Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-29-2020, 07:48 PM   #1

Stimulus Checks, what will you spend it on?

So with the stimulus checks coming in a few weeks what are your plans for the money? I told my wife I might blow mine on something frivolous. I'm thinking of a decent drone to play with while camping, videoing some trail rides my brother does at the horse ranch he runs, or maybe just chase the dogs.

PS: No plans on using it anyway to disturb or invade anyone's privacy.
mharrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 07:49 PM   #2

I'm thinking of a 20v battery operated DeWalt chainsaw for camping and some solar equipment for the TT.

Jerry B.
"Stateboy" (Formerly "36fire412")
SW Lower Michigan
2016 X254
2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax TRD 4x4
stateboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 07:51 PM   #3

We are goin to put it back into the bank to replenish what we paid out in taxes this yr. I don't see it as stimulus I see it as a refund of the money they stole via over taxation.
Old 03-29-2020, 07:53 PM   #4

*SWMBO and I are considering giving all to the local food banks to help those that are worse off than we are.

Murff

*She Who Must Be Obeyed

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 07:57 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murff View Post
*SWMBO and I are considering giving all to the local food banks to help those that are worse off than we are.

Murff

*She Who Must Be Obeyed
Now thats a better idea than mine!
Old 03-29-2020, 08:01 PM   #6

Uughhh I'm not eligible for it but I'll still be spending to help stimulate the economy [emoji38]

2015 gmc terrain to flat tow with the Greyhawk.
Studiovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 08:21 PM   #7

Pay my last years taxes....
Old 03-29-2020, 08:22 PM   #8
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodworker View Post
I don't see it as stimulus I see it as a refund of the money they stole via over taxation.
What he said ^^^^^^^^^

Funny how the ones that pay the most taxes get the least help, when they lose their jobs due to no fault of their own...
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 09:42 PM   #9

[QUOTE=Murff;842397]*SWMBO and I are considering giving all to the local food banks to help those that are worse off than we are.

Murff

Now I like that idea and we thought about the humane society. At an unusual time like this we don’t think want to think just about ourselves.
Old 03-29-2020, 10:57 PM   #10

I’m in that middle class tax bracket that gets hosed the most n work my ass off, so I ain’t gettin squat.

I’m blessed, I guess, so I’m glad some less flush catch a break right now.
doonkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 11:02 PM   #11
Site Team

Our church has been the subject of a few discussions. Their bills haven't stopped coming in the mail, but collections have been at zero since this all started. Just seems like the right thing.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 11:08 PM   #12

No check here. Bill's still coming in. At least the DW and I can working from home.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 12:07 AM   #13

We’ll be doing our part to help the mom-and-pop small businesses stay afloat. When I’m done, at least half will go to my mechanic for maintenance and a few other items on the F250. And we’ll be ordering a lot of meals from our favorite family-run restaurant. These are the parts of the economy I think we need to stimulate before they fold from this. The Walmarts and Targets will survive.
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 06:49 AM   #14

IF I get a buck or two I will use it to buy stuff which employs people to build stuff and pays a guy/gal to deliver the stuff... what stuff I don't know but it will be something that was produced here in the states... New Balance Tennies, cowboy boots, Yamaha 4wheeler, things like that ... nothing from china thank you very much... I do go to the pizza place and pickup and hit their tip jar as the owner is giving the tips to the wait staff that have been furloughed.. I like "giving" to those that work for it...and keeping my local people employed and bills payed.

Besides that "stimulus" money will be coming back to the gov... my understanding (could be wrong) is that next year it will be counted as income and taxed accordingly. You may just not get that "refund" next year... your tax situation may be different
curver900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 06:50 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyDuck View Post
We’ll be doing our part to help the mom-and-pop small businesses stay afloat. When I’m done, at least half will go to my mechanic for maintenance and a few other items on the F250. And we’ll be ordering a lot of meals from our favorite family-run restaurant. These are the parts of the economy I think we need to stimulate before they fold from this. The Walmarts and Targets will survive.
I live in a small town and unfortunately all of our family-run restaurants have even stopped curbside pickup, all we have left is fast-food drive-thru. My brother had to shut down the horse ranch he runs so I'm going to spend some time out there and help with some trail maintenance. If I do get a drone it would also be used to help him promote the ranch, he's used them before. I should get a check, my pension is well below the $75,000 and my wife's income is $0.
Old 03-30-2020, 07:16 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by curver900 View Post
IF I get a buck or two I will use it to buy stuff which employs people to build stuff and pays a guy/gal to deliver the stuff... what stuff I don't know but it will be something that was produced here in the states... New Balance Tennies, cowboy boots, Yamaha 4wheeler, things like that ... nothing from china thank you very much... I do go to the pizza place and pickup and hit their tip jar as the owner is giving the tips to the wait staff that have been furloughed.. I like "giving" to those that work for it...and keeping my local people employed and bills payed.

Besides that "stimulus" money will be coming back to the gov... my understanding (could be wrong) is that next year it will be counted as income and taxed accordingly. You may just not get that "refund" next year... your tax situation may be different
That's one thing nobody is thinking about. Next yr this counting as income. We don't make that much money but between what we paid this yr an what we'll now pay next yr we'll be in the hole deeper because of this refund, er stimulus as they call it. No gain situation for us. No such thing as free money
Old 03-30-2020, 07:29 AM   #17

I've read on several websites that the checks are not taxable.

https://www.businessinsider.com/pers...s-checks-taxed

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyph.../#5ce0566f1f9c
Old 03-30-2020, 07:50 AM   #18

[QUOTE=Riverman;842473]I've read on several websites that the checks are not taxable.

You are correct !!! It’s being considered a tax refund.
Old 03-30-2020, 08:04 AM   #19

I live in a small that relies on tourism to succeed and with no people coming in the local businesses are suffering. I will support my local businesses as much as I can but even some of those are shutting down. Short term bad but long term could be catastrophic here. I could eat McDonalds every day but me getting fat won't help anything, lol.
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 08:29 AM   #20

My first inclination is to just make it a part of the family budget. Which means I'll spend as little of it as possible.

But, the patriotic thing to do would be to spend it. But, on what? Already have enough guitars, motorcycles, kayaks, and a sailboat. I'm toy oriented, but I have a bunch already.

If my wife was put in charge of spending it, she'd probably want to squander it on the grandkids.

Hmmmm.

I mean, this is essentially guilt free play money! But, to keep it guilt free, I think it would have to be spent on an American made product. Imagine the irony if it gets spent on something made in China.

Alright, I suppose it would make sense to split it with my wife. I mean, it's the right thing to do, but....

Well, thanks for provoking thought on this subject, anyway.

Oh, and there's the old, "I spent most of it on broads, booze, and drugs. The rest, I just squandered"!
Siamese is offline   Reply With Quote