Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-01-2020, 07:22 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredOne View Post
Makes no sense.. our governor opens up state parks but doesn't allow camping until the end of May (maybe).. Do our state parks allow motorhomes or just trailers? I was nosing around and couldn't figure it out. I saw some that allowed trailers. Are we considered "trailers" too?

Wanna come to PA with us this weekend?
Iíve seen motorhomes over at Allaire. So it does happen. Though honestly in a RV Iíd really prefer full hookups. I donít like dealing with a dump station or honey wagon.

On the flipside Allaire has nice facilities for showering. At least they were very nice when I was there a few years ago.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 06:43 AM   #82

We are camping this weekend, we found a site at Lawrence Shoals park on lake Oconee, it’s a Ga power park. The park is full, last week when we booked it there were three left, one got booked before we could view it on google, so we blindly book one of the two that remained open, turned out to be a great site.

Old 05-02-2020, 07:56 AM   #83

Quote:
Life is all about risks. Every day you step out of bed could be your last day.

How do you know you won't get killed in your car today driving to the grocery store? 40,000 people die in car crashes every year and hundreds of thousands become permanently disabled because of wrecks. Does that stop you from driving?

My suggestion, stop worrying and start living.
Car wrecks are the result of someone doing something wrong. If I drive my car in a normal fashion I have zero risk from myself of getting into a wreck.
It's the other drivers that're are putting my life at risk. Same as those not adhering to CDC guidelines.

And I am living. I'm out 3+ times a week and am going glamping next weekend.
I do take risks. My point is If everyone would adhere to the CDC guidelines all States could reopen camping. But States know that there's too many people that would say screw the guidelines and possibly infect others.
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 08:31 AM   #84
Site Team

We are preparing to start getting back to normal. Our state, SC. Ga and Tn and NC adjoining are also. Hopefully we can salvage a little of the camping year.
2017 GMC Terrain (future TOAD)

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 09:32 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopopsy View Post
Iíve seen motorhomes over at Allaire. So it does happen. Though honestly in a RV Iíd really prefer full hookups. I donít like dealing with a dump station or honey wagon.

On the flipside Allaire has nice facilities for showering. At least they were very nice when I was there a few years ago.

Our friendly governor just opened all campgrounds up, quick, change your PA plans to NJ for the weekend!!

2019 Redhawk 24B

RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 09:55 AM   #86

At least they are all open. Here in Vt they opening today at 25% max level and no out of state people plus you have to certify that you havent left Vt in two weeks. At 25% it is not covering expenses at most locations. State parks won't open till mid june.
RVermont is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 10:21 AM   #87

Well, I was recently diagnosed with the COVID virus and am planning my existence with this infection in mind. I was diagnosed through the sheriff's dept. employee testing program so they are taking care of any medical costs. I was diagnosed with hits on the IgG test which means that I was infected 2-3 weeks ago, probably at a park detail that I've been working.

I'm also over 65 so Medicare will probably be invoked, also.

I'm presently building an earth sheltered home on my property and do have shore power now so no generators to keep up. I am in the process of installing a 1000 gallon water tank so should have a steady H2O source. I did recently hook up to my newly installed septic system.

Nice to have a working refrigerator! I do live in the mountains and don't have any connections to cell or internet service.

Any recommendations for me?
Old 05-22-2020, 10:50 AM   #88

I've been in PA since last night !

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 11:39 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercman View Post
Well, I was recently diagnosed with the COVID virus and am planning my existence with this infection in mind. I was diagnosed through the sheriff's dept. employee testing program so they are taking care of any medical costs. I was diagnosed with hits on the IgG test which means that I was infected 2-3 weeks ago, probably at a park detail that I've been working.

I'm presently building an earth sheltered home on my property and do have shore power now so no generators to keep up. I am in the process of installing a 1000 gallon water tank so should have a steady H2O source. I did recently hook up to my newly installed septic system.

Nice to have a working refrigerator! I do live in the mountains and don't have any connections to cell or internet service.

No recommendations as such, but thoughts and prayers are with you.

Colby
Eastern Ontario, Canada
2018 Jayco 212QB
colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 12:57 PM   #90

Get well soon mercman............keep strong thoughts.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 01:33 PM   #91

How do you get 'certify' if you haven't left the state? Sounds like Nazi Germany, 'papers please' . I'd say keeps your principals and keep your rights. I'll leave politics out of here.
Old 05-22-2020, 05:56 PM   #92

Open campgrounds

Quote:
Our friendly governor just opened all campgrounds up, quick, change your PA plans to NJ for the weekend!!
I'm in Wisconsin now at a campground that strictly enforces social distancing, there are only 20 to 40 people at many campsites. I can't wait till all the people get sick. We went past the food stores and no social distancing. This is Wisconsin
Bill Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 07:07 PM   #93

We were camping last weekend at Blanton Creek park on lake Harding, the tent camping area is a point that goes out in the lake kind of shaped like Florida. That place was completely full, looked like Woodstock ( if youíre not old enough to remember look it up, big crowd)
Old 05-22-2020, 07:22 PM   #94
Site Team

Quote:

Prayers for a full recovery. You are the only JOF member who has let the group know that they tested positive that I have heard of. Make sure they take good care of you and keep us posted. Do you have anyone with you in case of emergency?

The recovery rate is very high and I'm hoping that stays in your favor!
2017 GMC Terrain (future TOAD)

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 05:40 AM   #95

Mercman sorry I missed or it didn't register that you were sick, keep fighting!
Old 05-23-2020, 09:55 AM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Johnson View Post
I'm in Wisconsin now at a campground that strictly enforces social distancing, there are only 20 to 40 people at many campsites. I can't wait till all the people get sick. We went past the food stores and no social distancing. This is Wisconsin
Just wondering, if you're that scared of getting sick, why did you venture out to the campground and not stay home?

2019 Redhawk 24B

RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 10:40 AM   #97

I'm relaxing with the wife and granddaughter and not near anyone so I won't catch anything. I don't use their washrooms or showers. I have things like wood and ice delivered to my site. When we came in I stood outside and they gave me a folder for the campground and we wiped everything down
Old 05-23-2020, 11:10 AM   #98

Quote:

Get well soon