Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2020, 05:58 PM   #1
Site Team

New forum for Covid-19 Topics - README

Please read carefully:

Because of the very high interest and posting activity regarding COVID-19, the site team has established this temporary new forum to contain all threads related to this topic. We have moved existing threads on this topic to this new forum and will continue to move posts and new threads to this area of the forum, regardless of where they were initially posted.

All Community Rules will be strictly enforced in this forum. Posts in violation of the rules may be deleted without notification based on the judgment of the moderators. In addition, posts that exhibit fear-mongering or other anti-social behavior may result in the author’s posting privileges being restricted. Please be especially cautious about posting politically charged content and be sure to report problem posts.

There has been a lot of very useful information and perspective shared here on this topic, but unfortunately also a good bit that doesn't align with forum rules. Please respect your fellow members by thinking through this before posting:

- Is it true?
- Is it helpful?
- Is it kind?

If you have any questions about this, feel free to message any moderator.

Wishing good health to all,
The Moderator Team

P.S. Now go wash your hands!
Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
Old 03-20-2020, 06:14 PM   #2
Site Team

How to ignore posts in this forum

Some folks may not want to see a steady stream of posts from this topic area. Good news - you can ignore them! Here's how:

Using the full web version of the site (not mobile):

1. Open the Covid Topics forum
2. Look at the top of the list of threads for the Forum tools link and click
3. Select "ignore" from the menu items

Posts forum this section of the board will not appear in the right side new feed on in the new posts lists. You can still read this section of the forum by clicking into the forum itself or you can undo these changes any time you desire.

Click image for larger version

Name:	jayco_ignore.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	57210
Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
Old 03-20-2020, 06:40 PM   #3

Thanks for the info, wish I could do this at home on the TV, but for now I just shut it off.
Old 03-20-2020, 09:58 PM   #4

This is one of the reasons I like this forum. It evolves and the site team does a good job of giving us a polite reminder occasionally, sometimes a deserved backhand. Well done and keep it up. Wish I could make the kind on money you guys do doing this.

Gone Fishing!
SIGPIC
Old 03-20-2020, 10:05 PM   #5
Site Team

Thank you Nathan, that's much appreciated. Most of what goes on is a group effort, and an understanding Admin staff that's always there, and willing to listen to us, and you.

And yes, our paychecks are in the 10 figure range this year. We wish...

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
Old 03-21-2020, 07:42 AM   #6

As a Rotarian, I recite this edict regularly:

"Of the things we think, say or do:
-Is it the truth?
-Is it fair to all concerned?
-Will it build good will and better friendships?
-Will it be beneficial to all concerned?"

Words to live by IMO.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Old 03-21-2020, 10:08 AM   #7

If I hear one more how to wash your hands on the radio announcement I will go screaming naked down our street saying I can't take it no more. OK with that visual we will return to our normal postings of what is closed and open campsites.
Old 03-21-2020, 10:41 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by spark of insanity View Post
If I hear one more how to wash your hands on the radio announcement I will go screaming naked down our street saying I can't take it no more. OK with that visual we will return to our normal postings of what is closed and open campsites.
So, you start washing your hands by using..... lol!

I get it, the COVID is a serious thing.
I see it every day of how disgusting peoe.really are. From people on our tax paying dollars to people.in 7 figure homes and everyone in between.
I'm so sick of the COVID thing already and I dont even have it. Am I doing my part, yes. Stay home, avoid crowds, wash my hands more than normal, etc...
I'm thankful that I dont live in a high population area and if food runs short I can shop in my own back yard.
And me screaming naked down my street, bad visual too! Lol!
Old 03-21-2020, 10:43 AM   #9
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by spark of insanity View Post
If I hear one more how to wash your hands on the radio announcement I will go screaming naked down our street saying I can't take it no more.
Will you be posting videos of that?

Asking for a friend...
Old 03-21-2020, 12:22 PM   #10

“Our greatest enemy right now is not the virus itself. It’s fear, rumors and stigma. And our greatest assets are facts, reason and solidarity.”

