Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-21-2020, 08:56 PM   #21
Lost in the Woods

Just wait until you see what the Reflex does to the steering when you hit all those crappy patches they do in the roads.
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 05:20 AM   #22

I decided on the Bilstein like I had on my rig prior. It was totally fine for me driving to the ‘House of Mouse’ last year. I never wanted for anything more.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 07:43 AM   #23

Come to Pa, then head to Philadelphia with your rig. They have a new policy not arrest anyone except for a violent Felony. I doubt that they will stop you for driving a RV when you can rob a store of their TP without going to jail

015 Ford F250 Lariat SD
2015 Jayco WhiteHawk 27DSRL (Sold)
2017 KZ Durango D281RLT.
RSerendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 10:10 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSerendipity View Post
Come to Pa, then head to Philadelphia with your rig. They have a new policy not arrest anyone except for a violent Felony. I doubt that they will stop you for driving a RV when you can rob a store of their TP without going to jail
Pennsylvania closed all their rest stops--were they afraid we were going to steal all the TP from them?
Old 03-22-2020, 10:39 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by pward View Post
Washington state has been locked for awhile. I took the Redhawk out of the storage unit today (keycard, touched no one), brought it home and parked in the alley to drain the antifreeze and try out the water system. Saw no one, talked to no one and touched no one. Finished the water system (I hope as this is the first time for me) and went to the gas station to fill up the beast. Drove around to warm up everything and then back to the storage unit.

The purpose of the stay at home thing is to limit interaction with other people in close quarters. If your the only one in your RV you are not interacting with anyone. Go drive and enjoy.
Washington State Parks are still open, however; Oregon State Parks are also open, but not accepting new reservations. That said, this is a very fluid situation and conditions are changing daily. Notice from Oregon :

We have prepared a special web page with frequently asked questions (http://bit.ly/park-covid). One of the most popular questions relates to cancellations. We understand that the current situation may force last-minute changes. To respond to this situation, we are modifying our policy now through May 12, 2020 to include a refund for all site rental fees, even for cancellations that happen the same day as the reservation. We are unable to refund the $8 online reservation fee at this time. If you have questions that are not found on the OPRD website, please reach out to park info by email at park.info@oregon.gov or call 1-800-551-6949, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m..
Building Inspector & Navy Vet.
F250dieseldad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 11:35 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by F250dieseldad View Post
Washington State Parks are still open, however; Oregon State Parks are also open, but not accepting new reservations. That said, this is a very fluid situation and conditions are changing daily. Notice from Oregon :

We have prepared a special web page with frequently asked questions (http://bit.ly/park-covid). One of the most popular questions relates to cancellations. We understand that the current situation may force last-minute changes. To respond to this situation, we are modifying our policy now through May 12, 2020 to include a refund for all site rental fees, even for cancellations that happen the same day as the reservation. We are unable to refund the $8 online reservation fee at this time. If you have questions that are not found on the OPRD website, please reach out to park info by email at park.info@oregon.gov or call 1-800-551-6949, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m..
Oregon state parks close on April 2nd. They left them open because of spring break.
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 02:47 PM   #27

Better than getting the Covid 19 virus. Wait until these kids start coming back from the beaches during spring break and start infecting everyone. I am considered an essential worker here in NY. and accordingly have to report to work. (Hydroelectric Powerhouse Generation)...Stay safe and wash,wash, wash,
Old 03-22-2020, 03:29 PM   #28

Six students at University of Tampa came back from break and tested positive. One is said to have been " travelling overseas"...

Jay Feather 19XUD, pushing a Jeep Grand Cherokee
WeRJuliian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 03:45 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by goducks View Post
Oregon state parks close on April 2nd. They left them open because of spring break.
Guess the state didn't take the social distancing protocols seriously! Coupled with what's been on the news about spring break on the southern beaches.........I think you guys will see some serious infection and death rates.

It was reported that one spring break kid infects 2 of his friends, those two infect 2 more and so on...........10 million in a 2 weeks with the possibility in the following weeks for 1.5 million deaths!
freetime58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 04:11 PM   #30

Reality is coming home to us here in North America very quickly. According to this - https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashb...23467b48e9ecf6, the US now has more confirmed cases than Spain and the State of NY is 8th in terms of deaths and Washington State is 10th. We are about a week or so behind Western Europe. Hopefully we can slow this thing down so that we don't overtax the health system.

Colby
Eastern Ontario, Canada
2018 Jayco 212QB
2020 Ford F150 SuperCrew
colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 04:17 PM   #31

Washington State Parks now closed until April 30. Will probably be extended.
Old 03-22-2020, 05:44 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraftonGuns View Post
Better than getting the Covid 19 virus. Wait until these kids start coming back from the beaches during spring break and start infecting everyone. I am considered an essential worker here in NY. and accordingly have to report to work. (Hydroelectric Powerhouse Generation)...Stay safe and wash,wash, wash,
Welcome to the group of "Essential Workers"!!! Not that I am sure that it is a good or bad thing so far....
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 07:14 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by pward View Post
The police have no authority to stop some one for "driving around" as the governor's wish is not state law. Regardless, enjoy your time alone.
I wish more people understood this. Don't want to get political but Amen!
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 07:17 PM   #34
Site Team

I was one of those “essentials” for 25 years. I’m glad some younger ones are keeping the communications working!
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 07:25 PM   #35

I wish I could camp in the driveway, dealer has our 5er for repairs and is now closed. Wife and I are both essential employees , her a nurse and me DOT. Still have the fire ring in back yard so can pretend.
Old 03-22-2020, 07:28 PM   #36

Oregon state parks are closed down starting 3/23.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aC4...MafSHdF6p53DGg

We are by the Oregon Dunes recreation area and all the private campgrounds are packed! I just saw a post saying they are closing down the Dunes area but trying to confirm it.

Rustynuts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 07:31 PM   #37
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlinhomeauto View Post
I wish I could camp in the driveway, dealer has our 5er for repairs and is now closed.
Wow... that could be a heads up for anyone who's rig is currently sitting at the dealer, and the state is talking about shutting down. These shutdowns will last weeks into possibly months. Wonder if it would be a good idea to go retrieve your rigs and get them back into your possession.

Who knows if the dealer can survive the shutdown and closes up. It would then be a MAJOR pain to get your rig back...
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 05:01 PM   #38

Well some States are acting on this in a Positive way. Missouri, Maine, & Arkansas opened up Fishing without a License for the next few weeks. Helps keep some Sanity

https://www.foxnews.com/us/missouri-...it-coronavirus

015 Ford F250 Lariat SD
2015 Jayco WhiteHawk 27DSRL (Sold)
2017 KZ Durango D281RLT.
RSerendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 05:58 PM   #39

Michigan is now free entry into parks and open campgrounds. No pass required. Too bad most all of them are still closed because it's still winter. Lol!
Old 03-24-2020, 06:47 PM   #40

Although Indiana is on lockdown, campgrounds are open and driving to them is permitted.
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote