Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-01-2020, 06:18 PM   #61

I just finished my 50amp outlet at the driveway while on Stay at Home orders. Looks like I'll pull the camper from the building to the driveway, plug her in and camp at my own campground.
Festor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 05:04 PM   #62

All South Carolina State Park camp grounds are closed until 5/8/2020 for now. ☹
csking17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 07:16 PM   #63
Site Team

We have some friends who are camping in a KOA after having SC SP reservations cancelled.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 09:53 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
Yep, that's a county park! If you ever get back down here, pm me. I live 4 miles from JICP.
Wow, small world, as I live off Ft Johnson by JICHS....
ericloz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 07:17 AM   #65
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericloz View Post
Wow, small world, as I live off Ft Johnson by JICHS....
Harborwoods 1 2or 3? We have another member there also. I am in Lighthouse Point.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 09:25 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
Harborwoods 1 2or 3? We have another member there also. I am in Lighthouse Point.
Wow... Brigantine Drive...

We’re the 28BHS on the corner.
ericloz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 02:00 PM   #67
Lost in the Woods

The lovely Governor from New Jersey said this morning to plan for the lock down to continue through April, through May, and might start to lighten up maybe by June or July...

The natives will probably get a bit restless soon....
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 02:03 PM   #68

I was holding out home for some loosening by Memorial Day but its not looking very good.

I had no trips planned in June, July we were in Lancaster PA in Jellystone. If that park is open, I doubt the water park will be. The kids will still be a little bummed.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 03:00 PM   #69
Lost in the Woods

We were suppose to leave today for a trip down through Eastern Maryland, VA Beach and up to Richmond, but of course, it got cancelled...

Since these dictators have shown their hands, I'm just going to plan a trip, and find an open KOA, and have some fun. Screw them.... I certainly ain't waiting until June...
Old 04-15-2020, 03:10 PM   #70

Those of us in Idaho were hoping but we are extended thru April. But I think we will be released after that.... Our state legislators were not pleased that we have been closed up...
msubobcatsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 12:56 PM   #71

NJ will allow state and county parks to open again this weekend. I’m not sure if that applies to camping in them though.

Golf courses opening again too.

Hey - its a start. Fingers crossed for Memorial Day I’d really like to break my rig in.

Old 04-29-2020, 03:49 PM   #72

Camping open?

Not in our state, some are open but not for camping. Wisconsin Supreme court made the election voting happen on time even though the people wanted to wait. Now 52 people have the covid 19 virus just by being near other people. I think that's why they don't want people camping yet. By me when camping season is open many families get together sometimes in six different spots. They usually play games all day on different lots with children running all over the place. That was before the virus, I don't think it would change now, everyone would get together and spread the virus. I feel that's why they're they are waiting
Bill Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 04:25 PM   #73

Here in Florida it would not surprise me if they keep the State Parks closed until July 4th. I don’t Need thier bathhouse or bathrooms,,,Open up and let us go camping..No they would rather open up beaches and let the the public drink beer and not social distance,,it goes back to FOLLOW the MONEY....
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 06:30 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Ranger View Post
Here in Florida it would not surprise me if they keep the State Parks closed until July 4th. I don’t Need thier bathhouse or bathrooms,,,Open up and let us go camping..No they would rather open up beaches and let the the public drink beer and not social distance,,it goes back to FOLLOW the MONEY....
I think if we all go camping and stay to ourselves, this will be safer than just about any other type of vacation. Fish, hike or just enjoy the time in nature
Bill Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 10:46 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Ranger View Post
Here in Florida ...
... state parks might be accepting camping reservations from 5/16 onwards.
The official websites don't say so, but ReserveAmerica is showing availability, and our booking for the end of May has not been cancelled.

It may depend on how crazy people get in the next few days of "phased re-open"

Jay Feather 19XUD, pushing a Jeep Grand Cherokee
WeRJuliian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 05:15 AM   #76

PA is allowing campgrounds to open today. Yesterday I switched my Memorial Day trip from NJ to PA. I didn’t want to wait out my Governor and roll the dice with my trip.

I moved my reservation w/ NJ to June. Hopefully by than things will be more clear.

Old 05-01-2020, 08:56 AM   #77

Michigan govenor extended our lockdown until the end of may and we were informed yesterday by our Department of Natural Resources that the state campgrounds are staying closed until the end of june. So all of our reservations we had up to then have been cancelled and refunded.
I'm about ready to re winterize it, throw the cover back on it and lick my wounds on the $3k I spent on the brake conversion mod I did.
I did get out and enjoy nature for a few days but filled my turkey tag on a nice tom that will make the record book for Michigan. So now I get to sit and watch my grass grow slowly. Lol
Old 05-01-2020, 09:45 AM   #78
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopopsy View Post
PA is allowing campgrounds to open today. Yesterday I switched my Memorial Day trip from NJ to PA. I didn’t want to wait out my Governor and roll the dice with my trip.

I moved my reservation w/ NJ to June. Hopefully by than things will be more clear.
Makes no sense.. our governor opens up state parks but doesn't allow camping until the end of May (maybe).. Do our state parks allow motorhomes or just trailers? I was nosing around and couldn't figure it out. I saw some that allowed trailers. Are we considered "trailers" too?

Wanna come to PA with us this weekend?
Old 05-01-2020, 10:19 AM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Johnson View Post
I think if we all go camping and stay to ourselves, this will be safer than just about any other type of vacation. Fish, hike or just enjoy the time in nature
That's way way easier said than done. So many families go camping at the same time. I could go with all my kids and their families but how do I know that none are infected? Problem is there's enough people that think this Covid thing is a joke and those are the ones that are ruining it for those that would try and adhere to social distancing guidelines.
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 10:26 AM   #80
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by goducks View Post
That's way way easier said than done. So many families go camping at the same time. I could go with all my kids and their families but how do I know that none are infected? Problem is there's enough people that think this Covid thing is a joke and those are the ones that are ruining it for those that would try and adhere to social distancing guidelines.
Life is all about risks. Every day you step out of bed could be your last day.

How do you know you won't get killed in your car today driving to the grocery store? 40,000 people die in car crashes every year and hundreds of thousands become permanently disabled because of wrecks. Does that stop you from driving?

My suggestion, stop worrying and start living.