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
Old 03-21-2020, 08:16 PM   #11

Delay on the new TT

Is it horrible selfish of me to be disappointed in this whole quarantine thing because it will delay delivery of out new TT we ordered in Feb?
Old 03-21-2020, 08:31 PM   #12
Site Team

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerHappyPlace View Post
Is it horrible selfish of me to be disappointed in this whole quarantine thing because it will delay delivery of out new TT we ordered in Feb?
Believe me, I'm sure you're not alone, wondering. On a smaller scale, I'm waiting for a new truck cap from Elkhart to replace the first one that arrived at the dealer damaged. I expected it to be on my truck 5 days ago, and got the bad news. I'm going to try and call the manufacturer Monday, and hope for the best. I haven't heard if Indiana is shutting down unnecessary businesses yet, or not. We can keep hoping for the best.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
Old 03-25-2020, 12:08 PM   #13

COVID and traveling

Hello! Can we still travel with our 32BHDS? We're going to a private campground scheduled to leave the St. Louis, MO, area on 3/31 going to Cosby, TN. The campground is in the Smoky Mountains and the town is 20 miles from anything. We'll be crossing through southern Illinois and Kentucky, then into Tennessee (Nashville to Knoxville to Cosby). I don't want to appear indifferent to the current situation but if we're not bothering anyone and not stopping for food (only fuel and restroom), are we still ok to travel? I'd hate to get pulled over then have to tell the trooper, "hey...we're going camping!" I appreciate any insight or comments on this.
Old 03-28-2020, 12:19 PM   #14

I’m set to travel in a week also. I asked the same question and got a lot of crap from people who are terrified of this virus. For me, I say let it roll! You shouldn’t have too many issues. Fuel and food are essential so you’ll always have access to them. Some people have mentioned that you may have to self quarantine when you get where you’re going but that sounds ridiculous. Isn’t that what we’re doing anyway when we camp? Good luck. Just keep an eye out on websites for the states on closings. I know great smoky national park is closed. And that includes the southern part of the blue ridge parkway.
Old 03-28-2020, 12:32 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sottile120 View Post
I’m set to travel in a week also. I asked the same question and got a lot of crap from people who are terrified of this virus. For me, I say let it roll! You shouldn’t have too many issues. Fuel and food are essential so you’ll always have access to them. Some people have mentioned that you may have to self quarantine when you get where you’re going but that sounds ridiculous. Isn’t that what we’re doing anyway when we camp? Good luck. Just keep an eye out on websites for the states on closings. I know great smoky national park is closed. And that includes the southern part of the blue ridge parkway.
Better leave now https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whi...ticut-n1171186

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Old 03-28-2020, 02:47 PM   #16

May Long weekend Ontario camping?

Hello new to the forum. Any thoughts on will we be able to take our trailers out on the May Long weekend.

Cheers.....2017 White Hawk 24RKS!

Walls
Old 03-28-2020, 04:45 PM   #17

As someone on the front lines: Stay home. We are donning PPE and flying folks who are fighting for their life because either they didn’t, or someone else didn’t.

It sucks.
Old 03-28-2020, 05:03 PM   #18

Now would be a good time to run naked down the street...the streets are empty....no one would know! Probably a good idea to wear footwear, though.
2020 Eagle HT 30.5 CKTS Modern Farmhouse (16" wheels, spring shackles set on lower hole of frame, SumoSprings TSS-107-40, standard kingpin, B&W Companion slider, TST-507 TPMS, Progressive Industries hardwired 50A EMS HW-50C)
2019 F250 SRW SuperCab 4X4 SB 6.2 (10,000# GVW) 3.73 Axle 18" wheels
Old 03-28-2020, 05:24 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Ton Heavy View Post
As someone on the front lines: Stay home. We are donning PPE and flying folks who are fighting for their life because either they didn’t, or someone else didn’t.

It sucks.
Too many folks in general are thinking everyone is overreacting. My kids have all been ordered to work in NYC as medics or liason officers.'My worst fear is that my grandkids will lose a parent. It is not funny..There have been deaths among front line personnel. My Son in Law is in on the action team running all cardiac arrests from Covid 19 at a large teaching hospital. It is possible he too will die

Be part of the solution not part of the problem

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Old 03-29-2020, 12:02 PM   #20

Couple of articles from RV life

Here’s What Is Open And Closed Due To COVID-19

https://rvlife.com/campground-closures-2020/

Full Hookups Save Lives. Help Keep RV Parks Open During COVID-19.

https://rvlife.com/help-keep-rv-parks-open/

What The RV Industry Is Doing To Help In The Coronavirus Crisis

https://rvlife.com/rv-industry/?utm_...m_medium=email
Closed Thread