Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2020, 05:45 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levinehikeski View Post
This has been the case in most of New England for quite a while. Please, just don’t be dumb. Maybe a mask might stop someone with COVID from transmitting it, maybe it doesn’t, but nobody can say that it doesn’t stop at least some of the moisture from spraying when you sneeze, it has to stop some, at least.
And we are camping locally. Exploring all of our home State which now has reached the lowest infection rate of all States. We are almost back to being infection free because we did quarantine visitors. When you arrive at a campground you have to fill out a form if you are out of state. If you lie and contact tracing implies you you can face a stiff fine.

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Old 07-19-2020, 12:19 PM   #22

Michigan is a great state to visit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spark of insanity View Post
I would avoid Michigan at all costs. I live here and the dictator has gotten so bad now that she is making masks a law which she cannot do but no one is stopping her. So as of July 20 masks in Michigan is mandatory and if you do not wear one some counties are sending out the governors police to enforce it. So at this point Michigan is a great state if you avoid it and not want to live by the dictators rule. We are planning a trip to Alaska next year. Hopefully this scourge will be a distant memory. Good luck and happy trails everyone.
Sorry, 28 states plus PR and DC also mandate masks. Michigan is a great state to visit with lots of beautiful natural wonders!
Old 07-19-2020, 12:29 PM   #23

Come visit Texas where you don't have to wear a mask AND you have a better chance of catching the virus.
Old 07-19-2020, 12:51 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaftCoach View Post
Come visit Texas where you don't have to wear a mask AND you have a better chance of catching the virus.
No thanks!!

Hmm masks and the other measures seem to work. We have 10 people in the hospital statewide with CV 19 and 400 active cases statewide

But with the way CV is out of control in other areas I think next year will be way worse. But hey it is your right to do what you want and feed the virus. Obeying some restrictions now could be better for your travel plans later.

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Old 07-19-2020, 02:06 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Gass View Post
No thanks!!

Hmm masks and the other measures seem to work. We have 10 people in the hospital statewide with CV 19 and 400 active cases statewide

But with the way CV is out of control in other areas I think next year will be way worse. But hey it is your right to do what you want and feed the virus. Obeying some restrictions now could be better for your travel plans later.
It will not be worse next year. We will have vaccines and treatments next year.
Old 07-19-2020, 02:50 PM   #26

My crystal ball says, nobody knows. I do know that NM cancelled our out of state reservations at state park last weekend.
Old 07-19-2020, 02:58 PM   #27
Site Team

There is now CV tracking being placed on certain smart phones around the country. That's how they'll know where you are, where you went, and for how long you stayed there. We don't have smart phones, but a close friend, who's a computer geek, said the app appeared on his and he can't get rid of it. There are tons of articles on google about it lately.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
Old 07-19-2020, 05:45 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlightRisk View Post
There is now CV tracking being placed on certain smart phones around the country. That's how they'll know where you are, where you went, and for how long you stayed there. We don't have smart phones, but a close friend, who's a computer geek, said the app appeared on his and he can't get rid of it. There are tons of articles on google about it lately.
That's a myth, and if your friend is really a computer geek, he could easily remove an app. Here is an article on forbes.com exposing the false rumor.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/daveywi.../#bc5bf0b60545
Old 07-19-2020, 06:56 PM   #29

New Mexico is using smartphone data to track the spread of the coronavirus and social distancing. Mike Warren, co-founder of Descartes Labs, says the data is anonymous: it is not revealed who the phone belongs to.

https://www.krqe.com/health/coronavi...ncing-success/
Old 07-19-2020, 07:30 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlightRisk View Post

It’s on both of our iPhones, but it can be de-selected. On Apple products, it’s within the health section under settings. Crazy stuff.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1986.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	61402
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
Old 07-20-2020, 01:05 PM   #31

And here I thought the Jayco Forum was my "safe space" on social media! Love to read all the helpful hints, shared information about parks, and photos. But now we have a comment about the "dictator" governor of Michigan. Simply comment that Michigan has a requirement to wear a mask and we can each make decision about travel plans. BTW, mask requirements are in place in a number of states, cities, towns and counties, so be prepared and be flexible. Safe travels everyone!
Old 07-20-2020, 07:24 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by spark of insanity View Post
I would avoid Michigan at all costs. I live here and the dictator has gotten so bad now that she is making masks a law which she cannot do but no one is stopping her. So as of July 20 masks in Michigan is mandatory and if you do not wear one some counties are sending out the governors police to enforce it. So at this point Michigan is a great state if you avoid it and not want to live by the dictators rule. We are planning a trip to Alaska next year. Hopefully this scourge will be a distant memory. Good luck and happy trails everyone.
I also live in Michigan and am not a fan of our current state leader. That being said I do not feel the mask order is out of line.

