Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-15-2020, 07:00 AM   #1

$$$ Stimulus check

My stimulus check arrive today. Lot's of them delivered last night!

2011 Keystone Sprinter 323 BH
Cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 08:32 AM   #2

I consider myself very lucky and have remained working throughout this entire shutdown. I donated my stimulus money to a struggling local small business owner as he just opened his business prior to the economy going south. I am by no means a wealthy person but I always say I have everything I need in life and most of what I want so I thought I would pay it forward this time....

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 09:48 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcm157 View Post
I consider myself very lucky and have remained working throughout this entire shutdown. I donated my stimulus money to a struggling local small business owner as he just opened his business prior to the economy going south. I am by no means a wealthy person but I always say I have everything I need in life and most of what I want so I thought I would pay it forward this time....
My hat is off to you sir and we have a few on our list and as of today we have added “WHO” !!!
Old 04-15-2020, 10:35 AM   #4

I'm stimulating the economy with mine. Getting the house painted.

2011 Keystone Sprinter 323 BH
Cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 11:40 AM   #5

Quote:
What a great outlook! Thanks for your generosity!
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 11:52 AM   #6

Quote:
Good for you! I'm feeling very fortunate too, I won't get a stimulus check. If I did I would follow your lead. What a fine example to set.
Riich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 12:41 PM   #7

My check hasn't shown up yet, but I'm getting the actual paper check, not a DD, so I'm not holding my breath.

That aside, we have made a point of supporting local businesses since the crisis began.

If we order food, it's from a local eatery. I'm getting my hardware from the local ACE franchise, rather than a big chain store... and so on.

When my check does arrive, quite a bit of it will go to a locally owned company who fix our A/C, to persuade them to come back and fix it again (this is Florida, after all, they're considered an essential service!)

Stay safe, and shop small.

Jay Feather 19XUD, pushing a Jeep Grand Cherokee
WeRJuliian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 08:05 AM   #8

Being retired with income and drawing SS , my Wife & I are in the group at the very end of the line . This group also per IRS website includes VA pensioners . I don't really need it but because the news keeps showing all these whiners that live payday to payday crying for " thier money " I want mine too. Problem is that guvment printing press printing money is set on hyper speed & will probably melt befor my name comes up
poohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 08:28 AM   #9

I'm still working and my company gave us a 20%/hr worked increase in pay as "hazard pay". DW's office remained open for a short while for emergency procedures only then shut down completely. She, like many are having issues getting unemployment. Eventually it will come thru, not going to sweat it.
I checked on the status of our stimulus check that I was going to donate but the site said they need more info from me. I have no idea why. I got my taxes done in early march, on-field, and were accepted 2 days later. I owed IRS money which was automatically taken out of our account on 4/15, yet they needed more info like our name, address, ssn, current tax info return/owe amounts, bank account info, etc.. I put it all in and ain't gonna hold my breath on getting it anytime soon. Neither should the employees at a local business I was going to help.out. About the time I get it we will all be back to work around here. Try to do a good and right thing and all you get is crapped on. Oh well, what else is new, right? Lol!
Old 04-22-2020, 09:29 AM   #10
Site Team

We got our checks over 2 weeks ago. Direct Deposit
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 09:54 AM   #11

Waiting
Old 04-22-2020, 10:33 AM   #12

x2 waiting. I get my SS direct deposit, but I got my tax refund by check in the mail.

Route 66 Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 10:35 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Huron View Post
She, like many are having issues getting unemployment. Eventually it will come thru, not going to sweat it.
I checked on the status of our stimulus check that I was going to donate but the site said they need more info from me. I have no idea why. I got my taxes done in early march, on-field, and were accepted 2 days later. I owed IRS money which was automatically taken out of our account on 4/15, yet they needed more info like our name, address, ssn, current tax info return/owe amounts, bank account info, etc.. I put it all in and ain't gonna hold my breath on getting it anytime soon. Neither should the employees at a local business I was going to help.out. About the time I get it we will all be back to work around here. Try to do a good and right thing and all you get is crapped on. Oh well, what else is new, right? Lol!
Same here, my wife works as a sub-contractor with a 1099 but can't get on the website to file unemployment - but she does get SS as she just turned 66.
When I went to irs.gov I also had the same experience and am just waiting for it to appear? We filed in February and got state back but I owe Federal - so I'm thinking that slowed the check down!

2016 Jayflight 27BHS
2015 Ford F-250 Super cab LB, 4x4 6.2 L gas
kayakterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 10:45 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayakterp View Post
We filed in February and got state back but I owe Federal - so I'm thinking that slowed the check down!
They won't use your direct deposit acct info when you owe. If you got a refund last year then they will, other wise you have to wait for a paper check.
Old 04-22-2020, 10:59 AM   #15
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
They won't use your direct deposit acct info when you owe. If you got a refund last year then they will, other wise you have to wait for a paper check.
Im in that same boat. Being self employed I usually owe so no direct deposit have to wait for a paper check.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 11:25 AM   #16
Site Team

For what it is worth, my mother received a stimulus check and she passed away over a year ago. We have had absolutely no luck in finding a way to send it back at this point.
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 11:53 AM   #17

Also waiting.
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 12:43 PM   #18
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
Im in that same boat. Being self employed I usually owe so no direct deposit have to wait for a paper check.
You can go on the IRS web site to "Get My Payment", and go through the steps to enter your direct deposit information to speed up the process.
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 12:46 PM   #19
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightmoon View Post
For what it is worth, my mother received a stimulus check and she passed away over a year ago. We have had absolutely no luck in finding a way to send it back at this point.
7,700 people die EVERY day in the country.... There's a lot of checks going out to dead people.
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 01:22 PM   #20
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredOne View Post
You can go on the IRS web site to "Get My Payment", and go through the steps to enter your direct deposit information to speed up the process.
Tried it several times and get the infamous "payment status not available" message like so many others. It could be because I filed my 2019 taxes a couple weeks ago but just sent the owed amount so it's not processed yet.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote