Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2021, 07:25 PM   #1
RPR

Vaccine passport

Good if you are flying or traveling out of the country. My concern is if they start to require you to carry it on you at all times. Police state: Stopping you and making you show your Id and vaccine passport. Just like when they pass the laws to prevent unlawful search when they pull you over. Still being done but they call it “For Officer Safety”. I support our local police, they have a tough and crappy job. I worry about the dark side of government. Control the public with fear.
Old 04-12-2021, 07:37 PM   #2

Because the vaccine is classified as emergency use and hasn’t technically been approved it can’t be made mandatory. Multiple agencies have stated it won’t be made mandatory and there won’t be vaccine passport. Yes, the classification could change but it’s unlikely in the near future.

The Government has not made vaccines mandatory for childhood diseases and those vaccines are actually approved. This in itself sets a precedent for the COVID vaccine not being made mandatory...
Old 04-12-2021, 08:14 PM   #3
RPR

Interesting
Attached Thumbnails
61712C46-9A45-4FB5-829E-41E6235C9919.jpg  
Old 04-12-2021, 09:19 PM   #4

Private companies are free to set the rules for their organizations (as long as they don't violate the law.)

If a Cruise Ship line wants proof of vaccination, then that's at their discretion. We're free to choose another line or vacation spot.

It's reasonable to expect fraudulent documentation and to ask for some sort of standard documentation.

That may be the limit of government involvement.
Old 05-07-2021, 09:50 AM   #5
RPR

Do not put a photo of your vaccination card on any of your personal electronic devices that have access to the web. Vaccination card theft will become more prevalent when some companies and countries require it as proof of vaccination. There are some companies in the US working on a digitalized vaccination card app for smartphones.
Old 05-07-2021, 09:58 AM   #6

It will be required for international travel, as that is a privilege and not a right.

I would imagine that most countries, to protect their own health system will require proof of vaccination or antibodies for tourists/visitors. It's the easiest way to appease citizens and make it look like the politicians are doing something to protect their country.

Like it or not, I think this will be the way it is at least for the next few years.
Old 05-07-2021, 10:32 AM   #7
RPR

Little more info.
Attached Thumbnails
CEE26BE4-30F4-48D4-B332-EE75EE4D3047.jpg  
Old 05-07-2021, 10:40 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPR View Post
Little more info.
Its still not required by the NYS that you get vaccinated. All the pass does is verify you are vaccinated for travel abroad and also for certain businesses that may require it upon full FDA approval.

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Old 05-07-2021, 11:29 AM   #9

I feel this thread should be monitored by the Mods as discussion of this type turn political.

I know we all have opinions on this and other sensitive subjects but there are other sites on the internet set up for discussions of this type.

My post just to keep the moderators job easier here.

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Old 05-07-2021, 12:59 PM   #10

On the local news today, there was a segment about a ne!rby city now requiring all city employees to get the covid vaccine. Failure to do so based on their schedule results in a warning, a 2 day suspension and finally termination.

I would think this has lawsuit written all over it.
Old 05-07-2021, 01:30 PM   #11

Just FYI, they are already being counterfeited. We've run across several on the "street"
Old 05-07-2021, 01:46 PM   #12

I understand all the dramatics and concerns about this virus but, why not be just as vigilant with the regular seasonal flu? It has literally killed millions all over the globe over the years. Approximately a half million a year worldwide. Yet employers don't demand seasonal flu shot proof. It's not mandatory. Completely voluntary. I feel like they've swept it under the rug. They don't even advertise for it around here anymore. It's nothing but Covid this Covid that. I guess if you get the regular seasonal flu, it's just happenstance and swept under the rug. Strange world we live in folks, strange indeed.
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
Old 05-07-2021, 01:56 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pconroy View Post
Private companies are free to set the rules for their organizations (as long as they don't violate the law.)

If a Cruise Ship line wants proof of vaccination, then that's at their discretion. We're free to choose another line or vacation spot.

It's reasonable to expect fraudulent documentation and to ask for some sort of standard documentation.

That may be the limit of government involvement.
This is about the size of it. Even private companies are going to be cautious about requiring the vaccine. Where I work they have encouraged it but have stated several times they are not requiring it.
Closed Thread