-05-2021, 07:18 PM   #2

We got our 2nd shot last week. All in all FL is doing a pretty good job, the vaccine supply has been the bottleneck.
Old 02-05-2021, 07:38 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
We got our 2nd shot last week. All in all FL is doing a pretty good job, the vaccine supply has been the bottleneck.
Grumpy, the state of California has over 2 million doses in warehouses or in transit ( so we are being told ). I was born and raised in this state and the last 20 years or so have been a little strange!!
1984 gmc k1500 4x4 s/w/b. s/b 350,700r4,373 diff,.restored and upgraded( retired - sold). 2022 Chevy Z-71 Trail Boss 4x4 crew cab s/w/b 6.2 gas a/t. 2018 hummingbird Baja 16mrb,Yamaha ef2400ishc inverter.
Old 02-05-2021, 07:51 PM   #4

You guys are doing much better than us here to the north!

We closed the borders last March because of the rampant cases in the USA, but soon the tables will turn and you won't want to open your borders to us unvaccinated Canadians.

Our Liberal government is an absolute disappointment. We've bought enough vaccines to give each Canadian 9 shots, but we can't get manufacturers to ship them to our country.

I guess we shouldn't have made our bet with China for our vaccines in the first place! Go figure. [emoji849]
Old 02-05-2021, 08:13 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum View Post
You guys are doing much better than us here to the north!

We closed the borders last March because of the rampant cases in the USA, but soon the tables will turn and you won't want to open your borders to us unvaccinated Canadians.

Our Liberal government is an absolute disappointment. We've bought enough vaccines to give each Canadian 9 shots, but we can't get manufacturers to ship them to our country.

I guess we shouldn't have made our bet with China for our vaccines in the first place! Go figure. [emoji849]
We have walked arm and arm with our brothers and sisters to the north for many,many years! We will get threw this and come out on top. I think once we realize that some of our leader's aren't the sharpest knifes in the draw we may be able to fix this mess!
Old 02-05-2021, 08:41 PM   #6

All the media hype south of the border for the last 4 years has gotten in the way of exposing our Prime Minister for the joker he is. He's had so many scandals, that no one should've been able to survive and he's not even sorry for them. He's just laughing his way through this, lining the pockets of his many friends off the backs of tax payers.

I just want the border reopened for some good buffalo wings and pizza!
Old 02-05-2021, 10:06 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum View Post
All the media hype south of the border for the last 4 years has gotten in the way of exposing our Prime Minister for the joker he is. He's had so many scandals, that no one should've been able to survive and he's not even sorry for them. He's just laughing his way through this, lining the pockets of his many friends off the backs of tax payers.

I just want the border reopened for some good buffalo wings and pizza!
Quantum , all I want is to be able to go north to Alaska and stop every morning at a "Mom and Pop restaurant" for breakfast. I have friends that I haven't seen in about 10 years. We have always flown,now we want to drive!! I'm not to crazy about your gun laws, but I will most definitely will respect them! Sometimes we Americans forget that other countries don't have laws that protect the right to bear arms ( me definitely included ). Let's just hope that this ends real soon.
Old 02-05-2021, 10:10 PM   #8

We live in CA. Called last week. Waited 5 minutes on the phone and got appointment the next day. We were in and out in less than 40 minutes and our next appointment is scheduled. But in another county we still cannot get our 91 year old Mother vaccinated yet. And she has a private health care provider. County by County.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
Old 02-05-2021, 11:03 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingjw View Post
We live in CA. Called last week. Waited 5 minutes on the phone and got appointment the next day. We were in and out in less than 40 minutes and our next appointment is scheduled. But in another county we still cannot get our 91 year old Mother vaccinated yet. And she has a private health care provider. County by County.
That has got to take your frustration level to the max. My sister-in-law ( she is 67 ) has Kaiser health care, she was told ( yesterday )if you can get it some where else do it. She was able to get it through Sutter health ( that's our health company).Her appointment is the same day as dw's. Like I said this California distribution system is like a soup sandwich !!!!
Old 02-06-2021, 08:26 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy wife / happy life View Post
Quantum , all I want is to be able to go north to Alaska and stop every morning at a "Mom and Pop restaurant" for breakfast. I have friends that I haven't seen in about 10 years. We have always flown,now we want to drive!! I'm not to crazy about your gun laws, but I will most definitely will respect them! Sometimes we Americans forget that other countries don't have laws that protect the right to bear arms ( me definitely included ). Let's just hope that this ends real soon.
To be honest, I've never felt the need to have a gun and I travel in the USA a lot! I'm probably naive, but when you're not used having a gun, it just seems crazy to me to carry a gun. Plus, in Canada you can't even defend your own property without getting into trouble. More often then not, the person defending themselves gets charged with an offence. Your better off to let the person do what they want Our justice system is terrible.
Old 02-06-2021, 08:43 AM   #11
Site Team

Thread Closed
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Closed Thread