Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-11-2020, 01:54 PM   #1

RV Sales Surging

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyl...ockdown-orders

Opposite what most people were predicting.
Old 05-11-2020, 02:15 PM   #2

From the article: "RVs, which can easily provide temporary housing for families to self-isolate, according to LCI Industries' CEO Jason Lippert. LCI Industries is a subsidiary of Lippert Components Inc., which supplies highly engineered components for the leading original equipment manufacturers in the recreation and transportation product markets."

I cannot help but chuckle at that statement.
1996 Viking Pop-up
1979 Coleman 8 man cabin tent
1967 G.I Joe (hasbro) canvas pup tent
THE MEEKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 02:31 PM   #3

I laughed as well.
Old 05-11-2020, 04:27 PM   #4
Lost in the Woods

Surging to what?

There were no numbers or sales data in the article.
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 04:58 PM   #5
Lost in the Woods

Maybe not...
RV industry's return to peak sales to be 'slow and bumpy' amid COVID-driven economy

The number of RV shipments will likely bottom out in the second quarter that started this month, but there could be slow increases by the third or fourth quarters. Shipments this year won’t match 2019 levels, and he sees the numbers for 2021 being higher than 2020.

https://www.goshennews.com/news/rv-i...bb045d7be.html
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 07:04 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredOne View Post
Maybe not...
RV industry's return to peak sales to be 'slow and bumpy' amid COVID-driven economy

The number of RV shipments will likely bottom out in the second quarter that started this month, but there could be slow increases by the third or fourth quarters. Shipments this year won’t match 2019 levels, and he sees the numbers for 2021 being higher than 2020.

https://www.goshennews.com/news/rv-i...bb045d7be.html
Or both. With the factories closed the current inventory may sell quickly then a drop until supply meets demand.
Old 05-11-2020, 07:20 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaftCoach View Post
https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyl...ockdown-orders

Opposite what most people were predicting.
I wouldn’t put any stock in this “story,” which is one of the worst pieces of reporting I’ve seen. A self-serving quote by Lippert’s CEO with no numbers and an IG post by Miranda Lambert does not provide much factual evidence of a surge. I find it hard to believe a family that was planning a plane trip-hotel vacation is suddenly going to buy a trailer (and possibly a pickup) and all that is necessary for RVing just to take a vacation. And that’s if they didn’t lose their jobs from this horrible crisis.
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 10:07 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyDuck View Post
I wouldn’t put any stock in this “story,” which is one of the worst pieces of reporting I’ve seen. A self-serving quote by Lippert’s CEO with no numbers and an IG post by Miranda Lambert does not provide much factual evidence of a surge. I find it hard to believe a family that was planning a plane trip-hotel vacation is suddenly going to buy a trailer (and possibly a pickup) and all that is necessary for RVing just to take a vacation. And that’s if they didn’t lose their jobs from this horrible crisis.
I understand your feelings on the story and, while there might not be many of us, my family falls squarely into the category of cancelling a traditional family vacation in favor of an RV. I've never slept even one night in a travel trailer in my life, but I bought one today and am here learning. (And you got my first post here )
gshoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 10:16 PM   #9
Site Team

gshoe10, Welcome to the JOF, from NY State! We're here to help where we can.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 10:18 PM   #10

I called the dealer this week to schedule some warranty work. The service writer was telling me how surprisingly swamped they were. Even though things here are slow to open and people have been out of work, everyone seems to be RVing and trying to get their RVs in the shop before Memorial Day trips. They’ve also been doing multiple new unit deliveries daily.
TwinDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 10:20 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshoe10 View Post
I understand your feelings on the story and, while there might not be many of us, my family falls squarely into the category of cancelling a traditional family vacation in favor of an RV. I've never slept even one night in a travel trailer in my life, but I bought one today and am here learning. (And you got my first post here )
Congrats and welcome to JOF! I hope you enjoy RVing as much as we have. Even that isn’t a silver bullet, at least not for us this year. We likely will be canceling a three-week trip to Yellowstone and other areas because of the mandatory Montana quarantine. Oh well.
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
Old 05-16-2020, 10:20 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlightRisk View Post
gshoe10, Welcome to the JOF, from NY State! We're here to help where we can.
Thanks! This place looks like a great resource and I'm going to need a lot of help . I'm totally out of my comfort zone with this purchase, but the whole family is really excited.
Old 05-16-2020, 10:24 PM   #13

Quote:
Congrats and welcome to JOF! I hope you enjoy RVing as much as we have. Even that isn’t a silver bullet, at least not for us this year. We likely will be canceling a three-week trip to Yellowstone and other areas because of the mandatory Montana quarantine. Oh well.
Yeah, I've still got to figure out where we can and can't go this summer. I think that will be a moving target. Luckily for us, many of the campgrounds here in Northern California started re-opening this weekend, if all else fails.
Old 05-16-2020, 10:29 PM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Thanks! This place looks like a great resource and I'm going to need a lot of help . I'm totally out of my comfort zone with this purchase, but the whole family is really excited.
There's a whole bunch of help here, and you're not ever alone. We've all been new to this adventure, and had (still do) questions.

One great way to break into the experience, is what we call Camp Driveway. That makes sure you're close to home if you need it. We look forward to your questions.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 10:36 PM   #15

Quote:
Yeah, I've still got to figure out where we can and can't go this summer. I think that will be a moving target. Luckily for us, many of the campgrounds here in Northern California started re-opening this weekend, if all else fails.
I’d recommend your first trip be a night or two at JGW in Anderson. It’s close to home (and Walmart) and a great place for a shakedown “cruise.” Also next door to the Jayco dealer if that’s where you bought yours too in case you really have a problem.
Old 05-16-2020, 10:41 PM   #16

Quote:
I’d recommend your first trip be a night or two at JGW in Anderson. It’s close to home (and Walmart) and a great place for a shakedown “cruise.” Also next door to the Jayco dealer if that’s where you bought yours too in case you really have a problem.
Thanks for the insight. Sorry for the lack of acronym knowledge, but what's JGW?
Old 05-16-2020, 10:53 PM   #17

It’s the RV park along the river. Nice close place for a “get-acquainted” trip. https://jgwrvpark.com/
Old 05-16-2020, 11:47 PM   #18

gshoe10 Welcome to the forum from S.Oregon. gshoe10 there is a lot of help on this site. We bought our Jayco at the fairgrounds here and needed some warranty work done. We took it to Jayco in Redding. Is the dealer you are talking about next to camping world? That is where we had the work done. It only took them a few hours to get the furnace fixed. After that we stayed in a private RV park in a Cottonwood housing development that my sister-in-law lives in. This has been a three years ago. The RV park is for the people who live in the housing development and their family/friends that are visiting. I think it was $30.00 a night with full hookups at that time. You might want to check into getting into that RV park also if you know someone who lives in there. If that one is opening. Sorry for high jacking this thread.
Duke4857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 11:58 PM   #19

I'm in the same boat gshoe. Being a tent camper all my life , I'm excited/nervous on getting my 1st rv on 5/30. Thanks to some great people here, I'm learning alot and hope not only to know my rig, but maintain it as well.
Rich 92154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 12:35 PM   #20

I don.t know about sales , but this cronoa should make people think about self reliance,
And that's what rving is alot about.
nothing like having you own bed ,bath, cafe , with you every where you go.
I almost forgot welcome to the forum.
greyhawktom is offline   Reply With Quote