First of all it is not an enforceable law. It is more of recommendation. Stores where I live are stating you must have a mask to enter. So basically it is now "No Shirt, No Shoes, No Mask, NO Service. Not a big deal to me.

I have no issue wearing a mask when required. I wear one when going to the store. I probably wear a mask on average about 20 minutes a day. In the big picture of life hardships it is minimal. I've had many casts and a pin or two getting bones healed. I've had the flu and and pneumonia that set me back for a week or two. I've had a few other life experiences that set me back much more.

So wearing a mask for maybe 20 minutes a day is not a huge issue to me.

Who knows the life I save may be my own or maybe my wife or kids.

I'll say don't come to Michigan so there are more camp sites available for us it is getting really hard to book a good State Campground site.

Stay safe and happy travels to all.

A Smart phone is one that is NOT in your hand while driving!
Old 07-20-2020, 08:48 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaftCoach View Post
based on what scientific evidence???? asking for a friend...
Old 07-20-2020, 08:50 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosterizer View Post
It will not be worse next year. We will have vaccines and treatments next year.
but wait if you had it and have the antibodies you can get it again... so how is a vaccine going to stop it?? are you saying that vaccine created anti bodies are better than the natural ones that apparently don't work???
Old 07-21-2020, 11:19 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by curver900 View Post
but wait if you had it and have the antibodies you can get it again... so how is a vaccine going to stop it?? are you saying that vaccine created anti bodies are better than the natural ones that apparently don't work???
I don't want to get too deep in the weeds here, because this is a Jayco forum about RVs, and I don't expect a deep understanding of clinical data or immunology.

But, please understand the issue of reinfection and vaccination is more complex than your post above would imply.

For those interested, diving deep in to the Oxford vaccine efforts is likely to prove educational. One nuance is the misunderstanding that antibodies are the only aspect associated with effective vaccines. Another misunderstanding is believing that successful vaccines are 100% clinically effective. A third centers on the fact that our current and novel testing tools and protocols unfortunately allow for some bad data.
Old 07-21-2020, 11:29 AM   #36

No state can force you to quarantine when entering the state. Forcing you to be confined to your home, rv, or anywhere else for that matter, is essentially placing you on house arrest for not committing any crime which is a violation of your constitutional rights. You have a right to move from state to state without restriction. The governor’s quarantine or stay at home “orders” are not law.

Feel free to move or not move about how you please. Use common sense; wash your hands, maybe wear your mask, don’t lick your fingers, and use basic good hygiene practices. The world is not ending.
Old 07-21-2020, 11:38 AM   #37
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vista View Post
Another misunderstanding is believing that successful vaccines are 100% clinically effective.
That's true, the seasonal flu vaccine rarely makes it over 50% effective the last decade.

Has there ever been a successful vaccine for a RNA virus (which the Covid is)? There's never been one for other Coronaviruses (the Common Cold, SARS, MERS) or HIV, etc.
Old 07-21-2020, 01:28 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredOne View Post
That's true, the seasonal flu vaccine rarely makes it over 50% effective the last decade.

Has there ever been a successful vaccine for a RNA virus (which the Covid is)? There's never been one for other Coronaviruses (the Common Cold, SARS, MERS) or HIV, etc.
I am not aware of one in humans. Fortunately, there is a first time for everything! And there are a lot of smart people trying to figure this one out.
Old 07-21-2020, 01:40 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vista View Post
I don't want to get too deep in the weeds here, because this is a Jayco forum about RVs, and I don't expect a deep understanding of clinical data or immunology.

But, please understand the issue of reinfection and vaccination is more complex than your post above would imply.

For those interested, diving deep in to the Oxford vaccine efforts is likely to prove educational. One nuance is the misunderstanding that antibodies are the only aspect associated with effective vaccines. Another misunderstanding is believing that successful vaccines are 100% clinically effective. A third centers on the fact that our current and novel testing tools and protocols unfortunately allow for some bad data.

it's not complex... show me one vaccine for a virus that is effective... just one year they were able to provide a vaccine for a virus that worked better than 50%... I'm game...
by the time they come up with a vaccine the virus will have mutated... I am still waiting for my cold vaccine...

if you aren't seeing that after the mask debacle that the next step is to require a vaccine to move about, buy something, go somewhere you will have been woke....
Old 07-21-2020, 02:15 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by curver900 View Post
it's not complex... show me one vaccine for a virus that is effective... just one year they were able to provide a vaccine for a virus that worked better than 50%... I'm game...
by the time they come up with a vaccine the virus will have mutated... I am still waiting for my cold vaccine...

if you aren't seeing that after the mask debacle that the next step is to require a vaccine to move about, buy something, go somewhere you will have been woke....
Ummm, the vaccine for polio has been quite effective. When was the last time a case of polio was in the news?
Closed Thread