Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-09-2020, 06:02 AM   #1

12 volts to Seneca stabilizer jacks

The jacks on the jayco, where do the battery power come from, cab, or house batteries, they work on generator power, but not on battery power, shows low voltage and blinks and bells ring, any help, anyone else have this dilemma

thanks
Old 06-09-2020, 08:00 AM   #2

Mine are powered by the house batteries and I am not having any issues related to low power. My Jacks work fine without the generator running.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 08:05 AM   #3

See the attached drawings. This is valid prior to the new chassis. I can not say if they changed it but this shows the Jack's off the chassis batteries. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200527_172705.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	59840
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 02:08 PM   #4

On our Greyhawk, they're wired directly to the house battery. When mine started acting up, I contacted Equalizer Support. Excellent help.

We formed a good plan and he wanted me to ensure the ground was tight.
He was right - it wasn't.

Cleaned and retightened the ground lug and things were fixed.
Old 06-09-2020, 02:47 PM   #5

Our 2015 Seneca powers the jacks from the Chassis Batteries.

In troubleshooting this before on ours... we found that the circuit breaker on top of the chassis batteries was tripped. When the generator was started, it activated the Battery Isolation Relay(BIM) which provided enough power to the jacks to operate them. After shutting down the generator, the jacks had no power unless the BIM sensed the low battery condition - which also showed on the Jack console because the house batteries were low.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 06:47 PM   #6

On my 2014 with Bigfoot levelers the jacks are fed directly from my house batteries through a 300 amp circuit breaker. Drawing for my unit attached.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 0060728_A_1-5_062714 (2).pdf (144.4 KB, 11 views)
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 07:59 PM   #7

When I replaced my equalizer motor last week, I disconnected the ground cable from the house batteries and unplugged from electric. I tested the power at the motor and to my surprise I still had 12 volts which tells me it’s getting power from the chassis battery.
Since I didn’t feel like fooling with the chassis battery, I just put electric tape over the positive lead, so I can’t say with complete certainty power came from chassis but I’m pretty sure it does.
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 08:18 AM   #8

Thanks all for the info, really appreciated
Old 06-13-2020, 10:13 AM   #9

just took off the cover where the batteries for the coach batteries are, not the house batteries, they were suppose to change them back in February along with the house batteries, the house batteries they did change, this was part of the gimmie they were suppose to do in telling me this was a svr2 chassis, when it wasn't, and they didn't even try to change them, it must have been to difficult from the way it looks, believe me I will haunt them till I die, my fault was when I looked and seen they changed the house batteries I just assumed they did the chassis batteries as well, what a ass I am, now I am in Texas and they are in california
Old 06-13-2020, 04:28 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer55 View Post
just took off the cover where the batteries for the coach batteries are, not the house batteries, they were suppose to change them back in February along with the house batteries, the house batteries they did change, this was part of the gimmie they were suppose to do in telling me this was a svr2 chassis, when it wasn't, and they didn't even try to change them, it must have been to difficult from the way it looks, believe me I will haunt them till I die, my fault was when I looked and seen they changed the house batteries I just assumed they did the chassis batteries as well, what a ass I am, now I am in Texas and they are in california
So they told you the unit was on an S2RV chassis and it is on a M2 chassis instead? Is this an early 2018 or 2017 chassis with dual fuel tanks?
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 04:35 AM   #11

yea, I asked them and that's what they advertised it as, so I made a deal with them, still loved the M2 ride
Old 06-14-2020, 10:28 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer55 View Post
We were in at the Grand Canyon on the maiden voyage of my 2012 (New to us) Seneca a few years ago. The bed above the cab is where I slept. A rotten egg smell ran me out of there one night. It was the chassis batteries boiling. The guy I bought it from told me he changed all the batteries.....he changed all the house batteries and did not know about those. Those chassis batteries were 6 years old!
Clayduster71 is offline   Reply With Quote